Brief reflection on Variance (1 Viewer)

hoshibaboshi

High Hand
Reaction score
Played a cash game with friends last night.
Dealt 50 hands.
I got 0 pocket pairs all night, 0 suited aces, 0 suited broadways. I got dealt 62off, 72off, and 73off total of 9 times.
A kid who has never played before and had to keep looking up the hands doubled up his money.
One guy got pocket pairs 3 hands in a row (which is like over 4000:1 odds), won all 3 hands at showdown(also crazy), and the third hand he had 4 of a kind on the flop.

It was a rough one! Hahaha. I stayed disciplined and ended up slightly up on the night somehow. Was fun as heck anyway using my new set from @TheJestyr

Attachments

• A603C507-966D-44E9-AB89-2CB0559DA554.jpeg
    A603C507-966D-44E9-AB89-2CB0559DA554.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 65
50 hands? That's not very many hands. How long did you play for?
I’m estimating, it plays slow cuz many limpers every hand, maybe it was more? 4 hours. I could be way off but it seemed like 5 or 6 rotations.

I was to the point where if I had gotten like 45 suited and such I would have started limping behind from several positions but never even got that kind of stuff! Not complaining it was a fun night.

I had 3 significant hands where I lost and won all my chips for the night, and they were also my only Broadway hands dealt.
AQoff, I played it well, A shows up on River giving me Aces up, I make a medium value bet at the new guy who called me down and has pocket aces lol.
KJoff, called down a PFR with second pair and won small pot,
QJoff, I was PFR, and won it on the turn with top pair vs a fish who had less than nothing to call with I guess.
Other than that I got really good at folding preflop!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom