Barrington poker table thread (24 Viewers)

Why didn't you tell me? I could have hopped in my Jeep and been there
Might have motivated me a little. Part of it was trying different things. Tried to plastidip the original foam, then headliner foam. But mainly motivation as this is my fourth table but oddly the only table at my house.

Do you all anticipate these going on sale again this year? I just saw one used near me for $150 pics:

Attachments

• 6E383D14-0B05-4FEE-BE4F-4D79F125EAC6.jpeg
    6E383D14-0B05-4FEE-BE4F-4D79F125EAC6.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 154
  • 042701E7-0583-4283-B802-55C6689B1EE9.jpeg
    042701E7-0583-4283-B802-55C6689B1EE9.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 147
  • E8F8187D-BDD2-4DD0-8A72-2DCFA3C23E1A.jpeg
    E8F8187D-BDD2-4DD0-8A72-2DCFA3C23E1A.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 150
  • DF9AF340-1EC3-4698-9FFB-2167421E0750.jpeg
    DF9AF340-1EC3-4698-9FFB-2167421E0750.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 155
I mean, new is $200. Not much of a savings. Maybe wait? People here have said that they usually go on sale around Black Friday.

Dude said price is non-negotiable (he kinda seems like a jerk tbh). Yeah I can’t find this table new for $200 right now, but this close to Black Friday I may as well wait. It’s not like I’m hosting any games anytime soon anyways :p

Yeah kinda douchey but whatever. Someone here posted one from Craigslist for $50 and I immediately grabbed it. Now he said price was non-negotiable. LOL I was okay w that.

Daaaaaaang nice snag. I’m gonna be patient.

lol I told the guy these tables have been as low as $120 or even $100 new and he told me I was dead wrong... mmmm K pal :banghead:

Daaaaaaang nice snag. I’m gonna be patient.

lol I told the guy these tables have been as low as $120 or even $100 new and he told me I was dead wrong... mmmm K pal :banghead:
I got mine on sale for $99. I am not going to tell you how many years ago that was (mainly because I can't count that high).

My local Walmart had five of them on sale for $75 each on the day after Christmas a couple of years ago.

Hey guys! Newer member here on the forum. Just got my barrington table and have some suited speed cloth arriving Friday. Did those of you who’ve replaced the felt use a spray adhesive in addition to staples or are staples alone enough to keep it tight? Thanks for all the great info in this thread!

Hey guys! Newer member here on the forum. Just got my barrington table and have some suited speed cloth arriving Friday. Did those of you who’ve replaced the felt use a spray adhesive in addition to staples or are staples alone enough to keep it tight? Thanks for all the great info in this thread!

Just used a staple gun for the felt. The instructions in the beginning of the post were really helpful.

Staples alone. Save the spray adhesive for replacing the foam under the felt

Last edited:
I can do better but it’s also an overflow table travel table so I shouldn’t be too concerned as I already have two chanman tables and have another two to build so this was a way to see what worked what didn’t.

My contribution to the experiment ways to improve was that I used the original cup holders under the rail to prevent the new ones from falling through. Kind of a fail as the new cup holders now sit just above the rail. I can fix it but probably won’t, unless it won’t close all the way. Probably should have checked that before posting. But I didn’t want to build a bracket and since the new ones fit inside the originals I figured it was worth a shot. If I had put them under the table it would work perfectly but would also need the holes to line up exactly and I didn’t have to glue them to the underside of the table.

Attachments

• 36A63A0D-0157-427B-90DD-97D89E525146.jpeg
    36A63A0D-0157-427B-90DD-97D89E525146.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 283
  • A2C6FB59-7AEB-4EC4-BAAC-E59D10C91A80.jpeg
    A2C6FB59-7AEB-4EC4-BAAC-E59D10C91A80.jpeg
    124.2 KB · Views: 254
  • 31222129-C1B2-4CF5-A8FB-D4CC95FA8630.jpeg
    31222129-C1B2-4CF5-A8FB-D4CC95FA8630.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 255
  • 435F2218-D5A8-48F8-9DC9-BD124C9ABCF0.jpeg
    435F2218-D5A8-48F8-9DC9-BD124C9ABCF0.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 260
  • 1BAB6ED2-B00A-4F72-80CF-2237E8406FFB.jpeg
    1BAB6ED2-B00A-4F72-80CF-2237E8406FFB.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 274
  • 0F11A292-1641-4C5F-9160-CA18F4110BEC.jpeg
    0F11A292-1641-4C5F-9160-CA18F4110BEC.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 317
I will say it depends on the cloth that you use. Mine was thin and had some stretch so I sprayed a light haze on the table first. It is important that it is a light coat of 77 too heavy and it bleeds through. Ask me how I know.

I can do better but it’s also an overflow table travel table so I shouldn’t be too concerned as I already have two chanman tables and have another two to build so this was a way to see what worked what didn’t.

My contribution to the experiment ways to improve was that I used the original cup holders under the rail to prevent the new ones from falling through. Kind of a fail as the new cup holders now sit just above the rail. I can fix it but probably won’t, unless it won’t close all the way. Probably should have checked that before posting. But I didn’t want to build a bracket and since the new ones fit inside the originals I figured it was worth a shot. If I had put them under the table it would work perfectly but would also need the holes to line up exactly and I didn’t have to glue them to the underside of the table.

Sweet surface - where is the felt from?

It is finished! I have to give a HUGE shoutout to @Nick@TPS for some of the best customer service I’ve ever experienced anywhere. Not only did they ship my order out within a few hours, but when I realized I ordered 7 feet of SSC instead of 8 (for a little leeway) and emailed them he personally called me, assured me I had enough, gave me some info on refelting, and told me more about the different types of SSC. Top notch guy and he has earned a customer for life. This is their charcoal mini SSC and I’m super happy with it!
BE1F269B-6612-4F07-A286-30E1F9E0F67E.jpeg

Here’s a pic of the construction process. It was so much more seamless than I anticipated. An electric drill and a hair dryer is a must. Just put that sucker on high, stick it down in the bottom of the cup holder, slip your screwdriver/pry bar under, and apply pressure while heating for 20 seconds or so and they lift right off of the glue. Lining up the two sides of the felt was the toughest part, but it’s close enough.
D35CFD53-C79D-41E2-AF17-2CDBAF007F87.jpeg

Last edited:
It is finished! I have to give a HUGE shoutout to Nick at Texas Poker Supply for some of the best customer service I’ve ever experienced anywhere. Not only did they ship my order out within a few hours, but when I realized I ordered 7 feet of SSC instead of 8 (for a little leeway) and emailed them he personally called me, assured me I had enough, gave me some info on reflecting, and told me more about the different types of SSC. Top notch guy and he has earned a customer for life. This is their charcoal mini SSC and I’m super happy with it!
View attachment 554934
Here’s a pic of the construction process. It was so much more seamless than I anticipated. An electric drill and a hair dryer is a must. Just put that sucker on high, stick it down in the bottom of the cup holder, slip your screwdriver/pry bar under, and apply pressure while heating for 20 seconds or so and they lift right off of the glue. Lining up the two sides of the felt was the toughest part, but it’s close enough.
View attachment 554936

Nicely done! Looks great!

This is wonderful. I may try this idea as well. I’d be curious to know which lights and battery packs you got.
Two of these LED strips: https://amzn.to/3oiKJL2

Battery pack: https://amzn.to/3dXXo1d

The strips are nice because they have big tactile remotes to change brightness and color but they can also Bluetooth to your phone if you want to control them that way. Plus they have the adhesive ready to go.

Random question - I've noticed the cup holders have gotten a little grimy. Anyone got recommendations on what they're made of and how you've cleaned them? I thought about upgrading to the deeper cup holders but I'm good with what I've got for now.

Or maybe I can just flat out replace them from Amazon?

Random question - I've noticed the cup holders have gotten a little grimy. Anyone got recommendations on what they're made of and how you've cleaned them? I thought about upgrading to the deeper cup holders but I'm good with what I've got for now.

Or maybe I can just flat out replace them from Amazon?
I replaced mine with these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06W2JBLJJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
They are 100 times better than the original cup holders because a beer will not tip over while inside them. Very easy to replace as long as you have a drill and a 2 and 3/4 (70mm) hole saw.

For all of you who have refelted this table, Did you also remove the old felt?

Did you add a layer of foam or anything below the new felt to give it some squish?

I'm going to re-felt mine soon and wasn't sure if I needed to buy some thin foam for underneath as well.

Thanks!

For all of you who have refelted this table, Did you also remove the old felt?

Did you add a layer of foam or anything below the new felt to give it some squish?

I'm going to re-felt mine soon and wasn't sure if I needed to buy some thin foam for underneath as well.

Thanks!

I did not. Simple swap out - take off the stock surface, replace with SSC. There is some minimal stock padding in there. Not great, but reasonable for this type of table.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom