Cash game structures (1 Viewer)

Kidsthesedays

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
What structure do you run for your home game? I play in a 25/50¢ game but I'm thinking for my own I'd do 25/50/$1 Mando straddle just trying to mix it up a bit.

High roller here.

5/10 or 10/20 cent blinds with $10 or $20 buy ins when things get really crazy and nutty with a $50 nightly cap on re-buys.

Mostly .25/.50 cash game with occasional tourney. Crew likes the ability to chill and just play cards late into the night, but every once in a while likes the tourney structure where an ending is in sight. Can always opt for a cash game after tourney if they want to keep playing.

We play a .25/.50 game with a low buy in of $20. It's short stacked but it's still fun.

You can mix it up by adding other games to the mix. Simpler to increase the blinds to a $1/$1 instead of imposing a mandatory straddle.

You can have the button post the blind for the table if you want to spice things up.

You're all such low-rollers! :LOL: :laugh:

We play 1/2 and 2/4 nl cuz we like gambling with lotz of moneyz :cool

Oh, did I mention it's Swedish kronor? :bag:

If the players are nitty and tight I do not think that straddle it's the way to go.
As you say, you play .25/.50 game with a $20 buy in... maybe the problem is there, your players start with 40BB, there is also the "chip psychology" theory that pretends that if players have more chips in front of them (low denomination) there will be more action.
Do a test and organize a "special night" (just for a test) and keep the .25/.50 but increase the buy in to $50 and check out if there are a change.

10c/25c with buyins of $25. Unlimited rebuys....lots of action!

my players consistently want to buy in incredibly short-stacked, like as low as 20 (!) big blinds, regardless of stakes. I am having trouble convincing them that this crippled the game.

Any advice on how to convince them, other than insisting on trying a reasonable buy in as an experiment? by default they want to buy in for $40 for 1/2...

The only way to convince them, is to have them try, at least one night with 100 BB.
Use a special date to organize an special event (a birthday, thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.) either raise the buy in to 100 BB and keep rebuys as from $40
or
keep the buy in at $40 and lower the blinds to 10¢/20¢

Hmmm... “special event”. That’s a solid idea. Maybe I’ll try to put one together for $100, 0.50/1.00.

Complaints that “the stakes are too low” should be very much offset by the fact that they have $100 in chips in front of them...

Thanks!

If the players are nitty and tight I do not think that straddle it's the way to go.
As you say, you play .25/.50 game with a $20 buy in... maybe the problem is there, your players start with 40BB, there is also the "chip psychology" theory that pretends that if players have more chips in front of them (low denomination) there will be more action.
Do a test and organize a "special night" (just for a test) and keep the .25/.50 but increase the buy in to $50 and check out if there are a change.
We're playing $50 buy in

0.05/.010 always 100BB deep. Some nights we got 5-10 rebuys some only 1 or 2. Depends on a few people in my group how the game is played.

.25/.25 NL/PLO. $20-60 unlimited rebuy
.25/.50 NL/PLO. $20-100 unlimited rebuy
.50/1 Limit mixed games $10 minimum
1/2 Limit mixed games $20 minimum
$20-60 Tournament

I can support up to 4/8 limit and 1/2 NL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom