Ceramic chips that very in size like the lodge (1 Viewer)

bigD

Sitting Out
Reaction score
What do you guys think about the beautiful lodge chips. Been looking to recreate something like this for cash or tournament set. I love that some of the bigger chips are, well, bigger!

I like the idea of larger chips, the only issue is which denoms do you go that direction with for a home game? If you're doing 1/2 that plays big, you do $100 and up? I just wouldn't know where to go with it, we play mostly microstakes and the bigger denoms now might be considered the workhorse in the future if our stakes go up.

Personally, my next set will be the larger 43mm for all of them, I just like the feel. What I've thought about doing is if we ever need 5c chips available (I'm encouraging my group to do more mixed games, these would be useful for stud game antes), I'd make those 39mm. Sort of the reverse, have a smaller chip among all larger.

Very interesting bmac! I love the idea of using a smaller chip like that…

However what I was thinking was more of like a 39mm one and five, with a big ten and twenty, or even just a big twenty..

We play a lot of 50c/1 with buys anywhere from 40-100… with rebuys we sometimes have over 1.5k on the table. We rarely ever get into the hundreds so I’m looking for some kind of a chip that’s attainable to have a lot of and look cool cause it’s big!

I'm planning a all-solids set with T1 50mm chips, T5 47mm chips, T25 43mm chips, T100 39mm chips, and T500 36mm chips. Colors will be red, white, blue, yellow, and black.

Gonna invite all of my OCD chipper friends over for a tournament and watch chaos ensue.

I'm planning a all-solids set with T1 50mm chips, T5 47mm chips, T25 43mm chips, T100 39mm chips, and T500 36mm chips. Colors will be red, white, blue, yellow, and black.

Gonna invite all of my OCD chipper friends over for a tournament and watch chaos ensue.
Holy shit I wish you could dislike a comment on here. This is making me want to curl up in a ball and cry…

my custom set i went for everything 43mm, nobody noticed, or at least no one has said anything about it in 2 years.

If you are only doing 3 or 4 chips. (.25 and or .50) 1s 5s and 20s

i would do them all 43
or
do the quarter and half dollar 39 and all of the bills as 43

Very interesting bmac! I love the idea of using a smaller chip like that…

However what I was thinking was more of like a 39mm one and five, with a big ten and twenty, or even just a big twenty..

We play a lot of 50c/1 with buys anywhere from 40-100… with rebuys we sometimes have over 1.5k on the table. We rarely ever get into the hundreds so I’m looking for some kind of a chip that’s attainable to have a lot of and look cool cause it’s big!

10 and 20? Go for only 20 or 25.

I too enjoy sets that have bigger high denom chips. For the stakes I play at, that meant 43mm $20s and $100s for me. I know for others, that’s a little silly, but I like showing some respect for a 400 BB chip!

IMG_3294.jpeg

my custom set i went for everything 43mm, nobody noticed, or at least no one has said anything about it in 2 years.

If you are only doing 3 or 4 chips. (.25 and or .50) 1s 5s and 20s

i would do them all 43
or
do the quarter and half dollar 39 and all of the bills as 43
That makes a ton of sense to me, just have your fracs at 39mm and go all 43mm otherwise.

The thought had crossed my mind, but I'm getting the Royals from Apache and I don't love the .25 in the Majestics (closest look and feel to the Royals). Maybe someday I'll customize and do it that way, because I love the idea.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom