Can anyone tell me what these chips are if anything (1 Viewer)

si3v3

Pair
Reaction score
I have a friend womdering if their chips are worth anything - they dont know much about them. The mold looks like some of the very low end plastic chips i have seen but the discoloration makes me think maybe they could be clay - i know paulson (i think) has a diamond mold. Any help would be appreciated if people can figure this out just based on pictures. These photos just make me think these chips might be actual real clay chips. Thanks
DDB17A8A-94CC-4179-BF41-E638515E4DB4.jpeg
CEC497D3-CFD1-4CBC-A4BD-635E8AD7A1C5.jpeg

Plastic super diamonds
I would agree but I noticed the (i call it waffle stamping on the chip and i think they are older). Also do plastic chips get that kind of dusty look? Im happy to tell them they are juat cheap plastic but it seems weird that the colors are off. Usually plastic chips are shiny and consistent or at least relatively so.

I would agree but I noticed the (i call it waffle stamping on the chip and i think they are older). Also do plastic chips get that kind of dusty look? Im happy to tell them they are juat cheap plastic but it seems weird that the colors are off. Usually plastic chips are shiny and consistent or at least relatively so.
Doesn't hurt to ask for a couple more pictures of faces. Old chip lots does sometimes have a mix of different chips in there.

Doesn't hurt to ask for a couple more pictures of faces. Old chip lots does sometimes have a mix of different chips in there.
Ok thanks - i pretty much agree with the analysis to begin with but i thought the “dusty” look and inconsistency between chips might make them an older clay mold of some sort. Sorry i dont have more info to show but if i can get more or a weight i will. Thanks for the feedback

There have been different versions of the diamond mold chips over the decades. Unfortunately these aren't the better ones, because they have the injection mold pip inside the inner ring and the inner and outer rings are different widths. No hidden treasure here, I'm afraid.

Thank you - again thats what i thought but the discoloration and the kind of dusty look made me think i should ask anyway

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom