Best Custom Chipset of 2020, Finals: Story Hill v Cactus Pete's (1 Viewer)

Which chipset is better?

• Story Hill

Votes: 75 43.6%
  • Cactus Pete's

Votes: 97 56.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D1DB3D23-1EC0-4D4D-8716-BD12A5DD522C.jpeg

playing with Ekricket, Tater, RIP, Krafty, Detroitdad and Travel girl!View attachment 749267
I’ve been to a few meetups, and these chips were probably the best custom set I’ve had the pleasure of playing with. The colors in the pots are amazing, the labels are perfect vintage, this set is truly nice.

It echos in my head

Bill yelling while drinking - " The Fracs look like fives! They are red.... *Pause* I FUCKING LOVE THE ONES AND 20s.... *Pause* I keep wanting to call with two fracs when the bet is 10 dollars...."

Me - "you know the denoms are on the chips right"

Bill - " THE PEACH IS SO BRIGHT... HAVE YOU SEEN THE SUNSETS??!"

It echos in my head

Bill yelling while drinking - " The Fracs look like fives! They are red.... *Pause* I FUCKING LOVE THE ONES AND 20s.... *Pause* I keep wanting to call with two fracs when the bet is 10 dollars...."

Me - "you know the denoms are on the chips right"

Bill - " THE PEACH IS SO BRIGHT... HAVE YOU SEEN THE SUNSETS??!"

20210716_094429.jpg

Congrats @Josh Kifer!

tenor.gif

In addition to Story House, there were several sets that could've won, at least in my mind. Rainier Room for sure and even Vesper Club, which went super deep for a hostamp set. So many great relabels done too.

There were some great entries in all categories and lots of outstanding examples of custom chips done last year.

It was fun to run the brackets, but maybe a little confusing at times. To the person that runs it next year, I suggest a few things:

1. Have each entry submit the name of their chipset (limited to 25 characters because a post title is limited to 100 characters) -- I hope my abbreviations and/or naming convention didn't influence a vote.
  2. Require submission of one picture of the set to be posted in the OP of the vote thread. Participants can add more pics, but at least something will be posted for each vote.
  3. Maybe run a play-down vote for all sets... So if there are 30 custom sets, list them all in one vote, vote for as many as you like and the top 16 vote-getters survive to the brackets. That will cut down on alot of vote time.
Just my suggestions. Whoever runs it for 2021 custom chips can do it however they want.

Again, congrats @Josh Kifer for a well-earned win and a beautiful set.

Congrats @Josh Kifer!

tenor.gif

In addition to Story House, there were several sets that could've won, at least in my mind. Rainier Room for sure and even Vesper Club, which went super deep for a hostamp set. So many great relabels done too.

There were some great entries in all categories and lots of outstanding examples of custom chips done last year.

It was fun to run the brackets, but maybe a little confusing at times. To the person that runs it next year, I suggest a few things:

1. Have each entry submit the name of their chipset (limited to 25 characters because a post title is limited to 100 characters) -- I hope my abbreviations and/or naming convention didn't influence a vote.
  2. Require submission of one picture of the set to be posted in the OP of the vote thread. Participants can add more pics, but at least something will be posted for each vote.
  3. Maybe run a play-down vote for all sets... So if there are 30 custom sets, list them all in one vote, vote for as many as you like and the top 16 vote-getters survive to the brackets. That will cut down on alot of vote time.
Just my suggestions. Whoever runs it for 2021 custom chips can do it however they want.

Again, congrats @Josh Kifer for a well-earned win and a beautiful set.
I nominate @WedgeRock to run it next year! You did an outstanding job sir! Please run it again? Please

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom