BCC inlay manufacturing process (2 Viewers)

Man I don't know. The Protégé colors and edge spots just do it for me. It's a really classy inlay design with classy colors and edge spots. There's no need to be bold, ornate, or flashy with that inlay design. The cigar and snifter mold, along with the Web and MGK mold, outside of the THC mold, are the absolute nuts.
Not to hate on the protege cash denoms but I can see how they could be considered boring, they are pretty basic. I like the tourney protege denoms a lot though as the colors are more vibrant and inlay shapes more exciting.

Man I don't know. The Protégé colors and edge spots just do it for me. It's a really classy inlay design with classy colors and edge spots. There's no need to be bold, ornate, or flashy with that inlay design. The cigar and snifter mold, along with the Web and MGK mold, outside of the THC mold, are the absolute nuts.
Love the cigar and snifter mold. :tup:

With the single custom order I made with BCC I decided to remove the egg shaped inlays out of the equation and went with hotstamps! Doesn't mean they didn't find other ways to mess up my order, but at least I can laugh about it now... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Sorry about the mic drop!:rolleyes:
allw.gif

FAWSOME set

I've owned five BCC sets -- Protege (cigar & snifter), Speakeasy (T-molds), custom spotted hot-stamps (T-molds), Mardi Gras v1 (suits mold), and GCOP (TFP mold). Still have the last two. Had plans for a MGK mold Capitol Room tourney set that didn't work out. Never cared much for the flame mold.

I must have found all the good ones because my set just looks FUCKING AWESOME! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Sorry about the mic drop!:rolleyes:View attachment 522085
I'll see your mic drop and raise you one microphone stand topple:

20161112_131005-jpg.64944

In all seriousness though, those Inplays are some of the nicest -- and most underappreciated -- chips on the planet.

Maybe it's the name, dunno, but I never thought they got the attention and respect they deserved.

Inplays and GCOP are some of the top in my eyes.Killer set Dave. What did those things go for in the original buy? A buck fifty?

Inplays and GCOP are some of the top in my eyes.Killer set Dave. What did those things go for in the original buy? A buck fifty?
To be honest, I don't remember their exact cost. 18,000 chips were produced, @Puggy ran the group buy on CT and @Johnny5 did the inlays. Certainly wasn't any more than $1.50, probably closer to $1.15-$1.20 or so with the BCC artwork fees and TFP mold rental charges. Later, the Four Suits group buy chips were under $1/chip on the no-extra-cost flame mold ($1.05 if on the TFP mold), and I think the MGK mold Capitol Room chips were around $1.15 each.

To be honest, I don't remember their exact cost. 18,000 chips were produced, @Puggy ran the group buy on CT and @Johnny5 did the inlays. Certainly wasn't any more than $1.50, probably closer to $1.15-$1.20 or so with the BCC artwork fees and TFP mold rental charges. Later, the Four Suits group buy chips were under $1/chip on the no-extra-cost flame mold ($1.05 if on the TFP mold), and I think the MGK mold Capitol Room chips were around $1.15 each.

Back when I foolishly thought $1.50 was a ton of money to spend per chip...silly, silly boy.

1598673686082.gif

In all seriousness though, those Inplays are some of the nicest -- and most underappreciated -- chips on the planet.

Maybe it's the name, dunno, but I never thought they got the attention and respect they deserved.
Since I bought my first small cash set from @Solid Snake a few years ago, these have become my absolute favorite chips to host games with. Their feel, sound and ease of shuffle are like no other chips I’ve ever handled, totally unique.
Funny thing is, my cash players know nothing about chips but the Inplays are also their favorites.
If you have more info on these Dave, I’d love to hear more about them.

Definitely a bargain by today's standards. I hope to the chipping gods that CPC's don't go this route where the current going rate is a bargain compared to what they would sell for if they would shutter.

Since I bought my first small cash set from @Solid Snake a few years ago, these have become my absolute favorite chips to host games with. Their feel, sound and ease of shuffle are like no other chips I’ve ever handled, totally unique.
Funny thing is, my cash players know nothing about chips but the Inplays are also their favorites.
If you have more info on these Dave, I’d love to hear more about them.
Might be my top cash set. Almost had a trade deal for a set a few months ago but fell through. My favorite mold continues to evade me :dead:

I've owned five BCC sets -- Protege (cigar & snifter), Speakeasy (T-molds), custom spotted hot-stamps (T-molds), Mardi Gras v1 (suits mold), and GCOP (TFP mold). Still have the last two. Had plans for a MGK mold Capitol Room tourney set that didn't work out. Never cared much for the flame mold.

That's not a microphone stand topple Dave...you:

1598694593492.png

Back when I foolishly thought $1.50 was a ton of money to spend per chip...silly, silly boy.

Yes & no...with current 'fair market value'...those were a steal.
But this was same time PCA $5 were $0.89/chip, the hundo's $3/chip & the $500 were $8-10/chip...so over a dollar per chip was not so cheap in those days

My MGK solid blanks (with TRK colors) were 75c or 80c per chip...the spotted blanks 90c-$1 per chip

Last edited:
Lol (more like frowny-face), it sure would be nice if we could still search old CT posts. A lot of valuable information and chip resources went down the tubes there. Is it even possible? @abby99, do you know? Could @Tommy host the data as a read-only resource?

I might forever regret missing on a BCC Four Suits set while still getting acclimated to the cost of poker chips. Then sadly couldn't make a deal work on a BCC CDI set. Oh well something may come along ... and that Samurai set is hella tempting.

I might forever regret missing on a BCC Four Suits set while still getting acclimated to the cost of poker chips. Then sadly couldn't make a deal work on a BCC CDI set. Oh well something may come along ... and that Samurai set is hella tempting.
Better jump on those Samurais! Just saying! Don’t own any but have played with them on several occasions. They are sweet.

Agreed Flame mold was underwhelming too me! The mold impression seemed to light (not deep enough).

Lol (more like frowny-face), it sure would be nice if we could still search old CT posts. A lot of valuable information and chip resources went down the tubes there. Is it even possible? @abby99, do you know? Could @Tommy host the data as a read-only resource?
I have no idea. However, I have found stuff that I thought was gone forever using the Wayback Machine.

So i stumbled upon these on a Swedish craigslist/market place. I'm not quite sure what to do with them. They are non denomination, i didn't realize that untill after i transfered money for them in my exitment to have actually found something besides dice chips among the ads. Is it possible to do an inlay replacement just as with your average paulson or do the bcc mishaped labels, as I expect to be there, require milling?
Screenshot_20200828_224621_com.android.chrome.jpg

how come we lost the colors of bcc and trk when others bought them out? were they trade secrets that wasn't allowed to go with the manufacturing equipment?

how was the cost per chip so cheap and only art work fees on inlay vs CPC no cost for inlays but edge spots get crazy expensive (if there using same equipment shouldn't the cost for edges stay the same ?

i understand material cost goes up but switching some dies and powder couldn't have gone up? does cpc take 4 guys and a huge warehouse with crazy overhead factor in where bcc was using 2 guys and a basement?
i still try to wrap my head around color choices for current bcc chips and the edge spot pricing compared to bccs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom