Big hand at Donvito’s (1 Viewer)

Shaggy

Full House
Reaction score
Interesting hand at @Donvito ’s last night. This isn’t a strategy thread... but feel free to comment in that regard. Details aren’t given regarding player types.

6 handed late in the night. 25c/50c NLHE.
UTG limps for 50c
Shaggy is in the HJ with :kc::qd: and raises to $3 which is the standard raise in this game.
Button calls. SB calls. BB calls. UTG calls.

Pot: $15
Flop: :th::8c::9c:
Action: checks to Shaggy. Shaggy checks, button checks.

Turn: :js:
Action: checks to Shaggy. Shaggy bets $6, button calls. SB folds, BB c/r to $12, UTG calls.
Shaggy raises to $40.
Button moves all-in for $200.
BB thinks and calls for his remaining $150.
UTG disgustedly calls his remaining $40.
Shaggy covers, calls.

Players turn up their hands:
BB: :qc::tc:
UTG: :jh::td:
Shaggy: :kc::qd:
Button: :ks::qs:

381C9447-AD69-4FD0-9989-D354C9477BFB.jpeg

River: :3c:

BB takes it down.
42912C80-D39A-4294-99BA-82D2A54880E2.jpeg

Fun excitement at the end of the night.

Interesting hand at @Donvito ’s last night. This isn’t a strategy thread... but feel free to comment in that regard. Details aren’t given regarding player types.

6 handed late in the night. 25c/50c NLHE.
UTG limps for 50c
Shaggy is in the HJ with :kc::qd: and raises to $3 which is the standard raise in this game.
Button calls. SB calls. BB calls. UTG calls.

Pot: $15
Flop: :th::8c::9c:
Action: checks to Shaggy. Shaggy checks, button checks.

Turn: :js:
Action: checks to Shaggy. Shaggy bets $6, button calls. SB folds, BB c/r to $12, UTG calls.
Shaggy raises to $40.
Button moves all-in for $200.
BB thinks and calls for his remaining $150.
UTG disgustedly calls his remaining $40.
Shaggy covers, calls.

Players turn up their hands:
BB: :qc::tc:
UTG: :jh::td:
Shaggy: :kc::qd:
Button: :ks::qs:

View attachment 405078

River: :3c:

BB takes it down.
View attachment 405079

Fun excitement at the end of the night.
Noooo river suck out

When button moved all-in, I thought I was getting free rolled by :kc::qc:, but then I rechecked my hand and realized I held the:kc: so that made me feel better. Not surprised BB called with the flush draw... he held second nut straight as well. Got the money in good, that’s all I can ask. ~75% of the time, button and I are cutting BB’s $150 in half.

UTG had to have known after all the action before his final $40 he was only good with a J or 10 on the river, no?

lol... yeah... I'm pretty sure he knew. I'll bet he thought the :jc: was an out however.
Sure, I understand thinking he would have that out but it was still a -EV call even with the :jc:. Guess he was in a grumpy gambling mood.

I'm pretty sure the thought process is... "I may not be ahead, but I can improve... and maybe, just maybe, I am ahead and these guys are just trying to push me around."

Yeah UTG is a fold there :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: should be disgusted with himself for the call, not for the board haha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom