Bridge/Jumbo Index Issue (2 Viewers)

So is everyone having this issue? Finally got around to checking my one open(red) deck and have looked at all the offending cards mentioned ITT. My 9c might be ever so slightly darker than the rest but it could be confirmation bias. Tired reshuffling the cards and I can’t find any color differences. Maybe there’s some hope that not every set up is effected.

I have 28 unopened setups, 2 opened setups. If there is any possibility of a discrepancy with these decks I'd rather not take the chance that the 2-3 setups I think may be good are really marked & I'm putting myself or my players at risk using the decks in a cash money game.

image.jpg
Confirmed. Which of these is the :9c:?

From that picture, looks like the card on the right is the darkest card?

From that picture, looks like the card on the right is the darkest card?
I haven't noticed darker cards, just the few that are lighter than others. So in this picture, left and right are the same and the middle card is a shade or two lighter. @Kyle is right - middle card is the 9

I would bet dollars to donuts it has something to do with this line of cards: Notice the Qh and 9c are on the same row, along with the Ad (which I saw in my deck as lighter) as well as the 2h.....
Sorry for the Photo steal......someone posted it in the other thread..... :)

View attachment 132843

This picture nails it. I opened my first deck and went through it picking out any card that seemed lighter. I found 7 cards and every single one was from the top row.

Thank you for all the comments. All the photos, all the discussion. Definitely not what everyone was wanting for an issue. Do not use the red decks plain and simple. Integrity of your games is paramount while I resolve this issue.

I have been in contact with my manufacturer and while they keep samples, they are not seeing these issues. There are some red decks that are good, but with so many poisoned ones, I am sending a number of samples back from what I have left in stock and even an uncut sheet. They will see the differences and we will move forward from there to get a resolution. There will be a little wait time, but updates will be posted as I get them.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding. I needed a day to clear my head and decide this is not going to defeat me and think that this is not the end of the world even though it sucks and I am frustrated along with you all.

In the mean time, the weekend is nearly upon us and poker needs to be played. Classic Baroques are out for now, but if you are a fan of the Victorians go for those or the other brands that you like.

I opened my first red deck last night hoping for no issue. But took the 9c and it was apparent. Tried today hoping it was confirmation bias. I took out the 6 lightest cards. All from the top row. The next 4 were from 1 from the top and 3 from the second.
It’s a very subtle difference. Not sure I would have noticed, glad you got in front of this @desjgn

I opened my first red deck last night hoping for no issue. But took the 9c and it was apparent. Tried today hoping it was confirmation bias. I took out the 6 lightest cards. All from the top row. The next 4 were from 1 from the top and 3 from the second.
It’s a very subtle difference. Not sure I would have noticed, glad you got in front of this @desjgn

Well, I had help with the issue being pointed out to be honest, but addressing it head on needed to be swift.

Thank you for all the comments. All the photos, all the discussion. Definitely not what everyone was wanting for an issue. Do not use the red decks plain and simple. Integrity of your games is paramount while I resolve this issue.

I have been in contact with my manufacturer and while they keep samples, they are not seeing these issues. There are some red decks that are good, but with so many poisoned ones, I am sending a number of samples back from what I have left in stock and even an uncut sheet. They will see the differences and we will move forward from there to get a resolution. There will be a little wait time, but updates will be posted as I get them.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding. I needed a day to clear my head and decide this is not going to defeat me and think that this is not the end of the world even though it sucks and I am frustrated along with you all.

In the mean time, the weekend is nearly upon us and poker needs to be played. Classic Baroques are out for now, but if you are a fan of the Victorians go for those or the other brands that you like.

Although this sucks, things happen. Don’t kill yourself over it as there will be an amicable resolution. And even though this was my first experience with these cards, based on your reputation and the comments from the experienced PCFers, I have no issue with waiting to see what happens. I have 25-27 unopened sets. Life goes on.

Couple of questions: is this issue with red decks only? Are we sure? Also, should we use the blue decks, if you say they have no issues? Will this be a problem when/if we return the sets to you/printer, or do we just not use any decks until further posting by you?

Try not to let this engulf your life... we are all in it together and will figure out the best way to get it sorted out.

Thank you @kk405. I will be looking at the blue decks over the weekend. From previous comments for the most part these look to be okay, however, let us be thorough on the blue too. More testing there too please. I am not going to ask for returns on the red and incur any further cost to anyone. I am though thinking how they could be donated (perhaps giving you guys a tax write-off) with the holidays coming up. Might as well try to make some lemonade out of those lemons as I think out loud.

Thank you @kk405. I will be looking at the blue decks over the weekend. From previous comments for the most part these look to be okay, however, let us be thorough on the blue too. More testing there too please. I am not going to ask for returns on the red and incur any further cost to anyone. I am though thinking how they could be donated (perhaps giving you guys a tax write-off) with the holidays coming up. Might as well try to make some lemonade out of those lemons as I think out loud.

The blue cards 100% have the same defect. It's just less noticeable. The middle card (3h) is darker than the others. I took the 3h and six other random non-darker cards and found 2/2 times with no effort in bad lighting. I then added four more non-darker cards and found it 2/2 more times.
20171109_213708.jpg
20171109_213647.jpg

Looking at the uncut sheet (too tired for a full examination and my lighting is bad), at the very least the first five cards from the bottom row are all darker. As 6s Js 3h 8h

Edit: As in I looked at the pics posted of the uncut sheet and compared the cards before the 3h in the same row. I don't have an uncut sheet

Maybe we can send these to some of our troops overseas. I know that they appreciate cards!

Ok, so I went through my 3 sets and it would seem I got really lucky on the colors as there is no color value changes. Perhaps the decks from the start of the run are more even than from the end of the run. That could happen if one ink head went wonky during the printing.

However I have discovered one red deck is warped. See below. Anybody else found one of these?

2017-11-10 17.06.22.jpg
2017-11-10 17.06.47.jpg
2017-11-10 17.07.43.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, so I went through my 3 sets and it would seem I got really lucky on the colors as there is no color value changes. Perhaps the decks from the start of the run are more even from the end of the run. That could happen if one ink head went wonky during the printing.

However I have discovered one red deck is warped. See below. Anybody else found one of these?

One of my blue decks had a similar warp on one side of the card on the As-4s.
20171030_091443-1.jpg

Grant

Yikes! :sick::(
Only way to know that is by opening the cellophane right..?

Holy crap..... starting to seriously question the quality controls in place at the card manufacturer....

Is this the same mfg used for previous Desjgn offerings, or a new one?

2017-11-10-17-06-22-jpg.133285

Holy crap..... starting to seriously question the quality controls in place at the card manufacturer....

Is this the same mfg used for previous Desjgn offerings, or a new one?

2017-11-10-17-06-22-jpg.133285
Stop
Letting Paul Bunyan shuffle

Well there is only one other instance of a warped in cellophane deck and it has already been posted. This is the 6th time printing with this manufacturer and each one prior to the snafu of this current project has been well-produced. It just means even if they fix this as they should I will be looking elsewhere for future productions.

For all future productions I will also go on press checks and production checks, no matter the distance.

Thanks for posting all issues because I will let them know everything that went wrong.

Hi desj

I think the strength of a company is ALWAYS how it handles issues & mistakes.

In this case you get an A+.

Well Played Sir!
Thank you @CHP TD for the compliment. I try my best, not always succeeding, but learning nonetheless.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom