Best Birdcage? (1 Viewer)

Gotcha. The only reasons I think a second run would’ve been cool was less cross-hatching on the surface and sharper edges.

All China clays I believe have those rounded edges due to the necessities of the injection molding process.

Ah, I see. For some reason I thought that some of the newer China clays had sharper edges, but I must have been mistaken.

The Royals look like they might be slightly more well defines. I just mean I don’t think they can be close to truly “sharp” like clay chips.

Thank you @Eloe2000 for posting about the Versa cases: after comparing with the other options, I've bought the 500 chip briefcases and a 600 chip carrier :tup:

Bonus: for Justin Rack users, the racks with lids will

a) fit well
b) be a bit easier to extract the bottom racks (their design works well with this case)

TSdmuYj.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you @Eloe2000 for posting about the Versa cases: after comparing with the other options, I've bought the 500 chip briefcases and a 600 chip carrier :tup:

Bonus: for Justin Rack users, the racks with lids will

a) fit well
b) be a bit easier to extract the bottom racks (their design works well with this case)

TSdmuYj.jpg
Do you need spacers for Justin’s racks? Is there any wobble? Or is a traditional rack (unique/Paulson) a tighter fit. Specifically for great condition RHC similar to those diamond jacks and same Versa cage). @FreeBop59. @JeepologyOffroad am I correct to remember you have one?

Do you need spacers for Justin’s racks? Is there any wobble? Or is a traditional rack (unique/Paulson) a tighter fit. Specifically for great condition RHC similar to those diamond jacks and same Versa cage). @FreeBop59. @JeepologyOffroad am I correct to remember you have one?
The Justin Racks stack on top of each other with tabs & notches--they have less wobble in my eyes than using more traditional racks.

When I closed the halves of the Versa carrier together, it felt comfortably snug when the foam pressed against the racks.

I'm going with the Justin Racks and Versa 600 chip carriers--it's a more compact solution for me compared to the Apache cases.

@doublebooyah85 ,

To follow up with your question a bit more, I measured the Justin Rack versus the "closest" Paulson-style rack that I have (I don't have any Chipco, Paulson, or Unique racks for comparison). Using the conversion of 66.7 mm = 2.626 inches (about 2 5/8 inches), here is a measurement of the Justin Rack first:

IK1aYE3.jpg

It's pretty close to 2 5/8 inches--I don't have any wobble, and I don't need a spacer for any barrels (it's snug without feeling tight for the barrels).

Here's a measurement of my non-Paulson rack that I previously tried with the Paulsons:

NGpXuKz.jpg

I now understand why the forum advice is to look for 66.7 mm; this rack is clearly more than 2 5/8 inches. I didn't need a spacer, but I could push an entire barrel up or down to where I could almost use a spacer.

So between the good fit for Paulson barrels in the rack and the terrific stacking of closed racks, I think I've found my preference for Paulson racks :tup:

The Justin Racks stack on top of each other with tabs & notches--they have less wobble in my eyes than using more traditional racks.
What size Justin racks are you referring to? I heard the 40mm ones don't have notches that stack on each other.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom