For Sale Cavalry Club/The Armory Small Crown Vegas Tribute Sample Sets (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say you've already gotten that, by using the unholy godawful abomination of "bee tee dubs" :vomit:

;)
Meh. You're welcome.

Some of my English students would use the number 2 in their assignments instead of any written version of the word - let alone the appropriate one for the situation - and it would make me cringe every time.

Meh. You're welcome.

Some of my English students would use the number 2 in their assignments instead of any written version of the word - let alone the appropriate one for the situation - and it would make me cringe every time.

I'm not sure if that's better or worse than getting the wrong one?

Compare
that's 2 much for 2 people 2 eat
with
that's two much for to people too eat

I'd argue the first one is clearer in meaning. Cringeworthy, yes, but less likely to be misunderstood?

I'd argue the first one is clearer in meaning
Nobody ever said proper English in its "King's English" form was clear. It's a stupid language and I hated learning it. I just figured if I'm going to be forced to spend more than a decade to learn it, may as well swing it with authority.

Edit: Check that - proper English is actually fairly clear as long as long as we don't go into legalese and such. The language is still stupid, though. Between "ough" having at least six different pronounciations, three different spellings of the word 2, etc, it's just an unwieldly beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom