Board Gamers, show us your loot! (5 Viewers)

My current favorite games in no order are

Castles of burgundy
Terraforming mars
Brass birmingham
Barrage

I like games with some economic aspect, plus you get to use chips as money!

Most of the games I really love are easy to teach and play but difficult to master or be good at. The depth of strategy provides a lot of replay ability and they aren't over complicated just to be complicated.

I wouldn't say that TM is an easy teach ;), one of my favorite games at the moment though.

I've been out of the bgg and board game YouTube scene for awhile now, hadn't heard of Barrage. I'll have to check that one out.

brass Birmingham is always a good time, there is one path to victory though that can be a bit over powered if people dont see it

We played Carcassonne online with our friends tonight since we couldn't game in person. It worked pretty well and we had Houseparty going for video chat.

I was blue in the first game and cleaned up. Won the second game too, but it was closer.

IMG_20200522_205405260~2.jpg
IMG_20200522_212647564~2.jpg

I picked up the D&D card game Dungeon Mayhem on sale for $10, and it's a fun, quick family game. It plays fast, and my son likes it. Some of the reviews compared it to a short version of Munchkin, which made me leery because my wife and kids don't like aggressive games so much, but this one turned out to be pretty mild. The shortness of the game really helps. "Well, I lost that one, but let's go again!" It's not as frustrating as playing a game for an hour and then losing. There's a lot of randomness, but the asymmetry of the decks is nice. I might pick up some of the expansions for more replayability. I think it's still $10 on Amazon, and if you're on the fence I'd recommend it for a quick filler game or to play with your kids.

No pics, but I finally taught my son Funkoverse the other night using the Harry Potter set. We played the intro game and then a full scenario. It really is a fun little strategy battle game, and the Funko characters and mix-and-match design make it entertaining. It was a close game, and my son reached 10 points first, but then I tied him before the round was over and came from behind to win in the next round. And I realized after the game that I'd gotten so caught up that I hadn't made any "dumb" moves to give him an advantage. I was playing to win the whole time and it was still really close. This is quite a departure from the Dungeon Mayhem game which plays quick and has lots of randomness. Funkoverse is 45-60 minutes and there isn't much randomness except the dice rolls to resolve battles. Everything else you have to plan out. My son didn't like strategy games at first (Stratego was not a hit), but he's slowly coming around. I've got about 5 of the Funkoverse sets so far, so we'll add in some other characters next time.

My son kicked my ass at Dragonwood last night, 38-22. I like this little game. Good chance to use the dragon playmats to roll some dice too.

IMG_20200707_222711453.jpg

I'm excited to get this one to the table with the family, maybe tomorrow. I just finished punching it and reading all the rules.

IMG_20200725_180735152.jpg

We're also in the middle of a game of Stuffed Fables, but it doesn't seem like everyone else is enjoying it a lot. :(

Last weekend we resumed Pandemic Legacy Season 1 at my friend's house after a 2.5 year break! We might continue tomorrow. We've been barely losing multiple times and now Asia is a zombie wasteland.

Amazon had some games on sale the other day and I picked up a couple to play with the family. I'm digging Dungeon Mayhem for a quick little game to play with the kids or for a light game with friends hanging out at a brewery.

IMG_20200730_212740654.jpg

Picked this up last week. Had played at my friend’s a few times and decided to get it. Played the single player variant a few times and it was fun.
F4C0B126-295F-4D8A-B894-C883F60B4ECF.jpeg

Last edited:
Have any of you custom printed a playmat?
We haven't played much board games in recent months. But pre-covid I was thinking of having some made for certain games.

Like 7 Wonders Duel & Jaipur. BGG has some you can download the design.

Alright, super self promotion but I’m pretty happy we took this step. We published a game! It’s hand made still, but many of the hand made people have stopped recently so I wanted to fill that gap. 20 sold so far :)
That's super cool! What's it like? Who is in the group of "we?" No 3D printed pieces?

we is my wife and I lol. big group I know.

no 3D printed pieces. keeping it simple for now and honestly my printers are full up on work anyways lol. I need a third as soon as I make space

Debating on pulling the trigger on this, still has a couple weeks to go. What do you think @Anthony Martino ?

http://kck.st/2IHrJ8E

View attachment 561388

ANOTHER ONE FAAAAALLLLLLLSSS!

Loved the PC game, they're working on a sequel, the atmosphere and voiceover narration was fantastic. Just remember to approach the video game with the realization that your heroes are disposable/replaceable resources, your "character" is your town that you upgrade.

All things considered, these aren't that bad. Though obviously more expensive than other slugged options.
That's what I thought too. They had to custom make that "mold", which is not cheap, and I think it looks really good. We should see if GPI will let BGG make that same mold for some clay chips, yeah!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom