N00b checking in from Pittsburgh (1 Viewer)

roscoe_gsp

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hi everyone - Long time lurker, first time poster :)

Played a lot of poker ~20 yrs ago back in my college days but work, kids, other hobbies got in the way for a long time. Back into playing more often now thanks to The Rivers being close by and online poker now easier to get into than it used to be. Also started up a semi-regular home game with some buddies and neighbors which is how I stumbled on PCF. My old ceramic walmart chips just aren't cutting it and I want to step it up a notch with some customs.

I'm going to be starting with a cash set and likely acquiring a secondary tourney set for 10 players at first. Found out quickly that with the designs I like on CPC it would set me back several thousand bucks so not quite ready to make that jump yet. Really prefer clay chips and like what I got in samples from Apache but also considering trying to get samples of the TINA or similar to see how they compare. Just so much info to consume here and make heads or tails of it all.

Also whipped up a quick design hoping it would be easier to place custom orders than it seems it is but need to do more research on what specs are required for artwork.

Attachments

• PokerChipDesign.png
    PokerChipDesign.png
    129.9 KB · Views: 64
Also whipped up a quick design hoping it would be easier to place custom orders than it seems it is but need to do more research on what specs are required for artwork.
Nice! and welcome! I'd consider flipping "poker club" and making denom bigger but thats just me, do what makes you happy.

Hi everyone - Long time lurker, first time poster :)

Played a lot of poker ~20 yrs ago back in my college days but work, kids, other hobbies got in the way for a long time. Back into playing more often now thanks to The Rivers being close by and online poker now easier to get into than it used to be. Also started up a semi-regular home game with some buddies and neighbors which is how I stumbled on PCF. My old ceramic walmart chips just aren't cutting it and I want to step it up a notch with some customs.

I'm going to be starting with a cash set and likely acquiring a secondary tourney set for 10 players at first. Found out quickly that with the designs I like on CPC it would set me back several thousand bucks so not quite ready to make that jump yet. Really prefer clay chips and like what I got in samples from Apache but also considering trying to get samples of the TINA or similar to see how they compare. Just so much info to consume here and make heads or tails of it all.
Welcome to PCF! I'm in Lewisburg, PA. If you're in the area please let me know!

I've got some extra cards mold chips that some folks have sent me after running a few Tina group buys. Private message me your address and I'll ship you a sample. Happy chipping!

Welcome Lurker :p !
Nice inlay idea but your denoms seem very small.
I've been going back and forth trying to figure out the right mix on the denoms. The red denoms would be for the cash game set and right now we're playing .25/.50 but I could easily see that going to .50/1. was thinking about this mix for cash game:
.25 x 200
1 x 200
5 x 200
20 x 200

and this mix for tourney:
T25 x 80
T100 x 80
T500 x 70
T1000 x 80
T5000 x 40

definitely open to feedback there if I should consider something in terms of denoms or number per denom to support ~10 folks.

Nice! and welcome! I'd consider flipping "poker club" and making denom bigger but thats just me, do what makes you happy.
Cool idea on flipping poker club - I'll have to play around with Adobe and see if I can figure that out.

Actually very much agree on making the denom bigger. I can't decide if I should make the graphic smaller to make the denom bigger or overlap the graphic or change graphic altogether to make more space

Welcome to PCF! I'm in Lewisburg, PA. If you're in the area please let me know!

I've got some extra cards mold chips that some folks have sent me after running a few Tina group buys. Private message me your address and I'll ship you a sample. Happy chipping!
Thanks and will do! Sending over a PM momentarily

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom