China Cards Mold - CHINA CLUB group buy - 26,025 chips - NO NEW ORDERS (3 Viewers)

lock it down so i can dibs a sample set already....
Looks like I am going to have 56 sample sets (25 original, 31 from this buy) so I think I will have plenty.

My goal is to trade with anybody else buying cards mold chips. Well, anybody who had the foresight to order enough sample sets to have some to trade anyway. I'm sure I'll have some to sell too.

Looks like I am going to have 56 sample sets (25 original, 31 from this buy) so I think I will have plenty.

My goal is to trade with anybody else buying cards mold chips. Well, anybody who had the foresight to order enough sample sets to have some to trade anyway. I'm sure I'll have some to sell too.
That's right. I think we did discuss trading for my Texas Flood. I guess I'll have another NCC sample. :D

I'm assuming this order will queue in behind all the original orders from Sean's GB. Hoping I get the rest of my original chips before these come. But maybe just a little before?

Shipping quote $715. That is under 3 cents a chip. Chips quoted at 28 cents each. Doubt 26k chips is enough to wrap them to a pallet, but that would be cool. I work where there is a loading dock and could receive a pallet of chips. A pallet! lol

Artwork submitted, and samples will be made before printing the whole batch.

Money is on the way to my bank account, at which point it will be sent to the vendor.

So this is locked down? was just about to request a small set :D

Finally got a lai baba sample set and they are surprisingly nice!

If you like nerdy spreadsheet crap:
money sheet.jpg

Money is in the bank. Manufacturer has sent an invoice. The invoice is payable AFTER we see the prototype chips printed. The printing of the prototypes should occur within the next few days. Of course I will post in this thread any pictures and videos I receive.

Money is in the bank. Manufacturer has sent an invoice. The invoice is payable AFTER we see the prototype chips printed. The printing of the prototypes should occur within the next few days. Of course I will post in this thread any pictures and videos I receive.
It is interesting that with my wife's recent medical drama, we are going to "plead poverty" with the hospital to try to get our out of pocket expenses reduced. We did it before with a similar income level and a couple of expensive surgeries. I say that only because it is hard to plead poverty when you have a bank account with $10k in it. So I might have to explain to a hospital financial person what a group buy is and that $8,000 was never mine.

Not sure if it is the lighting or not, but something looks off about the 10 cent chip. Kind of looks like the dye is not fully getting into the cards impression maybe? Looks blue-ish to me.

Everything else looks great.
One of the, I will call it idiosyncratic, things about these chips is the large areas of solid colors often produce alternate hues at edges or depressions. If you look in the depressions or on the edges of the 5 cent chips, you will see blue hues. This bothered me a little at first. Then I realized I'm getting fully custom ceramics for 30 cents each (approximately) delivered to my doorstep, and I embraced it at that point.

Not sure if it is the lighting or not, but something looks off about the 10 cent chip. Kind of looks like the dye is not fully getting into the cards impression maybe? Looks blue-ish to me.

Everything else looks great.
It's lighting and reflectiveness. The bottom of the cards mold is glossy and more reflective than the surface of the chip. I've observed the same thing in photos I've taken of the chips I have in hand. It's also much more evident in darker colors.

The chips look great in hand. In fact, I would say it's a positive, because it makes the mold stand out a bit. If both surfaces were identical it would be much more difficult to even see the mold.

20201214_224417.jpg

Maybe it was intentional, but the Keno Queen side of the $25 looks like different artwork. The ”inlay” is a different shape, she has a yellow dress instead of green, and the denomination looks like a darker red...
Good catch. Scalloped on one side and hub on the other does not seem right. Let me check my artwork files.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom