Barrington poker table thread (24 Viewers)

To rephrase, the fold crease in the fabric is gone but will the table fold up? If I’m dumb for not fully understanding I apologize lol

To rephrase, the fold crease in the fabric is gone but will the table fold up? If I’m dumb for not fully understanding I apologize lol

oops, i edited out my response. these tables fold like like this with the table surface out, so no, this table must no longer fold. though i suppose with enough effort, you could get it to fold once. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Untitled.png

Never thought about asking when I made this thread. Request for sticky for easier access to new members?

Complete refurb completed.

- Gold Speed Cloth (YAT)
- Refoamed with 1/4" Ensolite (Foam By Mail)
- Deeper Cup Holders (here)
- 3' piano hinge replacement (here). I feel it makes a big difference with stability.

157473885_353688895854185_2452520900221707505_n.jpg

Pretty happy with the fold alignment since I did it all solo.

157739601_1082311275569788_1344937882478282967_n.jpg

It was a coin flip between the gold and bronze, but happy with the way this color turned out. I like the slightly brighter color but not overpowering. Midnight blue would have also been in the running if it was in stock.

Foam - I had originally purchased the YAT foam sample kit. Didn't want to do Volara as it was too hard for my tastes, and the issues with permanent indentation made it a no go. Sew foam wasn't bad, a touch soft. HD foam was going to be my choice, but when I went to purchase both the 1/3" and 1/4" were out of stock. Based on some of the recommendations on here I decided to try the 1/4" Ensolite. Incredibly happy with the way it feels. It's on the firmer side, but not too firm. I can stack 40 48mm chips with zero wobble, and still get a fingertip under the cards for card peek.

Highly recommend the 1/4" Ensolite if you're going to redo the foam.
Great job. I'm trying to choose between 3/10" HD foam (YAT is out of the 1/4") and1/4" Ensolite. What kind of adhesive did you use with your Ensolite?

I want to upgrade mine also - but how have you and others managed the table legs underneath being in the way? Or is that not an issue?
I used a pipe cutter at 4 locations to shorten it where the deeper cupholders will go. Maybe an inch on each side.

Great job. I'm trying to choose between 3/10" HD foam (YAT is out of the 1/4") and1/4" Ensolite. What kind of adhesive did you use with your Ensolite?
3M 77 spray adhesive.

I want to upgrade mine also - but how have you and others managed the table legs underneath being in the way? Or is that not an issue?

I used a pipe cutter at 4 locations to shorten it where the deeper cupholders will go. Maybe an inch on each side.

This. Pipe cutter works perfect. Easy, smooth cut. No sparks. I already had one so it worked out. I have this, but there are many options out there.

@TunnelMoney had a lead on a great one, but it was pricey. Not sure where that stands.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...olding-table-interest-or-other-options.70392/

I had looked into it, but getting something custom made, either local or through a quality vendor, was cost prohibitive. Haven't pursued it much more.

I reached out to these guys (https://www.tritonpokertables.com/products/folding-table) as the dimensions were similar to see if they would be willing to sell the cover only. Never heard back, and enough time has passed that I doubt I will.

Recently I found this (https://bluewaveproducts.com/collec...ing-texas-holdem-table?variant=31417732759651) that looks like a dead ringer for the Barrington table and the dimensions are exact. I reached out to them to see if they would sell the carry case only, will advise if anything comes of it.

This was an issue... That I didn't realize until I finished my project lol.

For now I'm stuck with the original shallow cup holders in the corners until my bro can come by and chop off the extra metal

PXL_20210511_022822482.jpg

I just finished my refelting and it goofed but It's still better than it was originally. The first half of the table I didn't pull as taught as the 2nd half and as a result the betting line is noticably off. But the felt feels amazing so there's that. Also didn't realize the issue with the legs I mentioned in the last post until the very end.

PXL_20210508_233307544.jpg

PXL_20210508_233941849.jpg

PXL_20210509_020748709.jpg

PXL_20210511_025334921.jpg

PXL_20210511_025416791.jpg

PXL_20210511_042212461.jpg

Also betting line way further out than it looks when the cloth is full, def made for a much larger table.

PXL_20210511_044318481.jpg

How have you guys fixed tables with a very slight sag in the middle?

I just bought a used one that doesnt have an adjustable wire on the legs to keep it from wanting to fold the other way when its open

How have you guys fixed tables with a very slight sag in the middle?

I just bought a used one that doesnt have an adjustable wire on the legs to keep it from wanting to fold the other way when its open
Should prob buy some wire and put that back

I dont think the table ever came with one, so I want to see how tables that have them look like and how I should be installing one to make it the most stable.

I also want to the the mechanism itself that makes the cable adjustable. Is it a special loop thing that you can adjust by hand? Is it a clamp you need a screwdriver for?

I dont think the table ever came with one, so I want to see how tables that have them look like and how I should be installing one to make it the most stable.

I also want to the the mechanism itself that makes the cable adjustable. Is it a special loop thing that you can adjust by hand? Is it a clamp you need a screwdriver for?

I’m not sure the cable is adjustable. @anyone...????

Kind of tough to see, but if you go back to the original tutorial, you can see the wire in some of the photos - https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/barrington-poker-table-thread.30910/post-647297

The wire is not adjustable on the table. It’s fixed in its position and has tension on it once the table is opened. Do you have a picture of your sagging table? We may have suggestions after seeing it.

The wire is not adjustable on the table. It’s fixed in its position and has tension on it once the table is opened. Do you have a picture of your sagging table? We may have suggestions after seeing it.
I'll post one tomorrow once the family celebrations are over for my little sister. The "sag" isn't much, I may he overreacting, butnid love the security of a wire. Or maybe I could bulk it up when I take the table apart to refelt it.

Sorry for the wait, the "bow" is so slight, I dont think itll be too much of an issue

However, this table I bought looks like it's going to be a project to re-felt. There is no rail, just plastic with foam and vinyl. Based off of how the table is constructed, the rail doesnt pop off or is held with screws, its sewn into the felt. This means that I will have to play carpenter and build a rail for this table when I decide to rip it apart, pad it, and upholster it.

I plan on hopefully gutting it and fixing this up for a summer project.

-keeping the table padding and adding speed cloth. May have to replace the padding.
-fabricating rails and installing them
-adding deeper cup holders
-adding handles for easier handling when transporting
-adding a buckle of some sort to keep it closed when in storage/travel.
-potentially sewing a canvas storage bag for this thing to protect it better

I cut out the cloth on the underside of the table to see what the construction looked like already.
20210525_165222.jpg

20210525_165237.jpg

20210525_165319.jpg

20210525_165114.jpg

20210525_165137.jpg

20210525_165718.jpg
20210525_165119.jpg

Sorry for the wait, the "bow" is so slight, I dont think itll be too much of an issue

However, this table I bought looks like it's going to be a project to re-felt. There is no rail, just plastic with foam and vinyl. Based off of how the table is constructed, the rail doesnt pop off or is held with screws, its sewn into the felt. This means that I will have to play carpenter and build a rail for this table when I decide to rip it apart, pad it, and upholster it.

I plan on hopefully gutting it and fixing this up for a summer project.

-keeping the table padding and adding speed cloth. May have to replace the padding.
-fabricating rails and installing them
-adding deeper cup holders
-adding handles for easier handling when transporting
-adding a buckle of some sort to keep it closed when in storage/travel.
-potentially sewing a canvas storage bag for this thing to protect it better

I cut out the cloth on the underside of the table to see what the construction looked like already.
View attachment 706013

View attachment 706014

View attachment 706015

View attachment 706016

View attachment 706017

View attachment 706022View attachment 706028
Ah yeah that's def a different brand of table, that's gonna be a lot more effort to refelt.

Ah yeah that's def a different brand of table, that's gonna be a lot more effort to refelt.
I'll probably make another post for when I continue with this table to show how to fix these ones up.

Figured I post it here since there is alot of modifications and such in this thread with lots of shared knowledge, and to show that not all folding tables people find are constructed like the barrington tables.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom