Best way to rip 275 DVDs? (1 Viewer)

BarrieJ3

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Unpacking and came across 250+ DVDs. Can’t remember what year would’ve been the last year we bought one.

Not tech savvy, online searches resulted in Plex and using MakeMKV. Any suggestions for easiest way possible to rip to...an external hard drive? Or can I just rip them all to an online account?

Will most likely say eff it and toss them in the rubbish. Anyone want them all by chance?

image.jpg

I use MakeMKV myself, probably one of the best imo. I just rip them onto my PC, then transfer to an external HD/USB.

I haven't dealt with a DVD in years, but I can tell you that I use Plex to stream from an external hard drive plugged into my router. Works perfectly. Only downside to using Plex is that you need a pc to run the Plex server. Be prepared to leave one on all the time.

I would suggest you subscribe to a VPN service & download the movies from peers who have already done the work of ripping. Technically it wouldn’t be pirating since you own the disc - if you have issues with such details.

I would suggest you subscribe to a VPN service & download the movies from peers who have already done the work of ripping. Technically it wouldn’t be pirating since you own the disc - if you have issues with such details.
the time for searching and DLing that many, I think you could rip them faster with any decent powered PC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom