Board Gamers Poker Chip Interest Thread (4 Viewers)

Questions:
1 - "The chips will be $.34 each for all those that send payment by 9/1/19" - does this imply it is that price only if you pay in full for all your chips, or does the deposit lock in that price?
2 - The NCV chip - is it only available in orange?
3 - Do we need to put our email address here in a public forum?
4 - Do we specify here labeled vs. unlabeled?

Everything is in one place under Apache Poker Chips Forum. :cool

2019-08-26_10-03-20.png

2019-08-26_10-02-17.png

Questions:
1 - "The chips will be $.34 each for all those that send payment by 9/1/19" - does this imply it is that price only if you pay in full for all your chips, or does the deposit lock in that price?
Full payment will be due once the chips ship from China.
Yes, only Orange. Or you can order blanks and labels from ABC.
Yes, how else would he know what breakdown of labeled/unlabeled chips to order?

I like the chips and signed up to share in the order. I'll go for 600 labeled. Will try the payment thread and see if I can post there or if I'm too new. Thanks!

Questions:
3 - Do we need to put our email address here in a public forum?

1. Locked in at this price as long as you pay by 9/1/19.
2. Yes
3. No
4. Would help me.

@Apache Paid deposit, have a question about labels: will ABC have labels with custom denominations and specific background colors? For example: a $20 label with yellow background?

Lots of people want just 1 NCV. Can you just throw one in each order? :)
Ditto. Maybe a small premium for individual orders, like $1/chip instead of $0.34. I suspect that if the minimum order is 25 for the NCV somewhere close to zero will be sold. I certainly have no use for 25 of them.

Only orange is a little disappointing, I'd prefer an NCV in a color that doesn't match the other chips I'm ordering so it's hard to accidentally lose it when cleaning up the chips after a game. Unfortunately unlabeled blanks with custom labels (which presumably includes NCV labels in the appropriate color) are also minimum 25, so that doesn't solve the problem.

Is it possible to get a confirmation of deposit having arrived? I was messaged by another member here who said that putting “PCF” in the PayPal notes has caused problems in the past for other members, as it gets flagged by PayPal.

Also, I have been crunching the numbers on international postage to Australia for the group buy j am managing (currently 1500 chips, likely to rise) and it looks like doing multiple orders of 850 will be better value postage wise than one large order by weight. Can I get a confirmation that this will be possible with one deposit paid? Happy to do further deposits or whatever to assist if you will need to invoice separately.

For a name for the chip set I suggest “Barons”. This is a nod to the Rail Barons of the 19th century that inspired the development of the 18xx genre and appear in the full name of 1830: Railways and Robber Barons.

Is it possible to get a confirmation of deposit having arrived? I was messaged by another member here who said that putting “PCF” in the PayPal notes has caused problems in the past for other members, as it gets flagged by PayPal.

Also, I have been crunching the numbers on international postage to Australia for the group buy j am managing (currently 1500 chips, likely to rise) and it looks like doing multiple orders of 850 will be better value postage wise than one large order by weight. Can I get a confirmation that this will be possible with one deposit paid? Happy to do further deposits or whatever to assist if you will need to invoice separately.

For a name for the chip set I suggest “Barons”. This is a nod to the Rail Barons of the 19th century that inspired the development of the 18xx genre and appear in the full name of 1830: Railways and Robber Barons.
Where in Oz are you mate? I think one deposit, for one order, in multiples of 850 will probably ensure an $85 per package postage rate.

Did some perusing of railroad terminology to help conjure a name for the set:

Highball, redball, fireball, hotshot - a fast train or going fast
Blackjacks - black coal cars
Railfan - railroad enthusiast
Gods of Iron - big locomotives
High Iron - fast main track

From here: http://www.catskillarchive.com/rrextra/glossry1.Html

Names inspired by trains:

Cannonballs
Zephyrs
Rockets

One $60 deposit will cover it. I can ship you up to 1700 chips for $170.

borrowed from the order thread, I think "The Bank" is the perfect name for this set.

Thanks for confirming. I am going to be revising the total number up, just finalising with the crew now but we’re landing at about 2425 chips. Will fall in with the same scale of shipping cost? We are essentially aiming for 3x 850 lots assuming the 85 dollars per 850 holds true in bulk.

Thanks for creating this set! Couple of questions -
1. How vibrant are the colors exactly? Comparing the picture on the order thread to those of blank majestics, the colors appear more saturated. Will the final product be close to this or the majestic line? I do not have the Royals for comparison
2. The labels appear to be smaller than those on the labeled majestics, which I find very appealing. Is that accurate or will the labels end up being the same size?

How much flexibility is there in shifting an order after placing the deposit? I know what I'm ordering, but I have a few other friends who might be joining for a group order. If I put in an order for 450 now, would I be able to bump it up to something like 800 later before things are invoiced? I'm more than happy putting in the $60 deposit in case they bump things over the 750 mark, but I can also try to push them for a decision if orders also need to be locked in by 9/1.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom