For Sale Charity Auction/Sample Sets/ TRK sample set (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
https://www.gofundme.com/xs27wvyc

5766045_1443152725.9862_updates_zpsvpnz6okv.jpg

100.00's matched from me (at the end of the auction)

Below is what was sent to me via paypal

20.00's Dave O via my paypal
20.00 strike via my paypal
20.00 DMZ via paypal
20.00 tommycat via paypal
20.00 BGinGA
20.00 phase12
20.00 softchewy
20.00 georgiakurt
100.00 anonymous

100.00 from an anonymous member (shipped privately)

First off, this will be way inferior to @Psypher1000 charity raffle.

I'm simply auctioning off a few of my sample sets and some extra playing cards.

Starting price will be 30.00's shipped in the U.S. I'll ship outside the U.S. but the purchaser will pay for anything over 12 bucks shipping.

Auction will run until next MON, NOV 23rd, 0900 hrs

Its very unlikely that this will get to 100.00's. I plan on matching the winning bid up to 100 bucks and adding it to her gofund account.

Megan and I's cubicles were next to each other. We often chatted. When I was updating paper work, or writing a report if there was a Tigers game on I would be listening to it via my phone. She would always ask me to turn it up. She was a fan. It also brought fond memories of going to Tigers games with her Father.

Anyways, here is some information on her and what happened.

Megan Christ is a prosthetist/orthotist at the University of Michigan Orthotics and Prosthetics Center. She started in 2006 as an orthotic resident, and then worked in the O&P Acute Care Satellite at UH for 4 years. After leaving for a few years to work in California and Virginia, Megan and her husband Steven returned to Michigan in 2014 and she resumed working at the UMOPC at the outpatient center. Megan enjoys working with amputees of all ages to fit prosthetic limbs, as well as providing custom braces to orthotic patients. She has had a blast volunteering with the kids at Trails Edge Camp for 4 summers.

On July 4, 2015, while Megan and Steven were vacationing in North Carolina, the porch they were standing on to take a Christ family photo collapsed. After falling 12 feet, Megan suffered a C7 incomplete spinal cord injury, causing paralysis from the chest down. She spent 2.5 months on 6A for intensive rehab, working with truly dedicated therapists, nurses, and physicians. With the support of her amazing husband, family, and friends, Megan made important gains and discharged, and now continues with outpatient therapy at MedRehab.

We are raising money to purchase a vehicle that can be modified to add hand controls and an electric lift for the wheelchair to allow Megan to drive. This will greatly increase her independence as she continues to work toward returning to work at O&P. Please join us at Revel & Roll on November 15, 2015 to help her by stopping by the Megan Christ Lane to help Megan in her quest. All you have to do is bowl one frame pledging at least 50 cents per pin for each one you knock down!! Now is your chance to practice your strikes!!! Volunteers will take cash, checks or we will have our laptops so you can go right to the Gofundme page and make your “pin” donation!!

Come on out to have some PM&R fun and make a donation to Megan’s new wheelchair and help get her back to UMOPC!

I receive what we will call a weekly allowance from my wife (lol, whatever, she runs the finances). I've been donating 20 bucks every other week to help out with dinners and shit. I wanted to do more.

View attachment 22295

Here are the pictures of what I'm including in this auction.

20151114_082655_zpsldpdnxpz.jpg

20151114_082255_zpsymau7i97.jpg

20151114_082527_zpsady3itsq.jpg

20151114_082119_zps5wh68lwc.jpg

20151114_082408_zpsbr7sjoys.jpg

20151114_082217_zpsoepeoqsd.jpg

20151114_080608_zpsjy37in8k.jpg

20151114_082711_zpsjlf0xq7g.jpg

View attachment 22377
IMGP1927.JPG
View attachment 22295

20140131_135839.jpg
oAxOBhy.jpg
poker-chip-forum.jpg
View attachment 22377
IMGP1927.JPG

mandalay_zpsnw9la3vj.jpg

CPG17-Blister_zps3csapdcz.jpg

pcf-charity_zpsf3pspp2k.jpg

20150618_204216_resized_zpswpcsk0iz.jpg

7fpWkxO_zpsygpyr8jy.jpg

image_zpsgq8um2kx.jpg

Last edited:
Bids in 1.00 increments is fine.

If there aren't any bids then I'll keep the stuff and donate a minimum of 60 as I would be the winner of the auction :)

I forgot to put it in the OP. I'm also going to throw in a sample set of my CPC Sunset chips when I get them in JAN.

B

One of our outstanding members asked me for her gofund page so that he may donate something outside of the auction. Then he encouraged me to post the link to the account.

It has been added to the top of the OP.

Thanks again guys. This is awesome.

Ok, I contacted @detroitdad in a pm for permission before I posted on his thread. I would like to slightly "sweeten the pot" of this auction by adding the following chip.
i may have something else that but will have to check once I get off the road later this week. Good luck with the auction and prayers to Megan and her family!
FullSizeRender (640x525).jpg

David

Last edited:
Being a Shriner and Shrine Clown for many years I have had the opportunity to work with many adults and children with disabilities. I usually donate only to the Shrine because I know where my money goes and the amount per dollar that goes to our hospitals is well over 95%. I feel I need to donate to this cause because first Megan looks to be a beautiful young lady going through a drastic change in her life. Secondly being someone who works in orthotics I can only guess she has probably helped one of our children through her work. SOOOO....
I would like to make a $20 donation to her gofundme account although I really do not want to use my credit card. @detroitdad can I send you the cash via PayPal and you send in with your donation?
Also I challenge all members to match my donation!!!

Being a Shriner and Shrine Clown for many years I have had the opportunity to work with many adults and children with disabilities. I usually donate only to the Shrine because I know where my money goes and the amount per dollar that goes to our hospitals is well over 95%. I feel I need to donate to this cause because first Megan looks to be a beautiful young lady going through a drastic change in her life. Secondly being someone who works in orthotics I can only guess she has probably helped one of our children through her work. SOOOO....
I would like to make a $20 donation to her gofundme account although I really do not want to use my credit card. @detroitdad can I send you the cash via PayPal and you send in with your donation?
Also I challenge all members to match my donation!!!

absolutely sir.

Your guy's additions are awesome. I've never seen the $2.00 Mandalay Bay chip before. Its very sexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom