Cash game chip breakdown (1 Viewer)

Freeroll

Two Pair
Reaction score
I found lots of threads about the minimum, or variants geared towards the minimum end of the spectrum, of a cash game breakdown. I am looking to get opinions on the high end, for one table of ten players (let’s say for $1/$2), what the ideal breakdown is. Basically, what do you think is the perfect amount of chips on the table that isn’t too many chips?

My players like to splash chips. We start with 10 whites and 38 reds. Rebuys are with 40 reds. Don't touch the greens until we run out of reds.

edit: its 10 whites, 38 reds ea. I usually have 8 players, and my set for 1/2 is literally just 100 whites $1 (blue in my case, but most use white), 600 reds $5, and 100 green $25

I found lots of threads about the minimum, or variants geared towards the minimum end of the spectrum, of a cash game breakdown. I am looking to get opinions on the high end, for one table of ten players (let’s say for $1/$2), what the ideal breakdown is. Basically, what do you think is the perfect amount of chips on the table that isn’t too many chips?
I think there are plenty of people here who can answer this question really well. However I think that perhaps you can provide slightly more information on your game. For example is there normally a straddle? What's the normal type of raise that you see preflop? Is it a no limit game?

I think there are plenty of people here who can answer this question really well. However I think that perhaps you can provide slightly more information on your game. For example is there normally a straddle? What's the normal type of raise that you see preflop? Is it a no limit game?
Also what do people normally initially buy in for and how much will be on the table by the end of the night?

If it's a typical $1/$2 game.

100-150 - small blind chips ($1) in this case. 200 if it's a raked/tip the dealer game.

At least 400 x $5 - That's an average of 40 red chips per person once they're all on the table.

200-300 x $25

100x $100.

I think that's ideal.

There is a straddle about 25-50% of the time. The normal pre flop raise is $3-$4 without a straddle and $10-$15 with the straddle. It is no limit hold’em.

The ideal breakdown: 100/200/400/200/100. 100 fracs let you play smaller stakes, but plenty of bank for big games.

for one table of ten players (let’s say for $1/$2),

Is this a limit game? If it is, go with 10 racks of $1 chips and a rack of $20's. Or if you want some mad piles of chips, 20 racks of $1's and two racks of $20's :tup:

I think this should work if it’s enough bank. Without knowing how big the game could get its tough. But you can fill in w more $25’s or $100’s if it gets bigger.
200 - $1’s
400 - $5’s
150 - $25’s
50 - $100’s

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom