• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Buyer beware: Paulson Vineyards (2 Viewers)

This is a repeated offensive racist stereotyped assumption of a group of people you dont know at all. I dont even know why you're flying off the deep end, unless of course you were the guy selling on facebook? From my understanding the OP is not "crying" about anything, more so just letting people know that he had a bad or 'shady' transaction occur. You see, most of us here have repeated transactions and have set a basic trust between each other. Its pretty obvious everyone in the world isnt trustworthy, but that's what PayPal goods and services are for. Still, the transaction is less than desirable for many of us here. I would assume 99% of folks here will simply make note of the seller and either choose to avoid said person or proceed with extra precautions. All of this excessive nonsense you seem to be typing is just in poor taste, and carrying on an arguement that isnt really proving any point. But I am sure there are several people here offended by some of your comments, and that's rather inconsiderate. You may call it 'sheltered' most of us are just more polite, open minded, and courteous, even to people who retract on sales. Everyone tends to get a first offense or opportunity to fix the mistake. Sounds like the OP got a refund, is disappointed, and merely just extending a word of caution to the people he knows to be his friends and or community. I give him every reason to be upset, and he didnt post anything in poor taste or to bash the guy, so I'm a but lost as to what message you are trying to convey here? Unless you're answer is that I'm a woman and wouldnt understand for some sexist reason?
Get off Brie's account Ben.

Again, you guys sound like sheltered middle aged, middle class white people. The whole world doesn't work that way. Somehow this guy doesn't take basic precautions when dealing with random people on the internet and I'm the asshole for pointing it out?
I was just asking an honest question. Are you also lumping me in with other people with these generalizations? Sounds like what a sheltered middle aged, middle class white person would do.

Yes,
You do know that facebook, PayPal, and your credit card have purchase protection right? Cause it seems like you don't. Check it out, might help prevent some of your rants.
This is a repeated offensive racist stereotyped assumption of a group of people you dont know at all. I dont even know why you're flying off the deep end, unless of course you were the guy selling on facebook? From my understanding the OP is not "crying" about anything, more so just letting people know that he had a bad or 'shady' transaction occur. You see, most of us here have repeated transactions and have set a basic trust between each other. Its pretty obvious everyone in the world isnt trustworthy, but that's what PayPal goods and services are for. Still, the transaction is less than desirable for many of us here. I would assume 99% of folks here will simply make note of the seller and either choose to avoid said person or proceed with extra precautions. All of this excessive nonsense you seem to be typing is just in poor taste, and carrying on an arguement that isnt really proving any point. But I am sure there are several people here offended by some of your comments, and that's rather inconsiderate. You may call it 'sheltered' most of us are just more polite, open minded, and courteous, even to people who retract on sales. Everyone tends to get a first offense or opportunity to fix the mistake. Sounds like the OP got a refund, is disappointed, and merely just extending a word of caution to the people he knows to be his friends and or community. I give him every reason to be upset, and he didnt post anything in poor taste or to bash the guy, so I'm a but lost as to what message you are trying to convey here? Unless you're answer is that I'm a woman and wouldnt understand for some sexist reason?

Thanks for the wall of text Karen. I'll be sure to let all my middle class white family know how racist and bigoted I am against white people and their habits, which I know nothing about.

Tl:dr

Dude is upset because he found a sweet deal, the seller got drowned in offers and backed out, buyer is pissed due to lost opportunity cost of what he offered vs what it was worth.

Somehow getting the deal of a lifetime from a clueless seller is perfectly ok, but the seller backing out in his own best financial interests is scummy. This whole thread is one big circle jerk. Everyone is the asshole here, including me. We are all dumber for having been involved. Nobody wins, the chips are gone, move on.

PS - whoever buys these won't tell anyone due to not wanting to be "that guy". Ima laugh if they get scammed and post a thread about it in a couple weeks.

What is wrong with people?

Or as @Josh Kifer would say:

WHAT. IN. TARNATION.
What in tarnation!
20200824_122930.jpg

Yes,

Thanks for the wall of text Karen. I'll be sure to let all my middle class white family know how racist and bigoted I am against white people and their habits, which I know nothing about.

Tl:dr

Dude is upset because he found a sweet deal, the seller got drowned in offers and backed out, buyer is pissed due to lost opportunity cost of what he offered vs what it was worth.

Somehow getting the deal of a lifetime from a clueless seller is perfectly ok, but the seller backing out in his own best financial interests is scummy. This whole thread is one big circle jerk. Everyone is the asshole here, including me. We are all dumber for having been involved. Nobody wins, the chips are gone, move on.

PS - whoever buys these won't tell anyone due to not wanting to be "that guy". Ima laugh if they get scammed and post a thread about it in a couple weeks.
I'd stick to trolling people on Facebook political posts to get your daily dose of human interaction. Goodbye troll :)

I'm only at 14. I thought I had more people blocked than that. I guess I'll have to get to work on that.
The amount of disappointment right now in my heart is vast.... Ignore everyone immediately and post 20 sunset pictures as your punishment...

Yikes, the seller probably dodged a bullet here.
No kidding. Unbalanced and hostile.
Thanks to whoever posted the link.
I'm only at 14. I thought I had more people blocked than that. I guess I'll have to get to work on that.
Yeah, I was sitting happy at just one. Now two. Some people just aren't worth the trouble.

The key word here is SHOULD. People SHOULD be safe on public and not have to carry guns. People SHOULD care more about the environment and not litter.

Plenty of people make casual verbal/written contracts and back out, plenty of people scam and steal. And guess what? Most people who get scammed or get contracts broken are dealing with randoms/outsiders. It's a risk of doing business. Nothing in the OPs experience is unexpected or unreasonable if you have used internet marketplaces before.

Quite literally everything that happened played out as expected.

Example: I had a financially irresponsible acquaintance who owned by far the nicest pool table I’d ever played on.

It was already a fine, expensive table when it was built a century ago. Now it had become a valuable antique. Impeccably maintained. Just perfect. If a ball didn’t go where you wanted it to go on that table, that was on you, because it was flawless.

To make a long story short... At one point the acquaintance offered this stunning table to me at a below-market price. However, it was still more than I was ready to pay cash for at that moment. Not wanting to offend him, I didn’t make a counteroffer. I did say, however, that I was very interested. He should be able to get his asking price, but if it didn't sell fast at that level, please put me at the top of his list to make a deal.

I inquired again about the table a while later, and was stunned to find out that he had impulsively made a deal too sell it for about 1/5th of the price he had offered me, and an even smaller fraction of its actual value.

The table was still on the third floor of his house, waiting to be moved (at a cost which must have exceeded the rock-bottom price). When I asked why he hadn’t called, he said, “Oh, I needed the cash and didn’t think you were really that interested.” (Note: Same guy recklessly sold a beautiful vintage car far below market price, when he knew a friend was salivating to buy it, and surely would have paid the same or more. Like I said... Financially irresponsible.)

OK, fine, whatever. I missed out. My missed opportunity.

Now, what if I had said: “Listen, your buyer hasn’t moved the table yet... How about canceling the sale and I’ll give you $1,000 more for it.” That still would have been a fabulous deal for me. And the seller probably could have used the extra cash. But it would have been a really squirrelly thing for both me and the seller to do.

I let it go. Live and learn. Next time, I’ll make a counteroffer on the spot. But I wouldn’t try to go around a made deal even when it was advantageous to both buyer and seller.

Example: I had a financially irresponsible acquaintance who owned by far the nicest pool table I’d ever played on.

It was already a fine, expensive table when it was built a century ago. Now it had become a valuable antique. Impeccably maintained. Just perfect. If a ball didn’t go where you wanted it to go on that table, that was on you, because it was flawless.

To make a long story short... At one point the acquaintance offered this stunning table to me at a below-market price. However, it was still more than I was ready to pay cash for at that moment. Not wanting to offend him, I didn’t make a counteroffer. I did say, however, that I was very interested. He should be able to get his asking price, but if it didn't sell fast at that level, please put me at the top of his list to make a deal.

I inquired again about the table a while later, and was stunned to find out that he had impulsively made a deal too sell it for about 1/5th of the price he had offered me, and an even smaller fraction of its actual value.

The table was still on the third floor of his house, waiting to be moved (at a cost which must have exceeded the rock-bottom price). When I asked why he hadn’t called, he said, “Oh, I needed the cash and didn’t think you were really that interested.” (Note: Same guy recklessly sold a beautiful vintage car far below market price, when he knew a friend was salivating to buy it, and surely would have paid the same or more. Like I said... Financially irresponsible.)

OK, fine, whatever. I missed out. My missed opportunity.

Now, what if I had said: “Listen, your buyer hasn’t moved the table yet... How about canceling the sale and I’ll give you $1,000 more for it.” That still would have been a fabulous deal for me. And the seller probably could have used the extra cash. But it would have been a really squirrelly thing for both me and the seller to do.

I let it go. Live and learn. Next time, I’ll make a counteroffer on the spot. But I wouldn’t try to go around a made deal even when it was advantageous to both buyer and seller.
Great story, but I have just one question for you:

Are you a sheltered middle class white nerd?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom