Big Nutz (1 Viewer)

Sparkynutz

Flush
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
Anybody heard of a more inexpensive Tina's mold type chip in larger sizes?
Or is ceramic my only option?
May be a tad costly for 10 players worth of cash chips.

Thinking about my first run of custom unconventional denom chips. What's everyone's thoughts?

47mm fracs
2c
10c
50c
60mm
$2
$10
$40

Theme-
Big Nutz
Go Big or Go Home
on 80mm Dealer button or maybe rolling edge if ceramic is the only option in that large of size.
Just Send it on All In chips

If you can't afford a 600 set of 43mm card molds, then your budget is probably way too small. Remember, these are fully custom, and you won't see that at this price point anywhere else.

Evaluate samples.
I never said I couldn't afford a standard 43mm cards mold set but that's also not Go Big or Go Home territory. 43mm is still an often used standard size.
I regularly see 47mm accessory button sizes in ceramic for around $1 a chip which is totally in budget and bigger is better right?
If going all ceramic $5+ per chip for the 200 or so 60mm would get pricey real fast along with who knows how much for 80mm dealer/all in buttons on top of that since I can't even find anything about them except a mere mention of them while searching.

If no mold is an option for those 3 sizes I'd assume it would be half or less the price of ceramics. But maybe I'm wrong too. I've never seen anybody make a set that size so that makes me want to do it that way even more.
If my math is right all ceramic 600 chip set would cost $2-3k all in.

Last edited:
What stakes are you playing? Those denominations are very unusual. Most would go for .05 .25 1 5 20/25 100 and I guess .01 if you're playing penny poker

My ceramic mix set I use 43 and 47, l like the 47 but I wouldn’t want to go much larger than 50mm

Unless you have blind people in the game but then what would you do about the cards?

Hmm. Bigger cards could be cool too but shuffling would suck. Large font will have to do.

43mm and 47mm would cut the cost greatly but not sure I'd want them that close in size. 47mm would be the workhorse.

Guessing ideal breakdown would be similar to-
47mm
2c x 100
10c x100
50c x200
60mm
$2 x 140
$10 x 50
$40 x 10

Really looking forward to the circus games cards this summer. We'll most likely be playing mostly Limit circus games with this set. 50c or $2 depending on who's playing or what's being played.

I'm thinking that all 47+mm chips would get unwieldy. Thickness counts, too. Really tall and wide stacks.

Then again, I'm contemplating an all plaque set myself, so go for it.

But at the same time, at your budget, you can get custom CPC.

We are just getting ready to order some 47mm chips from BRPro for our league member chips this next season. I was also going to say that the 47mm chips are the same thickness as the smaller 39mm and 43mm chips.

43mm is still an often used standard size.
I disagree, 43mm would ONLY seem somewhat standard if you spent too much time on here. It’s actually rare to go to a home game and find anything other than 39mm slugs. I’ve been an avid player for years, and have never seen a proper set in the wild.

When you do see 43s, it ceramics, I’ve seen 2 auctions over the last two years for clay 43s and they typically don’t get purchased because of cost.

48 mm fat hats are such you could maybe build something with but that is a $10+ option.

The card molds would still cost more that the target demographic would pay, which is why it’s not a thing.

I think there is maybe 3 or 4 playable Paulson sets that are 43+ everything else is higher denoms. And I would bet Goldie’s set sees the most felt

It’s also hard to create a rack that has the .02 denom on it, buy 100 of them even at the 1000 chip price and pay $140 for a rack that has a value of $2.

If you do it they will be a 1 of a kind!

It’s also hard to create a rack that has the .02 denom on it, buy 100 of them even at the 1000 chip price and pay $140 for a rack that has a value of $2.

If you do it they will be a 1 of a kind!

The only time the 2c would be used is with family etc. Could maybe even get away with 39 or 43mm for those to save a buck.

You need to be more concerned with standard 3.3mm chip thickness than with just the diameter -- 60mm ceramic chips are too thick (as are most 50mm ceramics).

Good playable 3.3mm thick ceramic options include 43mm, 47mm, and some 50mm chips from China. If you want something larger than 50mm, go with ceramic plaques.

Any of Tina's options would work fine.

39 -.02 x 100
43 - Non Denom x 100 ( can be .05 / .1 / .25)
43 - .5 x 200
47 - 2 x 140
47 - Non Denom x 60
Plaque - 40 x 10

You need to be more concerned with standard 3.3mm chip thickness than with just the diameter -- 60mm ceramic chips are too thick (as are most 50mm ceramics).

Good playable 3.3mm thick ceramic options include 43mm, 47mm, and some 50mm chips from China. If you want something larger than 50mm, go with ceramic plaques.

Any of Tina's options would work fine.

I wouldn't mind and actually would prefer thicker chips for the $40 maybe even the $10.
Mixing in a few different sizes or plaques is an option but would make storage as a set not very simple requiring many different tray sizes.
One tray size for fracs and one for dollars would be handy plus it would be kinda cool if the barrel count of the $40 was less being thicker since I won't need that many of those anyways.

I found this doing some more searching. I didn't know there were that many other size options. Samples and pricing may need to come next.

Actually now that I think about it, they make several different sizes. I have this photo that Tina sent me a few months ago.

View attachment 757785

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom