China Ceramic Chips - how are they produced? (1 Viewer)

SoupHQ

Pair
Reaction score
/Edit: Talking about the Card Mold "Ceramics" from Tina/Anita (i know theyre plastic).

Hey,
just now i am considering buying ceramics with a custom design. But i am not sure if i want the Cards Mold or NoMold with Texture. I really like the Texture of no Molds. But i also like a chip with some Cardmold all over the Chip plus the circle around the Logo.

So how are they produced? Isnt it possible to make a cardmold and then press the texture into the Chip. / Card Mold doesnt have that texture on the Chips and feel more like dusty. Unlike the NoMolds. Question is - can i have CardMolds with that NoMold-Texture Feeling?

(sorry if dumb question)

Last edited:
I’m a noob but I’m not sure cards molds are ceramic. You can’t go wrong them but I understand them to be some sort of molded composite. I probably should know this since I have a group buy set nearly on its way.

I’m a noob but I’m not sure cards molds are ceramic. You can’t go wrong them but I understand them to be some sort of molded composite. I probably should know this since I have a group buy set nearly on its way.

Ofc its not real ceramic, its just a way to press plastic.

/Edit:
Card Mold doesnt have that texture on the Chips and feel more like dusty. Unlike the NoMolds. Question is - can i have CardMolds with that NoMold-Texture Feeling?

Ofc its not real ceramic, its just a way to press plastic.

/Edit:
Card Mold doesnt have that texture on the Chips and feel more like dusty. Unlike the NoMolds. Question is - can i have CardMolds with that NoMold-Texture Feeling?
Well, I’m sorry if you confused me. Nobody I know refers to Cards Mold as ceramics.

Ceramic chips aren’t actually ceramic, and clay chips aren’t really clay. Plastic chips are the only honest chips! :love:

But for the purpose of chipping, ceramic chips are the ones that get a design printed on them. Blanks are made with injection molding, so any texture just depends on the mold used AFAIK.

If looking to get ceramics, personally I’d consider ABC Gifts and Awards or Sun-Fly over Tina.

My english seems to be not good enough to explain what i mean xD

I am talking about the Tina plastic "ceramics" with AND without Mold. The Cardmold dont have that extra texture on the Chips and are a bit dusty. The NoMold have that extra Texture like on the Picture. But i want both the Card Mold AND the Texture ^^

etet.png

My english seems to be not good enough to explain what i mean xD

I am talking about the Tina plastic "ceramics" with AND without Mold. The Cardmold dont have that extra texture on the Chips and are a bit dusty. The NoMold have that extra Texture like on the Picture. But i want both the Card Mold AND the Texture ^^
Like I said, AFAIK the texture comes on blanks made with injection molding. Apparently the molds used to create the Card Mold blanks don’t have texture by design, No Mold injection molds do. So you would need to create a new injection mold to produce Card Mold blanks with texture. AFAIK, never made any myself LOL.

Like I said, AFAIK the texture comes on blanks made with injection molding. Apparently the molds used to create the Card Mold blanks don’t have texture by design, No Mold injection molds do. So you would need to create a new injection mold to produce Card Mold blanks with texture. AFAIK, never made any myself LOL.

Thanks, now i got it!
So my english too bad to both explain AND understand ^^

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom