Board Gamers, show us your loot! (1 Viewer)

I played it for the first time at GenCon in 2018. I really liked the game, but I fear that is is a little too complex for my usual gaming group. Because of that, I have not pulled the trigger to buy it.

Let me know if it plays well solo or 2 player. That could be the extra umph it needs to make me pick it up.

This showed up just in time for me to play it with no one lol
77157162-6519-466F-8327-C12DAF17A975.jpeg

I have the base and the expansion from the first kickstarter. great game IMO; I'd probably still rather play time of crisis but this is faster

Anyone backing that Frosthaven kickstarter?
I actually just backed it for $1 while I think about it. I like Gloomhaven, but I haven't played it in a while since my group switched to D&D. I think it would be fun to play it with my son though, maybe this summer.

I'm only like 6-7 scenarios into Gloomhaven and I just bought a binder to organize everything instead of having the box inserts and stuff. Really wanting to back Frosthaven too just because the MSRP will be that much higher

I got sucked in by the GameNerdz deal of the day: Fireball Island for $38. I think my kids will like this one. My son loves watching marble races on youtube, so he might be drawn in by the marbles. And while I was there I grabbed the Terraforming Mars Prelude expansion, which I've heard is very good.

Nice, my full order from the kickstarter is still sitting in the shrink wrap

some people asked me for a cheaper option than the 3d printed tile holders so I created a design I could laser cut and ship quickly as a kit to keep it cheap
DSC00518_DxO.jpg
DSC00526_DxO.jpg
DSC00528_DxO.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00529_DxO.jpg
    DSC00529_DxO.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 94
Birdcage in bottom left to show chippers could store 16000 chips in cages on one Kallax

View attachment 453725

I had ordered a second dresser and set of kallax shelves but Ikea decided to cancel the second order and refund me due to the virus. Pretty annoyed as I want to see it done.
Looks great. I envy those of you who got into gaming after "coffin box" games went out of style. :unsure:

Birdcage in bottom left to show chippers could store 16000 chips in cages on one Kallax

View attachment 453725

I had ordered a second dresser and set of kallax shelves but Ikea decided to cancel the second order and refund me due to the virus. Pretty annoyed as I want to see it done.
@saleen121212... I notice you have Scythe -- which BTW is an incredible game IMHO. Curious how you like Trajan. I own it but have somehow never gotten around to playing it. Also, how do you like PowerGrid. I've wanted to buy it but haven't pulled the trigger yet.. You must be on Boardgamegeek. Did you happen to back Frosthaven? I don't see a Gloomhaven box on the shelf.

Axis is a great game. I have spent many, many hours playing it instead of studying during college.

I'm not familiar with Thurn and Taxis, but the "Game of the Year" mark is a very good measure of a decent game.

@saleen121212... I notice you have Scythe -- which BTW is an incredible game IMHO. Curious how you like Trajan. I own it but have somehow never gotten around to playing it. Also, how do you like PowerGrid. I've wanted to buy it but haven't pulled the trigger yet.. You must be on Boardgamegeek. Did you happen to back Frosthaven? I don't see a Gloomhaven box on the shelf.

Hey buddy. I actually have not played any of those yet either lol. The virus hit right after I started collecting so play time has been far and few. I am on boardgamegeek and I did back Frosthaven for $1 to get into the backerit. But I haven't decided what I am going to do yet. I would love to own gloomhaven and frosthaven, but at the same time I just don't see myself being able to play them enough to be worth it.

My current favorite games in no order are

Castles of burgundy
Terraforming mars
Brass birmingham
Barrage

I like games with some economic aspect, plus you get to use chips as money!

Most of the games I really love are easy to teach and play but difficult to master or be good at. The depth of strategy provides a lot of replay ability and they aren't over complicated just to be complicated.

Trajan is great, if you like Feld games. Have you played any of his others? I would say that Castles of Burgundy is probably not the best comparison. The mancala mechanic is very unique and it is very much a multiplayer solitaire euro like most Feld games.

Power Grid is a great game as well. It's a classic. It's relatively simple mechanics wise but there is a lot of player interaction and the auctions and area control give you plenty to focus on and come back to again and again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom