Bruce Springsteen vs Shaquille O'neal (2 Viewers)

Who is more famous, worldwide?

• Total voters

NotRealNameNoSir

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Worldwide, who is more famous? Having a knock down drag em out discussion.

I take Springsteen, obviously, but brother in law swears up and down about Shaq's commercials in Asia. I just cannot see his point of view, wondering if this was just cause Im a Freehold boy but it seems ridiculous.

Last edited:
Most known worldwide I'd say Springsteen.

Most recognizable? Shaq.

Springsteen could be sitting next to me on a flight and I wouldn't have a clue. No way I'd miss Shaq.
Okay; famous in general? So yes, face is not the same as impact/fame. This is part of the discussion.

One is an absolute boss, the other one is The Boss.
shaq-hot-wings.gif

Fan of both so happy to watch the debate either way. Also depends on how you're defining.

I don’t know who Shaq O’Neil is. Had to google him and saw that he played basketball, which is a sport nobody here watches.

Bruce Springstein plays here every few years. Personally I think his music is shite so I’d rather have not heard of him :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Edit: if it was a fight I’m pretty certain that O’Neil would ragdoll Springstein

Last edited:
In ten years they will be as famous as Jerry West and Woodie Guthrie are today.
I’ve heard of Woodie Guthrie. He was Bob Dylan’s role model, is that right? Guitar had something written on it about killing fascism.

Never heard of Jerry West.

Last edited:
Give me a break, no one cares about basket ball over here. It’s something you play because you have to in school gymnastics.

The boss, on the other hand

Give me a break, no one cares about basket ball over here. It’s something you play because you have to in school gymnastics.

The boss, on the other hand
I reckon that if you’re a famous American sports star you could probably come to Europe, walk around the streets and be anonymous and the same would happen to a European sports star who went to America.

I reckon that if you’re a famous American sports star you could probably come to Europe, walk around the streets and be anonymous and the same would happen to a European sports star who went to America.
I guess that’s why Beckham, Zlatan, Messi et al go play football (I’m not saying it) in the states. Still making great money but no one bothers you in the street.

I guess that’s why Beckham, Zlatan, Messi et al go play football (I’m not saying it) in the states. Still making great money but no one bothers you in the street.
Football is a minority sport over there and nobody watches American sports over here so it makes sense.

I met an ice hockey player about 20 years ago who was visiting family over here and he loved the fact that nobody had a clue who he was.

To be fair he could have been making it up as I didn’t have a clue who he was :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

100%, but when we're talking about hearing songs and name recognition?

100%, but when we're talking about hearing songs and name recognition?
Springstein is well known over here. He was playing Glasgow or Edinburgh a couple of months ago and a few of my mates went to see him. I’m not a fan so didn’t go.

I had no idea who O’Neil was. I watched the Nike show about Michael Jordan’s sponsorship deal and didn’t really get it as I only know him from the Nike shoes.

Boxing is probably the only sport that is watched in both Europe and North America. And even then you’d have to be heavyweight champion to be recognised in most countries.

This is a very silly statement when we think about how small the globes become, Ill take this bet easily.
Lol half the world doesn’t know either one of these now. I doubt they are going to learn much more about them in the future either. The world is bigger than you think. Lots more to do and see than worry about either one of these people.

Springsteen is huge in Sweden. I’ve never seen his show but I got a ”funny” story. Nils Lofgren of the E street band is of Swedish decent and is some kind of in-law relative to my mom’s aunt or something like that.

When I was about 20 my mom and her aunts received tickets and back stage passes to a Springsteen show in Sweden to meet Nils and everybody in the band. My mom never asked me to go because she didn’t think I was into Springsteen and took my 13 year-old sister instead. She was sorta right but fuck, it’s not like I would’ve said no to that. Still haven’t forgiven her for that one.

Springsteen is huge in Sweden. I’ve never seen his show but I got a ”funny” story. Nils Lofgren of the E street band is of Swedish decent and is some kind of in-law relative to my mom’s aunt or something like that.

When I was about 20 my mom and her aunts received tickets and back stage passes to a Springsteen show in Sweden to meet Nils and everybody in the band. My mom never asked me to go because she didn’t think I was into Springsteen and took my 13 year-old sister instead. She was sorta right but fuck, it’s not like I would’ve said no to that. Still haven’t forgiven her for that one.
Hate to be the one to break it to you but it sounds like your mum took her favourite child :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Worldwide, who is more famous? Having a knock down drag em out discussion.

I take Springsteen, obviously, but brother in law swears up and down about Shaq's commercials in Asia. I just cannot see his point of view, wondering if this was just cause Im a Freehold boy but it seems ridiculous.
Worldwide - I say Shaq, hands down. No question.

Edit: ie - seeing a picture and knowing who it is.

Worldwide - I say Shaq, hands down. No question
Can’t see it. Not many people outside of North America watch basketball or baseball or American football. Probably in the same way that not many Americans watch football or rugby or cricket.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom