Best Green Chips of All Time? (1 Viewer)

jbutler

Royal Flush
Reaction score
One constant problem in custom set design for me is the green chip. I can never seem to find one I totally love, particularly in the context of having to work with the (very often) white, red, and black chips I'll also be using with it.

So what are everyone's favorite green chips of all time? Maybe I can come back to this thread for inspiration next time I find myself stuck scrolling through the various spot patterns and colors choices.

One of my favorites is a chip that I didn't like at all the first time I saw it. But once I had some in hand in real life, I realized how great they looked and ever since then, even in photos, they've been beautiful to me.

Qe22jW2.png

I'd love to contribute to this thread, but the pic/choice you posted above in the OP (PCA Secondary $25) would be the pic that I also would have posted... (y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:

Green chips are TOUGH. Part of the problem to me is the color palat that works with them is limited and most color combos feel done to the point of cliche.

To most, it's just a hotstamp solid, but to me, it's the $25 from my favorite set (also the highest denom in the set). Soft, leaded Paulson goodness. Extremely difficult to find as well.

25942.jpg

When I get stuck on a chip color I look for colors that work both with the theme and work well with the base color.

For example:
DSC01081.JPG

The first chip in the Zombie Foodie series started with a cheese course. I relate cheese with Wisconsin. I almost cannot think of one without the other. When I think of cheese and Wisconsin, I eventually think of the Green Bay Packers. So yellow and green became a very easy selection for the first chip in the set.

DSC01084.JPG
The last chip in the set was going to cap a set where the T25,000 would see little play. I almost wasn't going to make a T25,000, but david informed me that the T5000 was only going to be made in very small quantities. So I built a chip that combined all the elements of our iconic Zombie - Green (his skin) and Pink (his shirt). The center spot ran through Yellow (closest CPC color to gold, which was the spot color and inlay background color on all our original chips) Black (visor color) and Brown (cigar), but when the inlay looked decidedly like nacho dip, we decided to color the chip to look like the Mexican Flag (Green White Red), but retained the Pink instead of the Red.

TLDR - green is tough, but if you can see what you've done, then you will always have a chip that will make you smile.

@courage I almost included the Cajun Cup quarter in the OP. That's a great one. Maybe I need to break myself of the aversion to using an orange spot on a chip that follows a red chip.

Three of my favorite are the Dunes with 818 spots, High Sierra, and Maxamillion. Le Noir are also purdy.

I started a super popular thread to explore favorite combos here:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/base-and-spot-color-inlay-design-reference.14560/

Don't post any replies in the thread tho or you break forum.

Some of my preferred greens are there, e.g.

81986-jpg.54947

76592-jpg.54943

70438-jpg.54941

67319-jpg.54939

33729-jpg.54921

22945-jpg.54915

22912-jpg.54914

12739-jpg.54912

00688-jpg.54906

76706-jpg.54904

22988-jpg.54888

26076-jpg.54890

140197-jpg.54957

139965-jpg.54956

I like me some green on green action. Also peach, white, some of the brighter purple/lavenders, gray, a bright blue (Peacock, if we're talking CPC, or Light Blue as it's part way blue/gray in some combos).

Gratuitous T1k snaps:

BCC_1000-1.jpg

IMG_1208-1.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom