Broken Shields (CPC) - The reveal (1 Viewer)

Gunnar

Flush
Reaction score
The Broken Shields of Berzerk Island
- Gunnar

Dream coming true!

Some of you know me personally and other's don´t and some just want to see photos of chips. I joined PCF January 2016 when I was looking at CPC sets and here we are with a dream coming true! Take in mind that when I joined the best looking poker chips in Iceland were Ceramic chips that I created and when I joined the forum I thought that was top of the line mostly and everything more than 1$ per chip for outright nuts and you all needed help...

How I got to the place where I could buy my dream set that I started thinking about 7 years ago is a long story but I never gave up on the goal to own a CPC set, I was not sure in the beginning but after my first meetup @k9dr in Florida where I handled the two Hall of fame sets I was hooked. The people I met were even nicer than the chips! And later that year I had some awesome members come to my own meetup in Iceland.

Shortly after that I stopped playing and chipping we all have some rough patches but when I got to a better place the dream was still there and my old mockups waiting for me as all my friends!

The Origin

Rebuilding a club and designing everything over again is challenging and fun! I come from Iceland and I always liked vikings and with that theme in mind I stuck with my orginal club name Berzerk Island but a new logo was made​
Berzerklogo.png

The Broken Shields

Berzerk Island was a great name for the club but it did still not fit the vision in my head for the tournament set I wanted to create. You see I have unpopular opinion that the best levels of a tournament are the ones that the stakes are so low it "does not matter". That is what I call the information stage or the bashing of Shields. In old vikings battles everyone had shields and in the beginning of the fight you would often hit the shield of your enemy, not to hurt them but to scare them, figure out strength, find weaknesses and play mind games. That is the stage I love.

Keep in mind that shield bashing does not last forever shields brake and when the battle goes on things can get a little bit crazy. But bigger battles are often won on patience rather than just crazyness.

So with that in mind the them Broken Shields came to life!

Sheildlogo.jpg

Designing the chips
I wanted my chips to match my theme
Vintage - Classic - Not Crazy - Patient

I also had personal preference.

- I would like to reserve shaped inlays for a future cash set
- I like red tables so no red chip
- I wanted the chips to remind me of a shield
- I picked a mold based on feel and look
- Spot pattern came to me one night and might hurt those who have OCD

And there it was, born and beautyful with only 104 emails to David at CPC ( Sorry I love you and you know that)
55946.png

With the one spot a different color to simulate a breakdown or a weakness in the shield. No bright pink nor bright white, I made an exemption from otherwise not to crazy color choices on the 25k and 100k as they should make noise when the enter the battlefield.

But wait there is more
I wanted to create a Winner chip to give to those who win bigger shield events, I also wanted to create Meetup chips for my future meetups in 2025 and 2027. One summer event and one winter event. And Then I got the madness Idea to create a luck chip with my name on it. Notice how "Iceland" is stronger on the memory chips.
55947.png

Here are some photos from the unboxing process and oiling. I then oiled barrel of each chip to take some photos to share with you that I will post in next comment. When I have oiled and cleaned them all I will take proper photos.

This set was designed and created by me with a lot of help of this amazing community! Feel free to ask as you like about process or anything! If you find your self in Iceland I'm always open for a chat!

boxes.jpg
fullextra.jpg
playset.jpg
oiledones.jpg
cleaning.jpg
t5000.jpg
t100000.jpg
t1000.jpg
t500.jpg
t100.jpg

Reserved for a proper photoshoot with splashpots and more!

I love em! :love: So where does one sign up for 2025?

I saw meetup and Iceland, and now I can't think straight. Since you have this beautiful new set, are there any plans for another meetup? My wife and I have Iceland at the very top of our bucket list for a trip now that she has retired. I've had many discussions on here with @rrobyrrroby about coming for a visit and playing poker, but a meetup would be even better. Are you two located close to each other?

I saw meetup and Iceland, and now I can't think straight. Since you have this beautiful new set, are there any plans for another meetup? My wife and I have Iceland at the very top of our bucket list for a trip now that she has retired. I've had many discussions on here with @rrobyrrroby about coming for a visit and playing poker, but a meetup would be even better. Are you two located close to each other?
Yeah we are close to each other and play together in real life ;)

I will host a meetup in the summer of 2025 :)

OK, sorry. I was too excited and didn't read carefully enough. I now see 2025 and 2027 and one summer, one winter. Do you know yet which is which? The sooner, the better! Please put me on the list whenever you start to compile one. Hoping that the first one is summer. This boy didn't move from Iowa to Texas because he loved snow, ice and cold... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I love em! :love: So where does one sign up for 2025?

OK, sorry. I was too excited and didn't read carefully enough. I now see 2025 and 2027 and one summer, one winter. Do you know yet which is which? The sooner, the better! Please put me on the list whenever you start to compile one. Hoping that the first one is summer. This boy didn't move from Iowa to Texas because he loved snow, ice and cold... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I will set up an interest thread soon for the 2025 summer one. It is good to have plenty of notice for event this far away and it also gives me some idea of how many I’m expecting.

I will always aim to have few days of poker and few days before or after where I will take a trip to the country side for an amazing experience like bathing in Beer in the north and so on…

Nice project !!
We don’t need beautiful chips to play poker … but it is way better with some beauties :love: Congrats !!

Congrats! There really is no other feeling like seeing your custom set in person for the first time, especially after how much time and consideration you give them. :)

T25 - Green chip is weakest link?

When I first started designing this set it was just suppose to be 25-100-500-1000-5000 and as I like yellow chips it made sense to have the T25 yellow and green. After seeing multiple comments around PCF how green chip is usually the weakest link credit @MrCatPants I was not going to use green for a bigger denom in this set. But when I decided to add a T25.000 chip yellow went into the T25 spot and green for a T25 was the obvious choice. Since it was next to a black T100 I ruled out darker green colors and as DG Green would be to bright I went with light green, I drafted it up with red spots in first try and I was never able to create a spot combo that I liked more.

Base - Light Green
Odd spot - Red
Two Spots - Retro Red

Ordered 200 got 209, not a single error chip sadly, 205 will go into the playable set and 4 will go into a backup drawer.

Conclusion
This chip is not a star of the set but it looks really good in stacks and with other chips, I like it a lot and have zero regrets.

T25-1.jpg
T25-2.jpg
T25-3.jpg
T25-4.jpg
T25-5.jpg

When I first started designing this set it was just suppose to be 25-100-500-1000-5000 and as I like yellow chips it made sense to have the T25 yellow and green. After seeing multiple comments around PCF how green chip is usually the weakest link credit @MrCatPants I was not going to use green for a bigger denom in this set. But when I decided to add a T25.000 chip yellow went into the T25 spot and green for a T25 was the obvious choice. Since it was next to a black T100 I ruled out darker green colors and as DG Green would be to bright I went with light green, I drafted it up with red spots in first try and I was never able to create a spot combo that I liked more.

Base - Light Green
Odd spot - Red
Two Spots - Retro Red

Ordered 200 got 209, not a single error chip sadly, 205 will go into the playable set and 4 will go into a backup drawer.

Conclusion
This chip is not a star of the set but it looks really good in stacks and with other chips, I like it a lot and have zero regrets.

View attachment 1162898View attachment 1162899View attachment 1162900View attachment 1162901View attachment 1162902
Congrats on your new set, but you shouldn't summon me to a tri-moon reveal :)

T100 - Stealing the glory

I love black chips, but as a lower value chips they can be dangerous. I have played multiple tourney sets where I have been sad when the black chips are colored-up as they are the star of the set. I did some testing with brown or grey chips but black was always calling back to me. I tested some spot colors that really made it pop, purple and grey was hot as hell but looking at the set overall then it was a clear favorite. You see designing a cool chip is easy but creating a set is a lot harder. I started working with DG Tiger with black and that combo is hot but was it too hot? Adding gray or white with it made it even hotter so I started experimenting with the unusal subject DG Orange. I think if I would have used Black for a T10k or T100k I would not be happy with the DG Orange there but as a T100 it makes it more of team player and I like it alot!

Base - Black
Odd spot - DG Orange
Two Spots - DG Tiger

Ordered 300 got 315, not a single error chip, 310 will go into the playable set and 5 will go into a backup drawer.

Conclusion
This chip is great and a really good friend of all the chips in the set, it is this cool friend that makes the friend group look a little bit cooler without making others look dull. Chipping them up will be hard as I love black chips but when it I use this set for a cash game for fun I will hoard them like hell.
T100-1.jpg
T100-2.jpg
T100-3.jpg
T100-6.jpg
T100-7.jpg

Absolutely love the design work and all the pictures. A feast for the eyes. I'm a big fan of chips with color matching on the inlays. Beautiful stuff!

Base - Light Green
Odd spot - Red
Two Spots - Retro Red

Conclusion

View attachment 1162898View attachment 1162899View attachment 1162900View attachment 1162901View attachment 1162902
Not weak. Just appropriate for it's position. Good looking chips and love the tri-moon. In spite of anything @MrCatPants has to say. Ask him to post pics of his Heritage Club custom lineup. ALL of them... :cool

These are sweet.

For some reason, I prefer to see the barrels “unorganized”…

For some other unrelated reason…pylsur is banned from being shipped to the US (maybe everywhere?).

It better not have anything to do with these chips…my new hot dog roller is pissed.
IMG_6208.jpeg

These are sweet.

For some reason, I prefer to see the barrels “unorganized”…

For some other unrelated reason…pylsur is banned from being shipped to the US (maybe everywhere?).

It better not have anything to do with these chips…my new hot dog roller is pissed.View attachment 1163263
I’m innocent on the hot dog part!!

I’m working on clean the last chips and will photograph them, might do some random barrels photo ☺️

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom