Building First Custom Leaded Set, Seeking Advice/Opinions/Constructive Feedback (1 Viewer)

Gorbash

Full House
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
Relatively new to PCF here, I joined to find Secondary HSI's that I was missing, and after that unnecessarily got completely out of control (it's amazing how many HSI Fracs one can justify purchasing even though their game doesn't use Fracs), I stumbled upon and got hooked on leaded chips, which led me down the path of thinking it was a great idea to create a couple of Pacific Northwest themed leaded chip sets. I wasn't able to decide between leaded RHC chips and leaded THC chips, so I decided to make a smallish set of each (600-700 chips/per set). These two sets will be permanent keeper sets and will be played with at least semi-frequently. My intention is to use the same inlay design for both sets (some PCF members were helpful and put me in contact with a member who is willing to help me with the design), so now I just need to put together a couple of lineups. First, I found a few racks of leaded THC chips that I like and could be included in the THC set, but then I came across an existing 500 chip set of leaded RHC chips, which included blue and green chips that I think are perfect for a PNW themed set (where my 12's at?). I subsequently discovered that the original set included a blaze orange chip, and so far, I've been able to acquire 4 barrels of the blaze orange chips (I currently am looking for one more barrel). For this set I am open to various denominations, but my required denominations are $1, $5, and $25, with the $5 being the workhorse chip. The chips I acquired only include 1 rack of every chip (white, blue, green, purple, and orange), except for the blue chip, for which there are 2 racks, so the blue chips need to be my $5 chip. Ideally, I would have 3 racks of $5 chips, but I don't think I am going to be able to shake loose another rack of blue chips, so I am good with having both a $5 chip and a $10 chip to compensate. And actually, I think it will be kind of fun to have a $10 chip in the set as a second workhorse chip (who doesn't enjoy multi-colored pots). So based on the foregoing, I am looking for suggestions with respect to which chip may best correspond to which denomination given that the blue chips must correspond to the $5 chip. From an aesthetically pleasing/which chips I would want to get the most play standpoint, I would like to use the blue as the $5, the green as the $10, and the orange as the $25, but that leaves either the white or the purple as the $100 chip. I don't particularly like either of those options for the $100 chip. I like the color of the purple for the $100 chip, but I don't like the edge spot progression of the purple as the $100 chip. I dislike the white as the $100 chip from both a color and edge spot progression standpoint. As far as I can tell my options are use the white as $1 and the purple as $100; or use the purple as a Frac (I kind of like the color/edge spot simplicity of the purple as a Frac), the white as $1, and find a couple of barrels of another chip to use as $100. So, I am looking for thoughts/advice/constructive criticism. And I understand that when it comes to something like this at the end of the day it's "dowhatchalike", but I'd still like to receive thoughts/advice/constructive criticism to take into consideration to assist in determining what I'd like to do in this instance. Below are the chips in question:

1639696819037.png

1639696929369.png

1639696989422.png

1639697049759.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom