Bean Town Poker Room (3 Viewers)

sheikh617

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
I figured I was going to start one of these eventually and now is the time! Just wanted to share my poker hosting experience since I've starting having games. I'd say the games started around January. I had an ESPN Barrington table that got solid use. With that table my first set of chips were Monte Carlo slugged chips. Since then a lot has changed lol. Between the custom table, new chips, upgraded seats, and miscellaneous trinkets, I've become really proud of my setup and the quality of game we have going. Custom table was done by Keith at KandJpokertables.com. So I'll be posting pictures of tournies, cash games pots, and other events we have going, as well as the progress on my setup! Thanks for viewing and enjoy the pics/future posts!

20190521_193500~2.jpg

20190803_221021~2.jpg

20190814_235536~2.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be taking a better picture with the new chairs tomorrow. Had a tourney yesterday with T15k starting stacks + bounty pool and it was a blast! Went longer than expected due to some nitty-ness that occured with the final four but those blinds caught up to them fast! This was the bubble hand, payouts to top 2. Freaking insane that both hands were this strong! The fish hooks held!

20190822_231946~2.jpg

20190824_023455~2.jpg

Last edited:
Really happy with some of the custom stuff that I've been working on. The table was designed around Boston Sports (duh) and so with that I paid homage and named the room Bean Town Poker. Kaimat sold me some sweet mint CPCs that I relabeled. ABC hooked it up with dealer buttons, Gear the labels, and I used makeplayingcards.com to customize the plastic playing cards. Tourney set is in the works using the Royals Apache just sold. ABC is making me some labels and also a sweet custom Plaque that Timinator helped design! Big, big thank you to all the wonderful members who had a hand in this and have been excellent with information/advice.

20190814_234845~2.jpg

20190817_021827~2.jpg

Screenshot_20190819-004212_Messenger.jpg

Went with some Boss chairs. Faux leather. 23.5 inch max seat height which is great for the raised rail table. The wheels take up a bit more space then I would have liked, but they're solid chairs overall! I originally found them on American gaming supply's website, after some web searching home depot had then for less and I got an additional 10% off the order for signing up for their mailer. Win, win all around.

20190825_173319~2.jpg

Stage has been set! T25k deep stack freeze tournament with the trophy on the line. Going to be 8 players and I can't wait to sling some cards. Got the full semi custom set on deck and ready to go!

20191011_230611~2.jpg

Should have gotten a few pics but came in second place. Had A/5suited got it in on the flop. There was a 3, 4, 7, two hearts. Opponent jammed into me and I ended up calling. Turned the straight and he rivered a flush. Bummer because I was ahead with ace high already. Had 5 bounty tokens though so not a bad cash. Played some short handed cash after. Casual $40 bucks .25/.50 blinds. Ended up cashing at at $145. Got some nice minty/chalky clay on the table!

20191013_000451.jpg

Those Boston sports logos look fantastic and beautiful chips. Looks like a fun game!
Thank you! Everyone had a blast. Went from a 8 handed freeze out tournament into a 4 handed cash game and it was just a good time. Nothing like playing poker with good company.

Those Boston sports logos look fantastic and beautiful chips.

They sure are, and even up close it is really hard to tell they are labels not inlays.

(My daughter traded for the “only sample set” and she let me take one out of the airtite... but only one lol!!)

They sure are, and even up close it is really hard to tell they are labels not inlays.

(My daughter traded for the “only sample set” and she let me take one out of the airtite... but only one lol!!)
The cash chips are laminated inlay replaced so they look as if they came that way from the factory! Glad she likes them. A lot of blood sweat and tears (literally) went into the removal of the original inlays and replacement. I'm paying Gear next time! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Had a scrub donkey tourney last night. $20 buyins with unlimited rebuys up until 4 levels. This creates pretty hectic poker for 4 levels and at level 5 forward, everyone is pretty snug. Had a great time. Made it to the cash (paid to top two) and did a 50/50 split with the other player. Here is a hand from last night. I think it was when we were 5 handed and oddly enough for the Q/10 player the stacks got in after the flop lol. Guess he was hoping for some runner-runner magic... o_O

20191023_232212~2.jpg

sick setup! are you in Boston proper or somewhere out in the sticks like me?

sick setup! are you in Boston proper or somewhere out in the sticks like me?
Just outside of Boston in Somerville, MA. Legit 5 minute drive and I'm right in the heart of the financial district lol. I've had a few chippers over so if you're ever in the area looking for a chill home game, happy to have some fellow chip enthusiast come and enjoy! My players don't know how good they have it lol.

Figured I should get those thread live again since I have weekly events. This Sunday is a T100k deep stack freeze out using the 36mm WSOP chips and some sweet 50th anniversary WSOP copag cards! Wish I had a DB :(. Can't wait!

20200305_202913.jpg

Last edited:
How do you like the custom cards from makeplayingcards.com?
They're fine. Not quite as nice as off the shelf cards IE Kem, Modiano, etc. But they are solid and since you can customize them I think they are worth it. The stock is on the thicker side, I would say similar to faded spades. I made design errors so I plan on redoing them at some point.

Mine are just sitting in the boxes they were delivered in. I need to get them out and scrub em down
Get em on it and show em some love! Gave mine a US bath and some oiling. The yellows and greys took a while to get clean for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom