Blades V.2 add-on--need help designing a 100 GBP chip (1 Viewer)

boyo25guy

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Phantom's excellent Blades V.2 cash set is making its way to the U.S. as I post, and I'm planning on doing an add-on to make the set playable in a 1-2 game. As long as I'm adding on, I'd like to add a 100 GBP chip to the set, but I need some help--I really love the set as is, and don't want to weaken it by adding a chip that doesn't fit. Here are some pictures of the set as-is:

blades-v-2-013-jpg.104485

photos-january-2017-028-jpg.104488

I've mocked up a couple of ideas, but would love to get the board's input on what the 100 GBP chip should be. I definitely want it to fit in with the existing color palette. Fitting in with the spot progression would also be nice, although given that this is the big chip in the group, it can be a bit of an outlier. I don't really have a great eye for some of this stuff, but here are some initial ideas:

upload_2017-7-28_20-54-6.png

upload_2017-7-28_21-0-40.png

upload_2017-7-28_21-1-12.png

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I definitely think a lavender base would look great with the rest of the set. Phantoms idea looks really nice and he did design the originals. Another similar option could be.
IMG_0700.jpg

I agree that the lavender base is a good option, and I do like it with the oranges that Phantom selected. I'm not completely sold on the 3TA316 (although I could probably get there). What's everybody's take on these alternatives?

upload_2017-7-30_11-37-36.png

upload_2017-7-30_11-38-34.png

upload_2017-7-30_11-39-0.png

upload_2017-7-30_11-39-24.png

Too much Dayglo Tiger?

I agree that the lavender base is a good option, and I do like it with the oranges that Phantom selected. I'm not completely sold on the 3TA316 (although I could probably get there). What's everybody's take on these alternatives?

View attachment 111886
View attachment 111887
View attachment 111888

View attachment 111889

Too much Dayglo Tiger?
The 3ta316 is the closest you can get to the bellagio/aria $500, or leave out a color like my purple mockup... if you don't care about the original base for all the chips then pick whichever spots look coolest(y) :thumbsup:

Lavender base is okay, but given the existing white $1 and black $20, I'd probably go with a combination of lighter blue/gray/maroon..... while typically avoiding darker blue and most reds:

blaydes_25-20.jpg

blaydes_100s.png

Since the set looks to be a tribute to the Aria High Roller Chips you can always do something from that set of chips like the $25,000 or the $500 chip
Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 1.51.52 PM.png
Unknown-1.png

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm definitely leaning toward Phantom's suggestion at this point, but I also like many of the other ideas posted. I should get to see the chips in person in a couple of days, which I'm hoping will help me make the decision. I'm really glad that there are so many people here with eyes for this kind of thing who are willing to help out. Thanks again!

If only he didn't already have a red white and blue chip in the set :)

Yes, that was hard to miss.

But that's a white chip with red and blue spots.

This is a blue chip, with red and white spots. And the white spots are very, very narrow. Really, I don't think there's much chance of confusion. I can see someone wanting more color variation, but it's worth considering.

upload_2017-7-31_2-23-54.png

Besides, in most reasonable worlds, they won't even play together.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom