Chanman on YouTube (1 Viewer)

Tony, I 'm not sure this is the right thread to ask this question, but it's still the newest thread, so the question is:
Have you been installing auto-shufflers into your tables?
Would you recommend the affordable one (the ShuffleTech ST1000, at $600)?
Do you know if it can withstand amateur use (let's say 8 continuous hours per week) without maintenance issues?
If yes, how would you position it on the table, having in mind a permanent, but still playing dealer?

Many people (newer people on here especially) seem to thing an 8ft table is good for ten players, while some of us already know for ten players you want a 9ft table. Maybe a pro/con video of 8ft vs 9ft?
I have to disagree with you on this. I first purchased a 7' oval table from Tony. I've had 10 players on it twice. It wasn't as though anybody complained. I've added a second custom by Tony as well. An 8' oval, it seats 10 with ease. I've received nothing but compliments. I ran a 10 man game on it once where one of the players was a big man, and there was NO issue. I'm a big guy myself.

I'm a newer person here, started hosting in August 2019, and when I resume, I'll continue to run 10man STTs on either of the two afformentioned tables I got.

Tony, I 'm not sure this is the right thread to ask this question, but it's still the newest thread, so the question is:
Have you been installing auto-shufflers into your tables?
Would you recommend the affordable one (the ShuffleTech ST1000, at $600)?
Do you know if it can withstand amateur use (let's say 8 continuous hours per week) without maintenance issues?
If yes, how would you position it on the table, having in mind a permanent, but still playing dealer?

I'm always happy to answer questions in any thread.

No, I haven't been installing them. I have 1 unit for myself, which I barely ever use. I'll occasionally use it when it gets to 2-3 handed and shuffling is non-stop. Even then, I prefer to shuffle by hand since I shuffle faster than the auto shuffler.

The few times I tried using it from the start of the game, I stopped using it about an hour into the game due to jamming and the noise.

I usually persuade customers not to get one. The biggest reason is maintenance. When they work great, they're fantastic. If it ever needs repair or maintenance, good luck... I can't imagine anyone who would be happy with a hole in the table for an unknown amount of time. I've heard some people say they love it and wouldn't want to be without one, and many people who hate the things. It's a hit and miss, your miles may vary, luck of the draw, etc..

Yeah, it's a no-brainer for blackjack, with more than one deck in play. I was just wondering about poker.
There's also an electric integrated shuffler/shoe card dispenser from Piatnik (apparently sub-contracted by Piatnik to some Chinese firm), but it can only shuffle the deck that it's going to "deal" anyway, so you can't be shuffling the next deal's deck while dealing the current one.

I don't like those cheaper models. They don't do a good job of shuffle and they scratch plastic cards. Probably OK to use for paper cards though.

I think even getting sign off from the clients to do time lapse videos of your professional builds would be awesome to watch. I really enjoy watching the majority of woodshop channels on youtube, and just watching the equipment they use, the woods they use, the tips and tricks they use, etc is fun for me.

Same goes for peripherals, so if you ever do drink carts, chip trays, etc.

If you haven't already done this and you want to do it when you get to my order I would be all for it.

I am definitely okay with a time-lapse video of my build!

I'll try to record as much as I can. Trying to record work is a tricky balance while trying to still be efficient building tables.

A videographer hired for some promo videos as well as to help me out with starting to shoot videos in a somewhat decent quality.

I know I'm late to the party here but maybe a video on cleaning and care of a table or more specifically your custom felts (dry cleaning for dust/debris and wet cleaning for stains or spills)? I know I'd be particularly interested in that lol. Or if you just have some tips I'd be all ears.

Thanks, I'll certainly add that to the list of videos. The process has been a slow go though, we're so crazy busy with orders that taking videos has been put off since it slows down the building process. I've also decided to adjust my working hours due to my recent dog's health issues. But, I am still planning to shoot these videos, I think there could be some value in them.

Stumbled over this second hand table. Never seen something that used this technique and since Tony is always open for unusual things thought I share. Basically this builder used under cloth led as bet line, but could imagine that this may open the wider use such as logo etc...
PS: like your channel. Hope your dog recovers soon.
E231D6F8-54FC-4DC9-BA4F-1B6A57B6F7FA.jpeg
E231D6F8-54FC-4DC9-BA4F-1B6A57B6F7FA.jpeg

Stumbled over this second hand table. Never seen something that used this technique and since Tony is always open for unusual things thought I share. Basically this builder used under cloth led as bet line, but could imagine that this may open the wider use such as logo etc...
PS: like your channel. Hope your dog recovers soon.
View attachment 520390View attachment 520390

An LED betting line?? :jawdrop:

I think that apart from construction video coolest would be testimonials from happy clients. They could brag about cool man cave they have and you could show your work.

I'm getting notifications of new subscribers despite my lack of new content. I'll try to get some crude content uploaded in the coming weeks. I'll likely start slow with cell phone videos and half ass editing, but I hope it'll be informative.

I'm getting notifications of new subscribers despite my lack of new content. I'll try to get some crude content uploaded in the coming weeks. I'll likely start slow with cell phone videos and half ass editing, but I hope it'll be informative.
Good for you at least you do not getting paid with exposure...

Thread revival = new content! :tup:

First video's done which is a review of our *new* gaming suede. As of last week, we are switching to a new gaming suede. The difference in the material is quite negligible, the biggest difference is that the new fabric is a bit fuzzier and not as silky feeling as the old stuff, which in my opinion is an improvement.

More videos to come, I'm sure they'll get better as I go. I already have another video I'm in the process of editing which is how to replace a cloth, as well as how to install a custom felt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom