Bruce Springsteen vs Shaquille O'neal (2 Viewers)

Who is more famous, worldwide?

• Total voters
Worldwide, I think it’s Shaq, and I don’t think it’s that close, either. I suspect the, uh, average demographic of poker chip collecting forum skews the discussion a little bit, lol.

This isn’t a knock against Bruce at all, but in the end I think they aren’t even in the same tier of stardom and celebrity.

From a European perspective basketball is niche sport. Usually the guys who are shite at football get forced into basketball at school. I’ve never seen any movie, tv show or commercial with O’Neal in them.

Springstein is well known across Europe and his music is on radios over here a lot. Not on the new music / chart music stations but on all the others that play mixed music.

I get that O’Neal is well known in the US but 96% of the people in the world don’t live in the US and aren’t interested in any of the sports played there.

Much in the same way that most people in the US have no interest in football or cricket which most of the rest of the world are obsessed with.

Music is different. How many bands do you listen to whose members are dead or who haven’t had a hit in 50 years?

I’ve never seen any movie, tv show or commercial with O’Neal in them.
I've never seen any movie, TV show or commercial with Springsteen in them.

his music is on radios over here a lot
I'm so sorry to hear that...

1639886593707.gif

I. don't. care.
Then why join and comment? Was the thread title cryptic clickbait?

Hey, that's why I made this thread! Hoped I would learn something and had enough international community on here. Good stuff, had no idea about the DJing, not part of that type of scene. There's gotta be something alluring about seeing a 7ft dj lol

My point is that it’s called the World Series and only two countries have teams that participate. It’s daft to call it that.

I’m not sure what your point is about the EPL. Every country in Europe has its own competition. Being Scottish, I watch the SPL.

I don’t recall throwing hate at anyone’s ego. All I’ve said is that I hadn’t heard of a player who played a sport that I’ve never watched.

I’ve also said that the sports that are popular in the US are considered to be minority or niche in other parts of the world.

I also said that sports that are popular in the rest of the world, namely football, rugby and cricket aren’t popular in the US.

No idea why that’s offensive to you…
Think about this way...

When people talk about breathing "air", they are not talking about the entirety of air, they are talking about the 21% that is oxygen. You know, the important part.

So when people say "world", they mean the US. Because without us, the rest of the world would cease to exist. ;)

Think about this way...

When people talk about breathing "air", they are not talking about the entirety of air, they are talking about the 21% that is oxygen. You know, the important part.

So when people say "world", they mean the US. Because without us, the rest of the world would cease to exist. ;)
IMG_8869.gif

I think the only thing I take from that Reddit thread is: it depends on the person in question.

For example, I'd put Michael Jackson and Elvis at #1 and #2 respectively, and I don't even think it's even close.
Michael Jordan vs Michael Jackson would be good. I’m guessing MJ would win.

I think generally athletes > musicians.

However top tier musicians probably as a whole take the cake. It’d be close.

Rinaldo
Messi
Jordan
Lebron
Brady?

Vs

Michael jackson
Taylor Swift
Madonna?
Beatles?
Kanye?
Beyoncé?

Back to the OP… Springsteen isn’t a top tier musician. Shaq is a top tier athlete + entertainment mogul.

Rinaldo
Messi
Jordan
Lebron
Brady?

Vs

Michael jackson
Taylor Swift
Madonna?
Beatles?
Kanye?
Beyoncé?

Back to the OP… Springsteen isn’t a top tier musician. Shaq is a top tier athlete + entertainment mogul.
I feel a bracket coming on...

Rinaldo
Messi
Jordan
Lebron
Brady?

Vs

Michael jackson
Taylor Swift
Madonna?
Beatles?
Kanye?
Beyoncé?

Swap Brady with Tiger Woods.

From a European perspective basketball is niche sport. Usually the guys who are shite at football get forced into basketball at school. I’ve never seen any movie, tv show or commercial with O’Neal in them.

Springstein is well known across Europe and his music is on radios over here a lot. Not on the new music / chart music stations but on all the others that play mixed music.

I get that O’Neal is well known in the US but 96% of the people in the world don’t live in the US and aren’t interested in any of the sports played there.

Much in the same way that most people in the US have no interest in football or cricket which most of the rest of the world are obsessed with.

Music is different. How many bands do you listen to whose members are dead or who haven’t had a hit in 50 years?
You mean like AC/DC?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom