Building 2 NEW Tables - Argyle Poker Night Thread

Lancew09

Pair
Reaction score
Setting up for tomorrow's $80 buy-in T10000 starting stack tourney - we've got 26 seats on the list, like always - 1-2 will drop out, however it should be a fun night debuting the tables, even thought the brown table is not 100% complete, I did use a silver sharper to create a betting line, I'll do the same thing tomorrow on my black racetrack table that's hanging on the wall - I need help pulling it off - it's heavy! lol

Lancew09

Pair
Reaction score
We debuted the tables last night, we broke the records for players and buy-in's last night, hosting 26 players and 32 buy-in's - great turn out. The final 4 agreed to a chop pot at level 14 (5000/10000) *** Too early in my opinion, the game usually ends at level 16 (8000/16000). I think a couple of them were wanting to get there winnings in the 1/1 cash game to make it 9 handed to close out the night.

Tables were a hit, everyone enjoyed playing on them & I had my biggest loosing poker night to date! lol I guess that's what happens when you build 2 new tables for the poker group! ha

We had 2 PCF members play in our group for the first time last night, thanks Tam @Poker4ever & Brian @jumburger for joining the game! Brian unfortunately busted as the bubble last night!

Poker4ever

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
We debuted the tables last night, we broke the records for players and buy-in's last night, hosting 26 players and 32 buy-in's - great turn out. The final 4 agreed to a chop pot at level 14 (5000/10000) *** Too early in my opinion, the game usually ends at level 16 (8000/16000). I think a couple of them were wanting to get there winnings in the 1/1 cash game to make it 9 handed to close out the night.

Tables were a hit, everyone enjoyed playing on them & I had my biggest loosing poker night to date! lol I guess that's what happens when you build 2 new tables for the poker group! ha

We had 2 PCF members play in our group for the first time last night, thanks Tam @Poker4ever & Brian @jumburger for joining the game! Brian unfortunately busted as the bubble last night!

View attachment 310441

View attachment 310442

View attachment 310443

Great set up. Such a great host. Everybody was friendly. Had a blast thanks. Thanks for having me. Cya next time

Soup

High Hand
Reaction score
Tables look absolutely stunning! Using this as inspiration to get better at woodworking.

big32dave

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Planning to make a hanging rig in my garage too. I like the carabiner idea. I was also thinking of using a winch to get two hanging in my garage, one above the other

Lancew09

Pair
Reaction score
Planning to make a hanging rig in my garage too. I like the carabiner idea. I was also thinking of using a winch to get two hanging in my garage, one above the other
That’s a good idea, you’ll need a high ceiling 10’ at least I’d think, and it must be a heavy duty winch. Good luck!

Lancew09

Pair
Reaction score
We had out poker tournament Saturday, August heat forced us inside the house for this event - but when the pizza was delivered my house temp got hot as well - guess having 10-12 HOT pizzas with 25+ players body heat will increase any cooled space. The new tables got used for the 2nd time this past weekend and I finally placed in the money - tournaments aren't my favorite, a lot better in the cash games, none the less I took home $291 on the night.

Moving all the house furniture out of the living room and hauling in the tables wasn't an easy job, but thankfully my cousin was in town to help with the heavy tables.

I also ended up cutting all 3 tables legs down about an 1" - 1.25" - this made a big difference and the players thought the table height played better from the previous poker night - all 3 tables are roughly 31" tall now at the top of the rail.

IMG_3360.JPEG

IMG_3359.JPEG

IMG_3361.JPEG

Vince Bustillo

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
We had out poker tournament Saturday, August heat forced us inside the house for this event - but when the pizza was delivered my house temp got hot as well - guess having 10-12 HOT pizzas with 25+ players body heat will increase any cooled space. The new tables got used for the 2nd time this past weekend and I finally placed in the money - tournaments aren't my favorite, a lot better in the cash games, none the less I took home $291 on the night.

Moving all the house furniture out of the living room and hauling in the tables wasn't an easy job, but thankfully my cousin was in town to help with the heavy tables.

I also ended up cutting all 3 tables legs down about an 1" - 1.25" - this made a big difference and the players thought the table height played better from the previous poker night - all 3 tables are roughly 31" tall now at the top of the rail.

View attachment 332347

View attachment 332348

View attachment 332349
How did you cut those gorilla legs. I’m thinking of cutting mine a bit as well.

Lancew09

Pair
Reaction score
How did you cut those gorilla legs. I’m thinking of cutting mine a bit as well.
I just used a metal blade in a hack saw, put blue tape around, used a square to measure the 1.5" I wanted cut off, then started cutting - I tried using a jig saw - but the blade wasn't long enough. Before you start cutting, pop off the plastic caps at the bottom.

Good luck!

Top Bottom