Cheap Nexgen labelling project (1 Viewer)

fisherpatt

Waiting List
Reaction score
Picked up 1,000 NexGen las Vegas edge chips today. I dont like the no cash value stamp so I want to label the chips, but I have some questions first.

I am trying to keep this project cheap so I think printing the labels myself will be the only option. What are the best 1" circle labels in terms of durability and texture? I looked at the Avery website and they have a bunch of material options so I might just buy a few sheets of some and see what works best.

Here is my initial mockup for the design.
Vice3.png
ViceChips1.png

Is this design too detailed or colorful to come out well with diy printing?

I don't love how the colors look together. Very bright, neon inlay with washed out chip colors make the chip very underwhelming. Plus the blue and pink font will be very tough to read.

I don't love how the colors look together. Very bright, neon inlay with washed out chip colors make the chip very underwhelming. Plus the blue and pink font will be very tough to read.
I agree, I'm going to keep messing with the colors and I'll print samples with different colors to see what looks best.
Here is a less neon color scheme. I still need to work on the top text to make it more legible.
Vice3Dark.png
ViceChips2.png

Sure! A work in progress. I can't really judge it without looking at the legibility of the denoms. Very thin lines and light colors would give us trouble. Good luck, take your time, cool idea.

Cool idea and I love the upgrade to the cheap chips. I would go with a slightly bigger denomination. I’m color blind so the big numbers help. And I run a game with old people so that always is a factor. This design reminds me of GTA vice city

Cool idea. The font is killing me though. I can’t make out the wording or denom without zooming in. The new background reminds me of being on vacation but it’s cloudy and about to rain. Lol

Curious where you found those chips. I lost 100 white to usps damaging a shipment. You wouldn't be willing to part with some whites would you? :)

Picked up 1,000 NexGen las Vegas edge chips today. I dont like the no cash value stamp so I want to label the chips, but I have some questions first.

I am trying to keep this project cheap so I think printing the labels myself will be the only option. What are the best 1" circle labels in terms of durability and texture? I looked at the Avery website and they have a bunch of material options so I might just buy a few sheets of some and see what works best.
Absolutely do not try and print at home. You will be grossly disappointed in your printer's tolerances. One-eighth of an inch matters a ton when we are doing labels this small with designs this tight. Home printers have these sorts of shifts all the time. This path will end in disappointment. (Or in my case, hours of hand punching.) See my attempt at this from 5 years ago:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ibilities-and-perils-of-cheap-chipping.29479/

I will absolutely vouch for @merkong 's experience with StickerMule , good quality labels and consistent printing.

I also have personal experience with OnlineLabels.com, but I had a deliberately spartan and forgiving label design admittedly.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ver-club-tournament-set-8v-cc-from-abc.59594/

If you nose around the internet, you can find discounts for onlinelabels.com rather readily.

Hope this helps,

Good Luck

Where did you find Nexgen Las Vegas edge for sale? A league I run uses them for tournaments, and I'm always looking out for a couple of styles (not the ones that you have here, unfortunately).

two things as this project is close to my heart

1. you may want to make background of lable to match colors on chip at least a bit
2. if you have spare blacks I am guy to contact

Thanks for the advice everyone. I got the chips for $70 off facebook marketplace for 1000 of them. I want to keep the price of 2000 stickers under $100 which means gear labels, sticker mule, or any non diy option will be too expensive.
I have access to a nice laser printer and a Cricut so I am going to try the diy approach first. I'm either going to buy printable vinyl and cut out the stickers on a cricut or just buy some sticker sheets. The diy option will also let me print my own samples and update the design quickly.
If the diy approach ends up not working out I will consider the more expensive options.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I got the chips for $70 off facebook marketplace for 1000 of them. I want to keep the price of 2000 stickers under $100 which means gear labels, sticker mule, or any non diy option will be too expensive.
I have access to a nice laser printer and a Cricut so I am going to try the diy approach first. I'm either going to buy printable vinyl and cut out the stickers on a cricut or just buy some sticker sheets. The diy option will also let me print my own samples and update the design quickly.
If the diy approach ends up not working out I will consider the more expensive options.
good luck with a project ....Nexgen you got are a great chips (even better by $ spent), hope they give you and your friends lots of fun

I have tried DiY before, and they came out usable, but sub-par. Still, it's hard to argue when the base cost was $70.

I have a couple super cheap sets. Only one (a 2200 chip limit set) retained the original labels. Custom is better, but I would never do DiY again.

Nope. Order half from The Mule, do one side, scrimp and save and reorder. You’ll even get Al a discount on the reorder.

You’ll be happy you did and not DIY (Disappointed In Yourself).

I just made that last part up.

Cricut might work. We didn't have one at that point.

I want to keep the price of 2000 stickers under $100 which means gear labels, sticker mule, or any non diy option will be too expensive.

FWIW, I priced 2200 (10% buffer) 1" Circle labels on White Weatherproof stock on onlinelabels.com at $91.47

1693418517581.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom