Greetings! Happy to be here :) (1 Viewer)

Franzister

Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
Hey poker chip enthusiasts, I'm Chris. This poker chip bug is starting to infect me. I learned about this site from watching Hobbyphillic and Chris Manzoni vids on youtube. I've always liked poker chips but recently had the urge to get a snice set for myself and I had no idea how deep a rabbit hole this would lead me to.

Watching a livestream vid from The Lodge, I noticed they use a BIG yellow chip and that got me curious. Next thing I know, I'm watching Manzoni's vids and buying samples from Apache and Classic... ahem, sorry- CPC. I even bought samples from Slowplay and am trying to learn the jargon (compression vs. injection, ceramic vs. china clay, composite vs true clay?)

With many hours of research, the only things I'm sure of are; nice Paulson chips are EXPENSIVE (and of course I want them), and the acronyms in this space are OOC haha!

I was contented to just browse around here and read forum posts until I realized there are a lot of cool people here. I hope to get to know some of you :)

Welcome Chris !
And…
48AAE290-B134-46AD-9A99-B40FC7CE84D3.gif

Thank you everyone for welcoming me

Thank you everyone for welcoming me. I had no idea my quest for a set of poker chips would turn into a quasi obsession. Why can't I just be happy with a Majestic set from APC? Lol

Now I feel like I want a custom cash set from CPC and a custom ceramic tourney set... Ugh, custom chip thing at CPC is overwhelming

Welcome! I feel the same way. I joined a year ago planning to get some China Clays and then leave the forum. Now I've got 3 Paulson set and another cash set kicking around while planning a CPC set. It's been a great hobby though! Lots of amazing people on here!

Welcome! I feel the same way. I joined a year ago planning to get some China Clays and then leave the forum. Now I've got 3 Paulson set and another cash set kicking around while planning a CPC set. It's been a great hobby though! Lots of amazing people on here!
I see a similar path for me ahead :D... still trying to figure out navigating this forum!

It feels prudent to start with a group purchase of ceramics... I really like the Big Tops

Welcome to PCF Chris,

The Chipping Addiction is very real and take your time to get sample to see what you like or willing to pay

I came to PCF 2 years+ ago to look for only 2 set and quickly realised I had totally underestimated my chipping addiction

Welcome to PCF Chris,

The Chipping Addiction is very real and take your time to get sample to see what you like or willing to pay

I came to PCF 2 years+ ago to look for only 2 set and quickly realised I had totally underestimated my chipping addiction
Haha unfortunately this is the perfect medium for my addictive personality

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom