Razzaho : question regarding Omaha (1 Viewer)

Santa123

Straight
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240205-175514_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20240205-083544_Drive.jpg

We had a little discussion between german PCF members today about how to play Razzaho. We never played razzaho before so we want to make sure to play it the right way.

The question is regarding FINAL HANDS: quote "Best omaha hand using 2 down cards and 3 community".
Each player has only 3 down cards in razzaho. But in regular omaha you hold 4 down cards. So the question is:
In razzaho you have to pick 2 individual cards out of your 3 down cards OR
is it a mistake in the description and you can actualy pick 2 individual cards out of your 3 down cards and the first individual card face up you got dealt :)

@BGinGA

I would also like to ask if to burn or not.

Perhaps two out of the seven individual cards? The Omaha side sound more like Greek holdem if you’re forced to use your first two down card and have to wait until the very end for your 3rd down card.

What about that last individual card? That is a down card and should definetely count towards the omaha hand.

I am sure you could play it that way, Cards that go with "both" are centered (i.e the first 2 down and 1 up).
The last "stud" card is associated with the stud hand only.

Perhaps lines show it better:

razzaho.jpg

In the "Split Pot" description, it says " . . . Omaha (2 individual . . " as the down cards and all stud cards are shown with an "I" .
Maybe this is a better representation of using all 4 "I" cards choosing best 2 for Omaha.

razzaho.jpg

That makes perfect sense.

Last edited:
I am sure you could play it that way, Cards that go with "both" are centered (i.e the first 2 down and 1 up).
The last "stud" card is associated with the stud hand only.

Perhaps lines show it better:

View attachment 1267741

In the "Split Pot" description, it says " . . . Omaha (2 individual . . " as the down cards and all stud cards are shown with an "I" .
Maybe this is a better representation of using all 4 "I" cards choosing best 2 for Omaha.

View attachment 1267755

That makes perfect sense.
But why than calling it Omaha hand. Isn't it more of a Holdem hand.

Razz and Holdem = Razzaho

Razzaho is a 7-card stud game with a 5-card board -- best Razz hand splits the pot with the best Omaha hand (using two of your three down cards with three from the board). I always thought Razz was the most frustrating poker variant, until I learned this game.

Razzaho? By the name alone it sounds fucking stupid.

A stud variant that tried to incorporate Omaha rules? That really sounds fucking stupid.

ETA: I'm fully aware no one asked my opinion. I have a migraine headache, so I am not accountable for the things I post on the internet today.

I didn't recall this game or even making a card for it. A search game me >20 mentions, which refreshed my memory. I've never played it. To paraphrase one of my favorite YouTube cat series: My cards, Not my game.*

My personal opinion is that naming the game Razzaha would be more consistent with other Omaha-combo games (e.g., Studaha).

And @abby99 I love your mixed game cards!!!
Thanks!

* "My house, Not my cat."

Lol, not my game -- or name -- either. I think I first saw reference to it in a Cardplayer article where it was being played for cash during the WSOP.

But I have indeed played it, and the Omaha portion of the pot is determined by using exactly any two of your three dealt down cards plus any three (of the five) community cards to make your best 5-card poker hand.

Can also be played split-pot between best Razz hand and best Omaha low hand (with an 8 qualifier), or as split-pot between best Stud-hi hand and Omaha hand (high or low, can be played either way). No qualifying Omaha low hand is a scoop for the Razz/Stud hand.

I've played the Razz/Omaha-High and Stud/Omaha-Low versions. Both are equally frustrating, but otherwise pretty solid games.

@Santa123 -- we deal it 7-max with no burn cards. If the deck is short on 7th street (possible but rare), the remaining deck stub cards are first dealt out and then the prior folds/discards are reshuffled and used to deal any further needed 7th street cards.

Lol, not my game -- or name -- either. I think I first saw reference to it in a Cardplayer article where it was being played for cash during the WSOP.

But I have indeed played it, and the Omaha portion of the pot is determined by using exactly any two of your three dealt down cards plus any three (of the five) community cards to make your best 5-card poker hand.

Can also be played split-pot between best Razz hand and best Omaha low hand (with an 8 qualifier), or as split-pot between best Stud-hi hand and Omaha hand (high or low, can be played either way). No qualifying Omaha low hand is a scoop for the Razz/Stud hand.

I've played the Razz/Omaha-High and Stud/Omaha-Low versions. Both are equally frustrating, but otherwise pretty solid games.
Thanks for the input.

I found this game called Rio Bravo. You can use in this game all 3 down cards. Beside that its the closest I found how you played it.

Screenshot_20240206-195438_Drive.jpg

Thanks for the input.

I found this game called Rio Bravo. You can use in this game all 3 down cards. Beside that its the closest I found how you played it.

View attachment 1268310

So it's like Super Holdem except you ger your 3rd card at the very end instead of at the beginning and there's a betting round after.

So it's like Super Holdem except you ger your 3rd card at the very end instead of at the beginning and there's a betting round after.
Yes but you have to use exactly 2.
Maybe thats the reason why its described as omaha hand because you have to use exactly 2 which is characteristic for omaha.

It's Texas holdem, but with an extra down card after the river. You can use all three downcards or none at all. Supposedly named because south of the river from Texas, the Mexicans call the river Rio Bravo instead of Rio Grande.

Well, I think that’s exactly how I understood it and how it is described on that card…

Right now I ain’t sure at all, if my brain wants to play this game next saturday :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: I still try to recover from my headaches of playing limit mixed games 4 hours after a couple of hours tourney poker at Conor‘s Winter Wonderland in Zurich one and a half week ago… once again Kudos to Jason @JRald07 for teaching the table cheap lessons of playing some unknown funny games…

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom