Barrington poker table thread (10 Viewers)

For all of you who have refelted this table, Did you also remove the old felt?

Did you add a layer of foam or anything below the new felt to give it some squish?

I'm going to re-felt mine soon and wasn't sure if I needed to buy some thin foam for underneath as well.

Thanks!

interesting... leaving the old felt on might add a little more cushion :jawdrop:

Did you add a layer of foam or anything below the new felt to give it some squish?

I'm going to re-felt mine soon and wasn't sure if I needed to buy some thin foam for underneath as well.

Thanks!

i think you definitely have to take the old felt off because it would be wrinkly under there, but it's super easy - it's loose, floppy, and easy to tear off.

i kept the existing foam. it's good enough, but it would definitely have been better w an upgrade.

Thanks!
I did. Not because I thought the table needed more cushion but more because I was already ripping the table apart so why not

I did not. Simple swap out - take off the stock surface, replace with SSC. There is some minimal stock padding in there. Not great, but reasonable for this type of table.
This. I’ve seen some swap out for thicker foam but I’m content with the foam already on there. Like @Dodger said, rip off the original felt and swap with new SSC

Thanks!
I didn't add any foam at all. Just stripped the old felt, and put the new one right on top of the foam. I was a bit worried because it didn't look like it went all the way to the edges. But when put together, it felt perfect. No need to replace or add to it.

Anyone here tried with and without the extra foam to see if it makes a big difference?

Anyone here tried with and without the extra foam to see if it makes a big difference?
If you replace the foam, make sure you cut the foam AT THE RAIL! I made the mistake of thinking the rails would go back on with new foam underneath the rail pieces, yeah, didn't work. Once I cut the foam to the size on the playing surface only, everything went back together great.

Those aren't felts, they are meant to be placed on top of a table, I don't think they'd be thin enough for the railings to connect properly.
I think he's asking if it would fit to just lay it on top, not build it into the table. Or I could be wrong.

Has anyone redone the rails? As in, took each section off, took off the material and stapled on new vinyl and stuffing?
Now you're getting into build your own table territory :D

If you're going that far why spend the initial investment on the table instead of just buying the wood and legs for much cheaper?

Now you're getting into build your own table territory :D

If you're going that far why spend the initial investment on the table instead of just buying the wood and legs for much cheaper?
It isn't like we are doing all this at once. We refelted the table cause even after refelting it was a good deal. After a few years if rail sections wear out why not do maintenance work instead of starting from square one?

It isn't like we are doing all this at once. We refelted the table cause even after refelting it was a good deal. After a few years if rail sections wear out why not do maintenance work instead of starting from square one?
Fair enough. I'm doing all this at once cause I don't want to deal with pulling it apart again haha. This is my stop gap table until I eventually drop the big bucks on a chanman table.

If I was planning on replacing the railings too... I'd personally invest in just building a table from scratch so it would be a more traditional 8-9 ft size so it fit 10 players more comfortably. It's about the same amount of work as *completely* redoing a barrington for about the same price

think it'll go down more over the holidays? past forum posts always claim that the price dips to 110-150 during that time.
It was a few years ago when I got mine, but the day after Christmas sales dropped it to $100 for me. I would wait. Even at 190, you are spending almost another hundred upgrading felt and foam. At that price you can build it yourself

It was a few years ago when I got mine, but the day after Christmas sales dropped it to $100 for me. I would wait. Even at 190, you are spending almost another hundred upgrading felt and foam. At that price you can build it yourself

1604899326157.jpeg

Good morning everyone, I am new to PCF and the home gaming world. I chose the Barrington Charleston as my first table and thanks to all of the contributors in this forum I am moving ahead with some upgrades. Bought some SSC from YAT and stainless cup holders others recommended. Thanks to all for the great advice and instructions. Stay safe...
E75DAAF9-820D-4C09-B434-9AE0EA00AEF9.jpeg

Good morning everyone, I am new to PCF and the home gaming world. I chose the Barrington Charleston as my first table and thanks to all of the contributors in this forum I am moving ahead with some upgrades. Bought some SSC from YAT and stainless cup holders others recommended. Thanks to all for the great advice and instructions. Stay safe...View attachment 572502
Good luck. Everyone here is super helpful should you need it.

Good morning everyone, I am new to PCF and the home gaming world. I chose the Barrington Charleston as my first table and thanks to all of the contributors in this forum I am moving ahead with some upgrades. Bought some SSC from YAT and stainless cup holders others recommended. Thanks to all for the great advice and instructions. Stay safe...View attachment 572502

Awesome! Be sure to share your results when all is said and done.

This thread was also my first entry into the world of PCF. Welcome and enjoy!!

All right got the Barrington re-felted and put back together. I really like the way it came out and LOVE the deeper cup holders. Thanks so much to everyone who contributed to this thread, made my life so much easier. Here are a few pics...

Attachments

• 01488A28-237B-4664-8530-F4D8FA766F5C.jpeg
    01488A28-237B-4664-8530-F4D8FA766F5C.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 310
  • F9622A37-320D-4723-8650-669DC5FC022C.jpeg
    F9622A37-320D-4723-8650-669DC5FC022C.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 245
  • 41339FC5-D748-4FA0-8DC6-24DF0D974A11.jpeg
    41339FC5-D748-4FA0-8DC6-24DF0D974A11.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 260
  • 0E75E3E5-A7FD-4F2A-91AD-0C65555A7CF2.jpeg
    0E75E3E5-A7FD-4F2A-91AD-0C65555A7CF2.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 344
  • 0ACF418E-8AE6-4DB4-82AA-891DE47349A6.jpeg
    0ACF418E-8AE6-4DB4-82AA-891DE47349A6.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 323

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom