"Big" PLO8 hand against a maniac (1 Viewer)

Hero flat calls after too much experience with maniac playing 'alternative hands' in these situations and flops coming like 4 9 9 and me being up poop creek.

Pot - approximately $90

SB Maniac - $180
UTG Hero - $180 effective

Hero still has :as::2h::3s::4d::qh:

Flop comes :2s::5s::qd:

SB pots for $90

Action on hero.
Are you trolling us now?

Hero flat calls after too much experience with maniac playing 'alternative hands' in these situations and flops coming like 4 9 9 and me being up poop creek.

Pot - approximately $90

SB Maniac - $180

SB pots for $90

Action on hero.
Obvious fold.

Pot - approximately $90

SB Maniac - $180

SB pots for $90

Action on hero.

If you need any feedback at this point in the hand we are going to have to have a talk mister. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

What...are you guys used to only losing hands being posted? :)

Like I said up front, more of a preflop discussion.

Hero jams. Maniac kvitzes for like 30 seconds after which I tell him he's clearly crushed, which makes him call with...

A457Q two diamonds

Turn is the offsuit 4 to bring the wheel, river brings a 6 of spades.

Villian reloads.

Hero chuckles.

Some days the decisions are difficult. But not this one. Hero is way ahead and should get it in.

However . . . . . . . . Some days the villain's hand wins this pot. Hero misses the low and misses the flush giving the whole pot to villain. Or, Hero wins the low and villain wins the high. Or maybe we get a chop both ways. Hero's hand in no sure winner, but it is a solid favorite.

Maybe we should sacrifice a chicken for luck? -=- DrStrange

A457Q two diamonds
And this is why we exploit our 85% PFR maniacs at PLO8.

Simulator has you at about 58% preflop, and I don't doubt you could find yourself up against much worse in this villain's range, though it doesn't get a whole lot better than being a 3:2 favorite preflop in this game.

And this is why we exploit our 85% PFR maniacs at PLO8.

Simulator has you at about 58% preflop, and I don't doubt you could find yourself up against much worse in this villain's range, though it doesn't get a whole lot better than being a 3:2 favorite preflop in this game.
Ya at big o I’m even surprised that ranks 58%.

Ya at big o I’m even surprised that ranks 58%.
Preflop hand values vary a little more at high-low, I believe, at least when there's potential for a low.

They vary a lot more when your opponent is terrible at poker and throws his money away with obvious second-best hands (even that's a bit generous here). Raising so many hands that your opponents even casually believe you're raising 85% is way off the scales, and you just can't get away with that kind of thing in O8 (fixed limit more so than pot limit, but it's crucial in both).

Against decent opponents, I'd never want to go in for deep stacks with just a low hand. AA23x is basically the minimum you want to be holding to be involved for 4 bets or more. If it had been UTG+1 who'd 3-bet, it's a flat call all day, and I'd readily fold A234Q against significant aggression from multiple tight opponents.

But with the maniacs, you gotta force them to empty their pockets on their bullshit openers sometimes, and this wasn't a bad spot for it.

Nice hand, sorry I am late to the party. But I am going to be the contrarian and say I would make this a standard limp pre from early position. If there is ever a hand with which you want to see an 8-way flop, this is it. Anything you make with this hand can crush a big field and you are un-counterfitable (is a word now, stfu spell check) on any low that comes in. You'll make straights and flushes. By raising you risk someone else isolating you, which isn't great because all of our nutty high potential is in flushes and KJT flops. Thankfully, the right villian did isolate you and you were able to stack a guy. But I really think limping is the play just to avoid inducing a 3 bet that thins the field. In late position, I would raise with this for sure, I might flat a raise ahead of me to induce the blinds though as well. If the limp gets raised from a spot where a limp-3 bet would add a ton of money to the pot. You mission is to do what gets the most money in here, not thin the field. 7 villians could make expensive second best hands here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom