Bean Town Poker Room (1 Viewer)

@jpietrella
@glynn
@upNdown
@raynmanas
@John Conor

Start time is set for 4pm tomorrow. I’ll follow up later with a PM with address and parking information. We’ll have an 8 man table. I have sodas and waters for everyone. Food we can order once everyone is over, in terms of alcohol, we’re a fairly dry household so I don’t keep any on hand. If you want to drink BYOB and please drink responsibly to keep things tame!

Mandatory pr0n for the set we’ll be using!
8F0352DB-8AAE-4534-89A5-E3354C1EEF5C.jpeg

4EAD420F-FE57-4549-A563-DF8F8102DF51.jpeg

@jpietrella
@glynn
@upNdown
@raynmanas
@John Conor

Start time is set for 4pm tomorrow. I’ll follow up later with a PM with address and parking information. We’ll have an 8 man table. I have sodas and waters for everyone. Food we can order once everyone is over, in terms of alcohol, we’re a fairly dry household so I don’t keep any on hand. If you want to drink BYOB and please drink responsibly to keep things tame!

Mandatory pr0n for the set we’ll be using!
View attachment 911367
View attachment 911368
PCA secondary backup set in tow

Thank you to the gents who made it.

@glynn
@John Conor
@jpietrella
@upNdown

Had a great time and the chips were absolutely amazing. Best chips I’ve put into play of the many sets I’ve rotated.
I have so much to say.
Thanks Mo - great host, and nice work pulling in regs to fill and refill seats.
These chips are the shit. I’ve been pooping on NAGB chips for years, because they have no lead. I’m dumb. These 43mm semi customs are the shit. Like no doubt, the lead content of these chips doesn’t matter. These big bastards with @Gear textured relabels are the shit. Have I mentioned that these chips are the shit? This is legit like an earth-shaking shift. I won’t say that these are better than 39mm leaded Paulsons with textured inlays. But I won’t say they’re worse. (They’re the shit.)

Second thought: I had a disasterous time pitching from the corner of an 8-foot oval. But @jpietrella seemed pretty capable of pitching from a similar position. Does this mean that I’m the dipshit? Possibly. But I can’t be the world’s only dipshit, so I will continue to bash long ovals for self-dealt games (even if the table is freaking gorgeous and there’s only a select few of us who can’t handle it.)

Third thought: this is such cliche crap, but I have to say that PCF people are awesome. Between my game Friday, and this game, I played with 7 PCFers this weekend, and they were all great guys. I’ve played a lot of hands at a lot or cardrooms and there are plenty of pricks out there. But I’ve probably played with 40ish PCFers so far, and have yet to run into somebody who I wouldn’t be glad to play with again. So yay us.

I have so much to say.
These chips are the shit. I’ve been pooping on NAGB chips for years, because they have no lead. I’m dumb. These 43mm semi customs are the shit. Like no doubt, the lead content of these chips doesn’t matter. These big bastards with @Gear textured relabels are the shit. Have I mentioned that these chips are the shit? This is legit like an earth-shaking shift. I won’t say that these are better than 39mm leaded Paulsons with textured inlays. But I won’t say they’re worse. (They’re the shit.)

Second thought: I had a disasterous time pitching from the corner of an 8-foot oval. But @jpietrella seemed pretty capable of pitching from a similar position. Does this mean that I’m the dipshit? Possibly. But I can’t be the world’s only dipshit, so I will continue to bash long ovals for self-dealt games (even if the table is freaking gorgeous and there’s only a select few of us who can’t handle it.)

Third thought: this is such cliche crap, but I have to say that PCF people are awesome. Between my game Friday, and this game, I played with 7 PCFers this weekend, and they were all great guys. I’ve played a lot of hands at a lot or cardrooms and there are plenty of pricks out there. But I’ve probably played with 40ish PCFers so far, and have yet to run into somebody who I wouldn’t be glad to play with again. So yay us.
PCF guys are always awesome, had a great time even with some rocky rivers lol. Excited for the next game and to have more peeps over to enjoy these big 43mm beauties.

I have so much to say.

In Rob's defense, he was sitting right in front of the PCA set. They can be pretty snobby and judge-y. I think he did a fine job.

god, i am so jealous and wish i could have made this game. those chips look amazing. but it was great playing with you guys friday night and i hope i can make the next one. or perhaps i will even host the next one when my basement remodel is finished.

Big thanks to @sheikh617 for cultivating and running such a fun game. It's always a joy to watch someone who takes pride in his hosting.

It was nice to meet and play with everyone. I hope to again soon!

Oh yeah, and the chips are good.

Big thanks to @sheikh617 for cultivating and running such a fun game. It's always a joy to watch someone who takes pride in his hosting.

It was nice to meet and play with everyone. I hope to again soon!

Oh yeah, and the chips are good.
Thanks for swinging by!

Sitting at home with Covid, whole family is sniveling. At least the green team is back in the finals. Frustrating game to watch but glad we snuck it out.

View attachment 919639
Hope you guys are doing ok. I got it a few weeks ago and overall mild symptoms. Starting to get some of my sense of smell and taste back now too

Hope you’re all feeling better soon!
Hope you guys are doing ok. I got it a few weeks ago and overall mild symptoms. Starting to get some of my sense of smell and taste back now too
Could be worse. I’ve had mild to heavy cold symptoms, wife has been fairly healthy. Mother was rough but bounced back fast, father (patient zero lol), lingering cough. Sadly my little one has had it the worst. She’s been hit with an awful cough that’s been killing her throat. Poor thing, whole house was vaxxed for whatever it’s worth. Guess it could be worse but any worse seems scary honestly.

Our whole house was vaxxed and both the wife and I were boosted. I had one day with a 101 fever and light flu like symptoms followed by a couple days of cold like symptoms and a light cough. Wife was stuck in bed for a couple days but better after that. Luckily for us the kids didn’t have any problems or even symptoms.

Rest up and hope you guys feel better soon.

Sorry to hear Mo

Hope the whole family turns the corner for the better

All my Best
Jeff
Our whole house was vaxxed and both the wife and I were boosted. I had one day with a 101 fever and light flu like symptoms followed by a couple days of cold like symptoms and a light cough. Wife was stuck in bed for a couple days but better after that. Luckily for us the kids didn’t have any problems or even symptoms.

Rest up and hope you guys feel better soon.
Thanks gents. Much appreciated.

Looking to have a chippers game part deuce! I think the guys who came by last time had a good time (I hope) lol. I’d like to have another game where it’ll mostly be chippers, 43mm IHCs will be in play again, because they were amazing. This time around I’d like to try some .25/.25 pot limit circus shenanigans. Anywho, let me know who is down. Weekend of 25/26. Happy to pick the day that works for people. Tagging some of the guys who came by last time as well as a few who missed out. If we have an 8 handed table we’ll likely have to play NLH. But once at 6 or less the circus can ensue.

@jpietrella
@John Conor
@upNdown
@glynn
@mistahclean
@Madmizike
@raynmanas
@ReallyGoodUsername

CCAB80E6-690B-4987-8064-AC3414019D6D.jpeg

Interested! Just learned some @ Matt’s meetup. I’ll have to let you know closer to the actual day though (so feel free to fill my spot if you get a bunch of firm yes’s)

Thanks for the invite! Would this be an afternoon start? I'm free the 25th but not until the afternoon.

hmm saturday the 25th is my only possible availability that weekend, but even that is questionable at best, depending on start time

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom