Big10 CPC Design (2 Viewers)

TKEUofM

Flush
Reaction score
After multiple iterations and feedback from the forum, I've updated my Michigan themed CPC set. Originally I had all edge spots maize and blue, someone suggested a Big10 theme but keep the M logo in the middle to tie the Michigan theme across the set. And I also have players in my group that represent multiple schools, so here is my update:

$0.25 and $1 - Michigan Maize and Blue Theme
$5 - Indiana/Wisconsin/Nebraska/Rutgers
$25 - Michigan State
$100 - Iowa
$500 - Northwestern
$1,000 - Ohio State (as painful as it is to do)
$5,000 - Illinois

Big Ten Set.png

Other option would be to boot out Ohio State and replace with a Maryland $1,000.

1607537362510.png

Thoughts? Further feedback? Thanks!

Last edited:
Fixed the original post... Looks like red and white can cover a lot of the Big10

Hahaha just messing with you, I missed the note where you were keeping that hideous "M" across the board. :LOL: :laugh:

I like the concept, having gone to school out in the mid-west, I have a lot of love for the big 10, it's a great football conference. The main concern I'd have with the lineup is the quarter and $100, those two color combos are going to be indistinguishable on the table, even in good lighting.

Hahaha just messing with you, I missed the note where you were keeping that hideous "M" across the board. :LOL: :laugh:

I like the concept, having gone to school out in the mid-west, I have a lot of love for the big 10, it's a great football conference. The main concern I'd have with the lineup is the quarter and $100, those two color combos are going to be indistinguishable on the table, even in good lighting.
$0.25, $1, and $5 would be for cash games. $25-$5,000 for tournament. Our cash games are never big enough to ever need a $100 chip in play.

Since you still have un represented teams you could always add a $20 to top end your cash set. If the game ever grows you’ll be happy to have it.

$0.25 and $1 - Michigan Maize and Blue Theme
$5 - Indiana/Wisconsin/Nebraska/Rutgers
$25 - Michigan State
$100 - Iowa
$500 - Northwestern
$1,000 - Ohio State (as painful as it is to do)
$5,000 - Illinois

Switch your 0.25 and 1, make yellow quarters and #TeamBlueDollar

And screw Ohio State, Make Illinois your orange 1000, and do Minnesota Maroon for 5000. (Not that I am a Gopher lover, despite my residence.)

Are you not concerned about dirty stacks with the 25c and $1 at all?!?

using the same exact 2 colors next to each is not going to go well.

If you really have your heart set on both of those chips being Michigan colors, take some liberty with the shade of blue and yellow for 1 of them. And use a different spot pattern. Something with different size/number of spots.

a set that is going to be used needs to function first, look good second.

Ok, here are some changes. Not sure about the Maroon, might be too close to the black. I have a color sample so I'll have to see.

Frac and $1 swapped. And thinner edge spots on the frac.

1607545300228.png
1607545354114.png

Illinois switched to $1,000
1607545400829.png

Minnesota $5k
1607545502682.png

I like the set as you presented it in post #6, with the very welcome adaptation of the frac to 418 spot style (in spot #23).
I would also advise against using the Canary again (actually, for the third time in this set) on the hundo; I 'd try something with light blue and DG Yellow there.

giphy_s.gif

(Jk, this is a fun set - can’t wait to see how it turns out!)

Are you not concerned about dirty stacks with the 25c and $1 at all?!?

using the same exact 2 colors next to each is not going to go well.

If you really have your heart set on both of those chips being Michigan colors, take some liberty with the shade of blue and yellow for 1 of them. And use a different spot pattern. Something with different size/number of spots.

a set that is going to be used needs to function first, look good second.
Not sure how a dirty stack would happen, one is a dark blue chip and the other is a yellow chip. With small pattern edge spots I think it would be very obvious what the primary color of the chip is.

I like the set as you presented it in post #6, with the very welcome adaptation of the frac to 418 spot style (in spot #23).
I would also advise against using the Canary again (actually, for the third time in this set) on the hundo; I 'd try something with light blue and DG Yellow there.
Only issue is that I'm trying to represent College Football team colors. Unfortunately there is a lot of repeating colors and limited color options on the CPC designer.

1607549783098.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom