Bridge/Jumbo Index Issue (1 Viewer)

First attempt of checking some of my setups I didn't notice anything but the light/angle can hide the difference. Also look at the edges with only the outside borders visible and it is more apparent.

Thanks for trying to make things right Jason, this has to be tough for you, I think everyone appreciates what you are doing.

Is this like an inside joke? I can’t tell the difference. Maybe I need my eyes checked.

I wish it were, but I wouldn't do that in his thread either. :(

They told me via text that the 9c and Qh were noticeable in multiple decks, so I thought alright let's see if they can ID them through a picture, I even arranged them in a way that made it harder (IMO) where they weren't alternating, but rather closer to each other..... and they still knew within seconds of the text which two were "off"......

My one red deck that I opened seems to not be nearly as bad as some of the other examples, where I can see the issue but it's under very specific lighting and close up...... others seem to have decks where they can pick one card out from across the table....

Sucks all around though.... :(

I just checked 2 open sets I have and can't tell the color differences under normal lighting conditions. But this probably has something to do with my eyesight as I do need reading glasses. Will have to wait for the better half to come home tomorrow and ask her to look at them as well, but given what has been already been said in this thread, I am going to stop using these decks. :(

I just checked 2 open sets I have and can't tell the color differences under normal lighting conditions.

Yours may be closer to mine, I almost didn't believe it until I looked REALLY close up at the cards, I could then see the difference in shade/hue, but with typical glare from my basement lights, if I spread them out on the table it was nearly impossible to see...it usually just looked like reflection from the overhead lights.

I have 18 setups left (sold 12 here before I knew the issue even existed....)......I've only opened one to verify the issue, but I'm guessing it's in all of them. :(

Well I just checked one deck of red, but just one, I have 3 decks total. The thing is I have excellent color rendition vision, I can actually see more shades between colors than the average person. (I won't explain here but trust me.) I also approve graphic proofs for printing all the time in my work. This one red deck is 100% solid. I checked under various light levels, various color temperatures and both when I knew where the 9c and Qh were and weren't. So one deck down but that deck passed all the tests.

Last edited:
Jason,
Do you need us to open all the decks and get you a count, or do you now have enough information? I have 28 unopened setups, and would rather not inspect 56 individual decks. Thanks for the guidance!

If necessary, I can crack the decks and send you the Ace of Spades from each (i.e., so the printer knows this isn't some kind of elaborate scheme). That's what Bicycle does for replacement of faulty product.

By the way, to me this doesn't reflect at all on the outstanding product you designed. The cards are fantastic, but printing happens....

Well I just checked one deck of red, but just one, I have 3 decks total. The thing is I have excellent color rendition vision, I can actually see more shades between colors than the average person. (I won't explain here but trust me.) I also approve graphic proofs for printing all the time in my work. This one red deck is 100% solid. I checked under various light levels, various color temperatures and both when I knew where the 9c and Qh were and weren't. So one deck down but that deck passed all the tests.

Looking forward to the see examination if your remaining decks.

Yours may be closer to mine, I almost didn't believe it until I looked REALLY close up at the cards, I could then see the difference in shade/hue, but with typical glare from my basement lights, if I spread them out on the table it was nearly impossible to see...it usually just looked like reflection from the overhead lights.

I have 18 setups left (sold 12 here before I knew the issue even existed....)......I've only opened one to verify the issue, but I'm guessing it's in all of them. :(

Am not sure if under normal playing circumstances (players smoking cigars, drinking, mediocre lighting, etc) there is a discernible difference in the cards. But again, to remove any doubt, I am not going to use the cards until further notice. Other problem is that we use a brand new, unopened deck for each game (sometimes 2 unopened decks are used during a session, if anyone asks for a deck change), so I can’t open all the decks, go through them and figure out which ones may or may not have the issue.

Other problem is that we use a brand new, unopened deck for each game (sometimes 2 unopened decks are used during a session, if anyone asks for a deck change), so I can’t open all the decks, go through them and figure out which ones may or may not have the issue.
I gave you a like because although I think you guys are nuts for using a brand new sealed premium plastic deck or setup for each session, you’re 100% entitled to do so. If you open all your setups and find out they’re perfect, what are you left with? Certainly not what you bought. You now have unsealed setups, which are useless for your intended purpose.
This situation 100% sucks, and I really hope that desjgn’s manufacturer steps up here, because I’m a huge fan of desjgn cards.

Hello, Mr. President.

(Its a joke, because he always talks in superlatives and as backup, he just says you have to believe him.)
I knew that might come off pretentious but then got too lazy to edit it. :whistle: :whistling:

I gave you a like because although I think you guys are nuts for using a brand new sealed premium plastic deck or setup for each session, you’re 100% entitled to do so.

It may sound like a waste to some, but if I played in a high stakes home game every week, I would not only appreciate new and sealed set-up every week, but would think that optically it is a necessity for anyone managing such a game. But I do know of many big home games where they use the same deck for weeks/months. To each their own.

Here's a shot I took of one of my decks. See if you can tell which is the 9c:

IMG_20171107_202837.jpg

Anyone looked at their uncut sheets? Might be able to see a pattern. The red 9c is at the top/bottom middle-ish (I think). Might be a little more info to bring to the printer.

Anyone looked at their uncut sheets? Might be able to see a pattern. The red 9c is at the top/bottom middle-ish (I think). Might be a little more info to bring to the printer.

I would bet dollars to donuts it has something to do with this line of cards: Notice the Qh and 9c are on the same row, along with the Ad (which I saw in my deck as lighter) as well as the 2h.....
Sorry for the Photo steal......someone posted it in the other thread..... :)

20171102_062030.jpg

Last edited:
On the red sheet, the 9c is on the same row as the Qh. Both are near-center, with the 4c between them. It also has issues in some red decks.

upload_2017-11-6_8-15-7-png.132265

credit @Gear for photo/discovery

I would bet dollars to donuts it has something to do with this line of cards: Notice the Qh and 9c are on the same row, along with the Ad (which I saw in my deck as lighter) as well as the 2h.....
As is the 6d which is the card I was testing with

So here's a bunch of pictures from the top row of my uncut sheet. Sorry they took a bit, worked the overnight shift. I only had my basement light to work with. I will preface this and say from a quick glance, couldn't really see different shades of red from initial glance and maybe I just got lucky or I'm just tired lol.

Anyway here's some pictures, sorry I'm a bit rushed, have a flight to catch in 5 hours. If people want more pics, I can take more when I return home next week

20171109_034136.jpg
20171109_034153.jpg
20171109_034216.jpg
20171109_034236.jpg
20171109_034304.jpg
20171109_034448.jpg
20171109_034515.jpg

OK I really can't see it at all looking at the cards, even very close up - guess my eyes just suck. But I could see it in pics that people posted and once I knew which cards to look at, well...

image.jpeg

OK I really can't see it at all looking at the cards, even very close up - guess my eyes just suck. But I could see it in pics that people posted and once I knew which cards to look at, well...

View attachment 132969

I'm in the same boat. I can see the difference in the picture but not live. Kind of nervous to use them now being I'm fearful I'd be the only one at the table not being able to see the difference.

In my red decks, the 6d was easily identified
Could be my age and eyes, but I couldn't easily pick out any particular cards, eg 9c, from the blue decks

Aww crud. We noticed this at the last night of the Alamo meetup but wrote it off as the overhead lighting as moving the cards around the table made it change. Watching thread to see what the plan is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom