Board Gamers Poker Chip Interest Thread (4 Viewers)

I added a thread in the Complaints forum over there - there was a lot of good stuff in that thread, it would be nice to get that back even if the ordering stuff goes away.

It must have been nuked very quickly.

@Apache, I'm guessing you are already talking to the BGG people, but if not or if you need help, I'm sure there are people here who could assist. (I'm one of them I suppose.)

I had a similar thread on Board Game Geek but they kicked me off. I guess this is not allowed their site.
Yep:
Advertising and other Self-Promotion
Promoting goods or services in which you have a personal stake is not permitted

This includes ALL crowdfunding campaigns (e.g. kickstarter, indigogo), whether you created it, backed it, or are just interested.
This includes giving incentives in return for users manipulating site stats - this can also result in the manipulated content being removed from the site.
Advertising a promotional contest held on another site falls under the same rules as holding an unofficial contest detailed above.
A new product or service relevant to the topic of this site may be announced in a single post in the Press Releases forum. Contact the Community Manager if you have questions about if your post is appropriate.
Promoting sales you have in the Marketplace is not permitted without explicit permission from the Community Manager
Promoting a current geeklist auction is permitted in the Geekbay forum. The geeklist itself must include language stating that you will pay the 3% commission on sales facilitated by the site, as required by the Terms of Service.
Forum moderators have the final say in determining whether a given post is inappropriate.
Geek Community Rules
… but deleting the interest thread was definitely overkill.

Last edited:
Separate ordering question (sorry for all the posts!):

I'm planning on using blank .25s and 25s for 2s and 200s. Will there be any other chips produced with this mold (solids, etc.)? I have a couple joke denominations I'd like to do (but don't require).

I have 4 people at hand who are interested in a German group buy and I may be able to interest even more if I’d know more about shipping terms. I suspect 3000 would be possible, maybe even more, if you are able to ship that many in one package. (Cp. question in interest thread.)
Yes. It will cost around $.10 each chip.
If it’s just a flat fee of $.10 per chip, there’s no incentive to organize a group buy (for more than 850 chips).
A 70 lbs (~31.75 kg) parcel to Germany (Priority Mail International) should cost $199.85 + ~$20 insurance (> $500 value) according to USPS. Would you be able to use this and can you confirm this price? How many chips could you ship with one 70 lbs parcel?

Separate ordering question (sorry for all the posts!):

I'm planning on using blank .25s and 25s for 2s and 200s. Will there be any other chips produced with this mold (solids, etc.)? I have a couple joke denominations I'd like to do (but don't require).

No solids will be offered at this time. A no cash value label might be created.

If it’s just a flat fee of $.10 per chip, there’s no incentive to organize a group buy (for more than 850 chips).
A 70 lbs (~31.75 kg) parcel to Germany (Priority Mail International) should cost $199.85 + ~$20 insurance (> $500 value) according to USPS. Would you be able to use this and can you confirm this price? How many chips could you ship with one 70 lbs parcel?

Yes a 70 pound package will cost around $200 plus insurance. 70 pounds equals around 3500 chips.

No solids will be offered at this time. A no cash value label might be created.

The alternate labels I'd be interested in would be a light blue $1 to replace the $10 and maybe a yellow $20 to replace the $1000. I'd love to get a feel for how the yellow looks in a stack though, I'm a little concerned by the ratio of edge spot to base color there.

Thanks for putting this together, I think the chips look great. I'm putting my pre-order amount on the other thread.

If we purchase blanks and labels separately will the labels just be black and white or could we specify a color chip to match? Like StormCrow mentioned, I think there would be some interest in at least light blue 10, yellow 20 and orange 2,000 labels.

Also, any rough cost for the labels? Thanks!

Couple quick questions (sorry if I missed the answers):
1) Will the chips come prelabeled or will I have to apply the labels?
2) For a specific color/denomination, are there minimum amounts? Are they sold in set amounts (20 chips, 25 chips, or something like that) or can I buy any number of a given color/denomination?

Thanks.

Chips are pre labeled. If you buy blanks and other labels, those you have to do yourself. Somebody will chime in if I am incorrect.
Usually you have to buy china clays in multiples of 25. They are manufactured 25-at-a-time and come 25 in each plastic sleeve.

It would be great if there would be options for some of the color combinations...

Such as...

Yellow 20 label for the yellow chips
Grey 1000 label for the grey chips.
Also, some prefer 2's of some color

Would this sort of mix-n-match be a possibility?

Found this breakdown for Monopoly in another thread. Will this work OK?

25 - $1
25 - $5
50 - $25
50 - $100
50 - $500

Found this breakdown for Monopoly in another thread. Will this work OK?

25 - $1
25 - $5
50 - $25
50 - $100
50 - $500

Old Monopoly sets come with the following:
40x $1
40x $5
40x $10
50x $20
30x $50
20x $100
20x $500

New sets come with 30 of each denomination but I've never played this.

Personally, I would do the following if limited to ordering in multiples of 25:
50x $1
50x $5
50x $20
50x $100
25x $500 (or 50x for round numbers)

For a slightly larger bank than the old sets. Starting stack of 5/7/3/4/2.

If not limited to multiples of 25 then I would buy the following 200 chip set:
40x $1
50x $5
50x $20
40x $100
20x $500

Thanks for putting this together, I think the chips look great. I'm putting my pre-order amount on the other thread.

If we purchase blanks and labels separately will the labels just be black and white or could we specify a color chip to match? Like StormCrow mentioned, I think there would be some interest in at least light blue 10, yellow 20 and orange 2,000 labels.

Also, any rough cost for the labels? Thanks!

Around $.12 each.

New user coming over from BGG here. These chips look awesome!

Two questions (sorry if they've already been answered):

1) How much does shipping cost in general for 400 chips? Or to 80124 specifically?
2) These chips should be treated as a one-time purchase, correct? These won't be available in the future if we want more?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom