Caring for my soon to be reactivated mint Paulson Pharaohs (1 Viewer)

brews

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a set of mint Paulson Pharaohs that bought ages ago, used them a dozen times, and then lost my poker space and haven't used them since. I have my poker space back now and will start up a game, but should I oil my chips? They were well stored and they still look great. At the time I recall reading that I did not need to initially treat the chips, but I'm completely out of the loop now and not sure if this is true anymore (or was ever true).

thanks,
brews

The only real reason to oil any chip is to bring back the true beauty of the colors. Brand new chips will/may have factory dust still on them from the manufacturing process and will/may need to be oiled to remove the dust and sharpen the colors. And some colors fade a little in the cleaning process if using a detergent so oil will bring back the true color of the chip. But if your chips look great, I say don't touch them.

Also, you could simply oil one chip, let it dry and put it next to an untreated chip and see if it is worth it to you. So to answer your question...No your chips do not need to be oiled.

Only oil them if you feel like. They don't NEED it, per se. It's mostly aesthetics, unless they're new. (In which case the oil helps get rid of the manufacturing dust.)

Great, thanks for the replies. I probably leave them be, but I may oil one or two just to see if their's much of a difference.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom