Basement Poker Room & Home Theater (4 Viewers)

She’s going to love it when she doesn’t hear all the traffic of running up to the bathroom on poker nights though. The assholes i play with would think you installed 2 urinals side by side. Lol

Right around the time I finished up major construction on the room last year, life got super busy, so I had to put the last 3 pieces of this project on hold for a while. I was finally able to put the finishing touches on one of those pieces today - my LOTR display. Built a custom frame for a map of Middle Earth to compliment the replica swords & daggers:

View attachment 394142
View attachment 394141
View attachment 394143

I'm hoping to get started on the humidor innards this weekend. Felt really good making sawdust again, its been way to long. :)

If you ever decide to design a LOTR felt, I stumbled on this vector art that could be a cool poker table concept.

It would take a decent amount of editing to focus it and clean it up, but I really like the idea of the silhouetted fellowship walking on the betting line with Mt Doom in the background.

EB70139E-015B-4BB3-8335-AB84F885D420.jpeg

Basement side project! The other half of my basement (still unfinished) consists of my workshop and a laundry area. I had a bit of space to squeeze in a urinal next to the washer/dryer/sink, so folks don't have to run upstairs on poker nights.

Gross old slop sink and spot for the urinal:
View attachment 412268

Figured it was time to replace the sink as well. I had some leftover vinyl planks from the bar, threw those down to make it look a little nicer. Not sure how well they'll last directly on the concrete but they're easy to remove if they start peeling up.

View attachment 412271

View attachment 412274

View attachment 412270

And done:
View attachment 412276
View attachment 412275

Kind of ghetto I know but it was a pretty cheap upgrade, does the job and will be easy to pull out if needed.

Of all the recent renovations, additions and purchases, this one got the biggest eye roll from the wifey (and its not even close). The boys already love it though lol.
Get a “splash hog” urinal cake. Your floors will thank me.. it’s THE BEST!

Get a “splash hog” urinal cake. Your floors will thank me.. it’s THE BEST!

Awesome, it's been on my to-do list to find something like this, thanks!

@Irish
I just spent the last hour or so reading the entire thread and I am blown away. My wife keeps asking "what?" because I am muttering to myself how amazing the entire set up is! The urinal is the cherry on top!!! I am soooo jealous! INCREDIBLE in everyway.

I have so many questions as a newbie here but I will try to calm down for awhile - I need to gather my thoughts so they come out coherently!

AMAZING JOB @Irish

This is basically how mine is set up too. My lower bar top was close enough to the top of the kegerator as to not require the PVC solution you have. The hole in the top of the kegerator was already there with a plug in it. There were also pilot holes to mount a tower. Instead I found a metal flange that had the same spaced holes for screws. I attached that and it took up the space under the bar. I wrapped the two kegs lines in foam pipe insulation.

Also, I too made a beer tower cooler.

Hopefully when this thing kicks the bucket I will be able to get another kegerator that will line up.

Looks like you have a good set up. Just make sure you leave space around the kegerator for it to move air as it is not an under counter model. Neither is mine, but we built in a 4” gap behing the lower bar for air to move. Not sure if you can make that out in the picture.

View attachment 246649View attachment 246650View attachment 246651View attachment 246652
I recognize this bar

Love your setup. Congrats. I wish I was half this talented.

@Irish
I just spent the last hour or so reading the entire thread and I am blown away. My wife keeps asking "what?" because I am muttering to myself how amazing the entire set up is! The urinal is the cherry on top!!! I am soooo jealous! INCREDIBLE in everyway.

I have so many questions as a newbie here but I will try to calm down for awhile - I need to gather my thoughts so they come out coherently!

AMAZING JOB @Irish

Ditto. This thread was my Sunday morning wake up reading, absolutely incredible!

Just went through this entire thread. I just finished my basement and did a lot of the work myself (framing, tile, paint, trim, etc). I hired out the drywall, plumbing, and electrical. I am super impressed with the work you did, especially making the cabinets yourself, that is amazing and takes skill and patience.

Well done sir. Sit back and enjoy it now!!

I may have missed it. Was there a bar built? Wax looking to see what people have done for a bar...

Not too many do for themselves. Many pay to have it done just to show it off. I'm really happy when a dollar saved and be proud of there hard work...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom