Best Custom Chipset of 2020, Elite 8: Vesper Club v Story Hill (1 Viewer)

Which chipset is better?

• Vesper Club

Votes: 69 48.6%
  • Story Hill

Votes: 73 51.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah. Honestly ... I've never met, much less spoken to, either of the entrants before, and this is the only poll I (believe I) voted on ... mostly because I felt like my vote mattered on this one and I really appreciate both entries. I also never would have seen it had it not been at the top of New Posts. So yes, entirely plausible.
I think this hits it on the head. I think only a subset of PCF follows some of custom chip voting on here and it takes a close battle with some commentary to keep things at the top. I am having bad flashbacks to losing to @Josh Kifer beautiful Cactus Pete set by one vote. That one had way more votes than others as well. (Hopefully I am not viewed as the common denominator!)

I am hoping all of the questioning is in jest because I think this is just good clean fun. I keep a pretty low profile and wouldn’t even know how to swing this in my favor lol.
Good luck to @gopherblue the rest of the way today. Beautiful set that I am honored just to be in a close match with!

Yeah. Honestly ... I've never met, much less spoken to, either of the entrants before, and this is the only poll I (believe I) voted on ... mostly because I felt like my vote mattered on this one and I really appreciate both entries. I also never would have seen it had it not been at the top of New Posts. So yes, entirely plausible.

Of course I might be the only one out of the 40-ish extra votes who did that... or maybe I'm just not a conspiracy theorist by nature? Or I simply just don't hang out with the cool kids who would throw their integrity out the window to win an online poll? I don't even know which "side" is the one in question.

In any case, I definitely won't stand in the way of this week's PCF witch hunt. Carry on & best of luck to the entrants :)
Minor controversy at best. These sets are both very deserving of whatever they get.

I just also know there is some networking going on which sits a bit sour with me. This should be about the chips not about who you know, and I say that as someone who could absolutely play the network game if I wanted to.

Last edited:
I think this hits it on the head. I think only a subset of PCF follows some of custom chip voting on here and it takes a close battle with some commentary to keep things at the top. I am having bad flashbacks to losing to @Josh Kifer beautiful Cactus Pete set by one vote. That one had way more votes than others as well. (Hopefully I am not viewed as the common denominator!)

I am hoping all of the questioning is in jest because I think this is just good clean fun. I keep a pretty low profile and wouldn’t even know how to swing this in my favor lol.
Good luck to @gopherblue the rest of the way today. Beautiful set that I am honored just to be in a close match with!
Backatcha!

In the interest of full transparency, if I seemingly fouled, apologies. I am guilty of encouraging some folks (whom I’ve interacted with in the past regarding my set) to vote, mostly because I know that for many, this thread/bracket really isn’t on their radar at all. I figured that was ok, since I was simply linking the poll and asking them to vote, and I couldn’t really swing their vote given the anonymity of the vote. But, I suppose I was tacitly asking for their support. Apologies, since I guess that some think that wasn’t fair play.

The Story Hill set is a fantastic set, and TBH, either of our sets, should they be so lucky, deserve to go the distance. I know @MarquetteMonkey’s set narrowly lost to the Cactus Pete’s in a different bracket, and may get vindication if it gets a rematch. (I also think that if my set was in the same position, it would get crushed.)

Anyway, I hope folks vote for the set they think is best, not for the set’s owner.

Last edited:
In the interest of full transparency, if I fouled, apologies. I am guilty of encouraging some folks (whom I’ve interacted with in the past regarding my set) to vote, mostly because I know that for many, this thread/bracket really isn’t on their radar at all. I figured that was ok, since I was simply linking the poll and asking them to vote, and I couldn’t really swing their vote given the anonymity of the vote. But, I suppose I was tacitly asking for their support. Apologies, since I guess that wasn’t fair play.

The Story Hill set is a fantastic set, and TBH, either of our sets, should they be so lucky, deserve to go the distance. I know @MarquetteMonkey’s set narrowly lost to the Cactus Pete’s in a different bracket, and may get vindication if it gets a rematch. (I also think that if my set was in the same position, it would get crushed.)

Anyway, apologies for the overzealousness, and I hope folks vote for the set they think is best, not for the set’s owner.
No worries @gopherblue! As long as people voted honestly, I like getting more eyeballs on the competition. Thanks for being forthright about it. Going to be a photo finish!

1627854819609.png

Such a nice contest

Crazy how this matchup went just like my matchup against Cactus Pete's. I was winning with 20 min to go and lost by 1

Edit: That was a wild final 5 minutes

Last edited:
Voted!!! I love both of these sets SO much! Too close in my eyes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom