Board Gamers Poker Chip Interest Thread (5 Viewers)

I thought i saw some comments in this thread and the order thread as well as other threads about folks wanting a 2 and 200 chip. Are there games that it makes sense to use these instead of 2 - 1 chips or 2 -1000 chips?

Thread is back on BGG. Don't know the details, don't care, but I think 30k chips is easy at this point.

Probably answered somewhere already but are most people using these for non-poker games or a mix?

Sorry if this has been asked, but if the labels are colored to match the chip, will alternate label colors be available by request (or uncolored)? I prefer California colors because it naturally matches the distribution that works for 18xx (although this isn't popular with 18xx'ers) and is a well-established coloring system. It also happens to work for the china clay set I've been learning on, for which the gray favored for $20 isn't available but the California colors are. At this point I'm somewhat committed, having spent a good bit of time with it.

1 - blue
2 - green
5 - yellow
20 - black
100 - white

I'd like labels, but noticed that they've been colored to match the chips in your diagram and would therefore be unappealing for my purposes unless I could get them in neutral or California colors.

https://poker.fandom.com/wiki/Chip_colors#California_colors

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/pocketaces/images/2/2a/Chips_bay101_all.jpg

I'm surprised that the 50 denomination chips are pink instead of orange. I think all the 50's I've seen in 18xx games have been orange, to the extent that I thought this was somehow a convention. Are pink 50's widely used?
P.S. Please can someone post the link to the BGG thread again?

I'm surprised that the 50 denomination chips are pink instead of orange. I think all the 50's I've seen in 18xx games have been orange, to the extent that I thought this was somehow a convention. Are pink 50's widely used?
P.S. Please can someone post the link to the BGG thread again?
50's are usually dark blue, 2000's are orange

Sorry if this has been asked, but if the labels are colored to match the chip, will alternate label colors be available by request (or uncolored)? I prefer California colors because it naturally matches the distribution that works for 18xx (although this isn't popular with 18xx'ers) and is a well-established coloring system. It also happens to work for the china clay set I've been learning on, for which the gray favored for $20 isn't available but the California colors are. At this point I'm somewhat committed, having spent a good bit of time with it.

1 - blue
2 - green
5 - yellow
20 - black
100 - white

I'd like labels, but noticed that they've been colored to match the chips in your diagram and would therefore be unappealing for my purposes unless I could get them in neutral or California colors.

https://poker.fandom.com/wiki/Chip_colors#California_colors

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/pocketaces/images/2/2a/Chips_bay101_all.jpg

If you want to pay to have labels made from abc they will make any colored label you would like.

It looks like at least 30,000 chips are accounted for so I will get get in touch with the manufacturer for final pricing.
I might also make an NCV chip for the set.
D92CFBD3-B415-4756-9BD0-63714B18DB0B.jpeg

I thought i saw some comments in this thread and the order thread as well as other threads about folks wanting a 2 and 200 chip. Are there games that it makes sense to use these instead of 2 - 1 chips or 2 -1000 chips?

Some folks like to have the 2's handy for giving out change. I've played 18xx before with 2's. Also, at the end, the 200's make some of the payouts easier, in some players' estimation. Others, of course, stick to the standard 1/5/20/100/500 breakdown.

If you want to pay to have labels made from abc they will make any colored label you would like.

So is abc producing the standard labels for these chips? IIRC I've seen Gear mentioned as the producers of the labels for the Apache Majestics, and I've seen reports from someone who ordered custom $20 labels and they matched perfectly. Just want to make sure I get my alternate color/denomination labels from the right place :)

@Apache - Looked and couldn't find the answer:

1. Are unlabeled chips the same price as labelled? If no, how much per unlabelled?
2. What is the inlay diameter?

@Apache

Hi Josh, will the pink chip in this set be the same vibrant pink as the Royal pink chip?
Cheers,
Adam

@Apache, is the design on these chips decided now, or are you still accepting feedback?

I think they look great, and I realize that the target market is boardgamers, but as the only stock chip set (that I know of) that has a T2000, it would be a great set for the minority of poker players that want T2000 if the difference between the 500 and 2000 was bigger. Also, adding a 5000 would make it more desirable for the majority (non T2000 camp) of poker players. Just my opinion, which is most often wrong :tdown:

It looks like at least 30,000 chips are accounted for so I will get get in touch with the manufacturer for final pricing.
I might also make an NCV chip for the set.
View attachment 319626
Would be absolutely awesome if there was a possibility to order single copies of this NCV chip, so it could serve as a Priority Deal marker!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom