Burt Co. made a 46 mm chip (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
The standard size of CPC chips is 39 mm, and the larger A and Scroll molds are 43 44 mm. I thought some would find it interesting that the Burt Co. (the predecessor to ASM and CPC) used to make chips as large as 46 mm.

Below, a Burt Co. order card from the 1970s. The chip mold was a house mold for the Genting (Resorts World) company. Below the card is a Genting $5 chip which is on the 42 mm mold, and a Burt sample chip on the Genting mold, but I'm not sure what size it is. The mold was probably returned to Genting at some point. I wonder how interested chippers would be in oversize chips on that mold if CPC ever got their hands on it again.
1603488101821.png

Genting $5.jpg
Genting.jpg

Last edited:
I thought I had seen a post of yours with a picture of that Burt manufacturing sample chip. When I came across that Burt order card, I went through your old posts looking for it, but could not find it. That is a pretty rare chip, as the only ones I have seen is yours and the one in the ChipGuide (from which I got the image I posted).

Here it the chip. just under 44mm. Ooh would love to get a 46mm one. Wonder if they made a46mm sample?

50534913356_66ddea771d.jpg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom