• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Buyer beware: Paulson Vineyards (1 Viewer)

dmoney

Full House
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/795236174619770

We agreed on a price above his asking price and we worked out all the shipping details (USPS large flat rate box with racks and he has my address). He accepted my money and marked the chips as sold. At some point after he took my money and marked them as sold, the chips were marked as "available." The following morning - the morning he agreed to ship them to me - he said he was getting offers for more.

Against my better judgement, I agreed to match the offer he received. He then refunded my money, without actually refusing my offer, and told me I "can bid on them when they post on eBay."

118912332_10158544477154356_2950630730099104024_o.jpg

Last edited:
That's like $2,000 worth of chips there, right? And you're pissed that he didn't sell them to you for $30?

Disappointed that we agreed on a price above asking, he accepted money from me, considered them sold, wanted more, let me match the offer, but then refused? Yes.

Pissed? No. Life goes on. I think this transaction says more about him than me.

EDIT: I sincerely mean this post as a "buyer beware." If you buy these awesome chips, you should know the seller has not treated a buyer well in another deal. In the spirit of "fool me once/fool me twice"

I mean...do you really expect someone who doesn't know what they're worth to not look it up and change their mind once they find out the value? Would you be mad if someone posted an oz gold bar for 1978 prices ($210) then backed out over Facebook marketplace when he realized it was worth 2 grand and threw it up on eBay?

I mean, everything he did is what any normal person would do. Nobody shorts themselves thousands of dollars because they made a deal with some random person over facebook marketplace.

Sucks though, that was a good find. Too bad you weren't local, could have just gone and picked them up before anyone else swooped in. Shitty deal but it's not like you lost out, they were never yours.

I'm always looking for more $5s, if someone want to partner if they go up on eBay or another marketplace.

Sucks though, that was a good find. Too bad you weren't local, could have just gone and picked them up before anyone else swooped in. Shitty deal but it's not like you lost out, they were never yours.

Another one for my blacklist...he accepted his payment for crying out loud

Ps...you can join too

Last edited:
Disappointed that we agreed on a price above asking, he accepted money from me, considered them sold, wanted more, let me match the offer, but then refused? Yes.

Pissed? No. Life goes on. I think this transaction says more about him than me.

EDIT: I sincerely mean this post as a "buyer beware." If you buy these awesome chips, you should know the seller has not treated a buyer well in another deal. In the spirit of "fool me once/fool me twice"
I mean, you could maybe bring legal action against him in small claims court. I bet a conversation/transaction history etc could be judged as binding. But it probably wouldn't be worth it.

I mean...do you really expect someone who doesn't know what they're worth to not look it up and change their mind once they find out the value? Would you be mad if someone posted an oz gold bar for 1978 prices ($210) then backed out over Facebook marketplace when he realized it was worth 2 grand and threw it up on eBay?

I mean, everything he did is what any normal person would do. Nobody shorts themselves thousands of dollars because they made a deal with some random person over facebook marketplace.
Once the deal is made and money is received, it's binding. After that, all you have is your good word - which doesn't seem to mean much to this seller...

So you’re just letting everyone know that if they sell you something and after receiving your money, they can back out if they find they could get $5 more for it and that’ll be cool with you?

So you’re just letting everyone know that if they sell you something and after receiving your money, they can back out if they find they could get $5 more for it and that’ll be cool with you?
New KMCo policy.... If I think the milling is worth more after it's done, WE EXPAND PRICING...

It's facebook marketplace, which is one step up from craigslist. You really shouldn't expect anything unless you get there first cash in hand, that's just the way people operate. Hell, I normally follow the rule of meeting in a public place and inspecting the goods before I pay for shit and you are EMAIL MONEY TRANSFERRING PEOPLE OFF FACEBOOK?

Damn I know chippers love lighting money on fire, but that's kind of retarded. Also, I'm pretty sure he could get at least $1000 more than what he was offered for the chips, hence why he bailed on everyone and is firing them up on eBay.

I know it sucks, but they were never his to lose.

He took the money, unreal.

WHY ARE YOU GUYS BUYING CLAY DISKS FOR SO MUCH. IDIOTS! BUNCH OF IDIOTS!!!

I believe the term you are searching for is "scrub donkey."

Once the deal is made and money is received, it's binding. After that, all you have is your good word - which doesn't seem to mean much to this seller...
Sure, but good luck following through on that. I mean, are they even in the same state? It's literally not worth getting worked up over, he would literally be doing the same thing in the guys shoes.

It's facebook marketplace, which is one step up from craigslist. You really shouldn't expect anything unless you get there first cash in hand, that's just the way people operate.

This is almost a credible argument if the seller didn't take the money. Taking the money is an obligation to deliver. You shouldn't be able to back out just because you didn't do your reasearch up front.

But as said elsewhere, probably not worth the legal fight. But certainly worth "buyer beware" warnings for sure.

Sure, but good luck following through on that. I mean, are they even in the same state? It's literally not worth getting worked up over, he would literally be doing the same thing in the guys shoes.

Really, you are aware this comment is impuning the reputation of the original poster with no basis in fact, just reckless speculation. Put your keyboard down and walk away.

he would literally be doing the same thing in the guys shoes.

No, I absolutely would not. I might try to have a reasonable conversation with the buyer if I was ill-informed when I made the deal, but once I agreed to sell at a certain price, the deal is done and I need to deliver in a timely fashion. The harder right vs. the easy wrong.

This is almost a credible argument if the seller didn't take the money. Taking the money is an obligation to deliver. You shouldn't be able to back out just because you didn't do your reasearch up front.

But as said elsewhere, probably not worth the legal fight. But certainly worth "buyer beware" warnings for sure.

Buyer beware, some random retard on facebook marketplace? No one is every going to hear about this guy again, the chips are gone. Contract law is only as good as the ability and willingness to enforce it.

Again, you meet with people in a public place to do meetups on fb market, craigslist, kijiji etc but you expect integrity from some rando you etransfer money to. It's not just about "the law" it's common sense. Obviously if the money is worth that much to the guy he is some poor white trash and he cares about the money more than some rando suing him over poker chips. Can't get money out of someone who owns nothing and rents his house!

It's facebook marketplace, which is one step up from craigslist. You really shouldn't expect anything unless you get there first cash in hand, that's just the way people operate. Hell, I normally follow the rule of meeting in a public place and inspecting the goods before I pay for shit and you are EMAIL MONEY TRANSFERRING PEOPLE OFF FACEBOOK?

Damn I know chippers love lighting money on fire, but that's kind of retarded. Also, I'm pretty sure he could get at least $1000 more than what he was offered for the chips, hence why he bailed on everyone and is firing them up on eBay.

I know it sucks, but they were never his to lose.
Lets put it this way - looking at the crackhouse the photos were taken in, be glad you got your money back.
Wow :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Another one for my blacklist...he accepted his payment for crying out loud

Ps...you can join too
+1 first person going on my DNS list that I actually haven't done a transaction with personally

No, I absolutely would not. I might try to have a reasonable conversation with the buyer if I was ill-informed when I made the deal, but once I agreed to sell at a certain price, the deal is done and I need to deliver in a timely fashion. The harder right vs. the easy wrong.

Again, common sense - expecting integrity off some rando off fb market when thousands of dollars are on the line and there are obviously hundreds if not thousands of miles of distance between them. Use your head.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom