All-Time Favorite Chip (1 Viewer)

Nev

Reaction score
Sure its a cliche question - What is your all-time favorite chip design?

But as someone new who is trying to get into the hobby, I want to hear some of the favorites of PCF members. All answers are welcome and thanks in advance.

Nev

One of these two

1698078577939.png

1698078909999.png

(pics from Chipguide)

MGM-bite-100-small.jpg

I love this chip for the history and how it was involved in the events at the MGM after the bite night fight, but from a design perspective, this checks many of the design boxes I appreciate. Clear, bold inlay. The color matching helps this a bunch (all the chips from the MGM as part of this issue color match the lion to the base color of the chip). Clean, uncluttered spots are also a big plus in my book.

[EDIT - I had mis-read the OP and thought it was a favorite chip thread and not favorite chip design thread, so I had originally posted the old California Club $5 on the hub mold I have.]

Last edited:
View attachment 1214017
I love this chip for the history and how it was involved in the events at the MGM after the bite night fight, but from a design perspective, this checks many of the design boxes I appreciate. Clear, bold inlay. The color matching helps this a bunch (all the chips from the MGM as part of this issue color match the lion to the base color of the chip). Clean, uncluttered spots are also a big plus in my book.

[EDIT - I had mis-read the OP and thought it was a favorite chip thread and not favorite chip design thread, so I had originally posted the old California Club $5 on the hub mold I have.]

I remember watching the bite fight. Dads friend had ppv. People forget that after the bite they resumed fighting and Mike tried to bite him again. Lol.

But what role did that chip have afterwards.

I remember watching the bite fight. Dads friend had ppv. People forget that after the bite they resumed fighting and Mike tried to bite him again. Lol.

But what role did that chip have afterwards.
From archive.org crawl of a LV Review Journal article the next day:

https://web.archive.org/web/2009021...j_home/1997/Jun-29-Sun-1997/news/5632719.html

[EDIT - short version, people thought they heard gunshots, panic ensued, tables were turned and chips swiped off the tables. Gaming was shut down and secondary chips (still in use) were brought out for the hundreds. This is mentioned in Bringing Down the House, when one of the MIT blackjack team comes downstairs for their "shift" early in the morning to find only slot machines were running. When all was said and done, there were 19 of these that weren't accounted for when the remainder were sent the chip shredders.]

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom