Tourney Best starting stack for 20k (1 Viewer)

happymeal

Reaction score
What is everyone’s opinion on the best starting stack for a 20 K tournament using $25 chips $100 $500 1000 and 5000 some say 88662 others say 1212562!! How does everyone feel about both starting stocks and which one is better to start with

8/8 is a no go for me! Unless you like hearing "hey can you make change" on about the third hand. Over and over the same ole question 8 vs 12....
My answer is 16/16/12/12 we run this at the Ohio meet up every year and yet to hear a single person say "man this tournament would be better with less chips!" Never an issue making change, and everyone loves the feeling of having a deep stack!
171A4143-FCA3-4A65-BBF4-1D06845F1D00.jpeg.jpg

20211002_143224.jpg

If money and chips are an issue absolutely 8/8 would work. But if you can afford it, and have enough chips, why would you not want to run 12/12

See that’s what I was thinking doing it 12/12/ I always felt like more chips on the table ran a better game and would most likely not cause a problem with needing change, I seem to think people enjoy the game better when they have more chips

Yeah, I just did a 16 person T100 20k with this breakdown:
Chip DenomChips Per Player

It worked well and seemed efficient, but I think I would want more chips if I did it again (for the fun aspect)

If your players are capable of making change quickly, then 8/8/x is fine. If not, then 12/12/x.

/thread

8 12 16 all work there no right or wrong answer here but if you got a Chip hoarder in your game, he still going to end up with most of the lowest denomination chip regardless

Just choose the one you like the most

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the input I have been to games where you get less chips never seem to have a problem we’re making change needed to be in effect tournaments with more withThanks everyone for the input I have been two games where you get less chips never seem to have a problem we’re making changes needed to be in effect tournaments with more chips, I just feel like more chips is more efficient and leaves less opportunity for change making and also everybody also wants more chips

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom