Checking in from ND (1 Viewer)

mlawrence125

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello all,

Been lurking for a while now, finally decided to join. Looking forward to getting some info, learning and hopefully someday getting in on a group buy. Over 250 bucks for shipping on alibaba is insane.

I only currently use monaco club chips from eBay, but have some samples of empires, royals and turbo ceramic. Trying to decide for a cash set. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks,

Mike

Hello and welcome to PCF! Just get samples and find what you and your budget like.

Welcome to PCF. Take your time. Read reviews. Get more samples. Then buy whatever you like, no matter what some of the grumpy bastards say.

I bought a set of The Bank chips from Apache and re-labeled them. I'm very happy with them. They have a very similar feel to the Majestics and Royals.

It would be hard to beat the colors on the Royals, if you don't mind the larger chips.

These are mine.

Wide Stacks 2.jpg

I recommend you wait, if you are leaning towards the Empire or Turbo. When you have access to group buys, @justincarothers can hook you up with some great ceramics at a great price. Use the search to look for "Tina" to find examples of what is out there for Justin's stuff.

As far as Apache goes, they are a class act as well.

Welcome! I will agree with @BigJackJones, if you are looking at the Empire set, hold out for one of the group buys. I just ordered a custom set in the latest buy. Designing it was a lot easier than I had originally thought.

Welcome! I will agree with @BigJackJones, if you are looking at the Empire set, hold out for one of the group buys. I just ordered a custom set in the latest buy. Designing it was a lot easier than I had originally thought.
What is the reason to wait for a group buy? Do they come out to be cheaper than apache at 49c a chip?

Hello and welcome to the forum! I am a big fan of the Turbo's. My first tournament set was Turbo's. I recently saw that ThePokerStore.com raised their prices on them by quite a bit. (Edit. I looked back on the price I paid and it has only gone up $20 for 1000 chips. Only a very small price increase. I must have drank a margarita or 50 sometime in the last year or so and my memory is not that great.) They did update the yellow 1000 chip and make it easier to read which is nice. For about the same price, you can get in on a group buy from @justincarothers and have all kinds of great designs and molds to choose from.

(Edited to correct my incorrect memory of the Turbo chip pricing. It is still about the same price.)

Last edited:
What is the reason to wait for a group buy? Do they come out to be cheaper than apache at 49c a chip?
Possibly cheaper, but WAY more options than Apache can offer. You can even design your very own custom set. I like the Empire line, but for $.49 cents per chip, you can get about anything you can dream up in the group buy.

The empire set is just a design on what is called a cards mold. Those are widely available around here in every possible design.

Possibly cheaper, but WAY more options than Apache can offer. You can even design your very own custom set. I like the Empire line, but for $.49 cents per chip, you can get about anything you can dream up in the group buy.

The empire set is just a design on what is called a cards mold. Those are widely available around here in every possible design.
Got it, thanks for the info. Hopefully I'm eligible for a group but soon. Guess I could always just go the eBay route for a 25/50c cash set until then

Welcome

Fellow Nodak here- Grand Forks

If you have any unanswered questions

PM me and I'll try to help

All my Best Jeff :)

The group buys are cheaper, with more options, at the expense of time. They are usually open for 1 month, the order gets placed, and then you wait about 2 months for them to be produced, shipped from China, then delivered to you. If you can't wait that long, the Empire chips are a good option. I have 400 of them myself.

If you can wait, the group buy is cheaper and has a lot more options not even counting custom chips you might design yourself. You can look in the Broken Arrow vendor section at past buys for an idea of what is available.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/forums/broken-arrow-cardroom-supply.172/

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom